or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide - Page 254

post #3796 of 9749

Managed to salvage a pair of B9A tubes from an old Rogers Console.

 

Rogers 12AX7 - I65 & r3L4 code which is Phillips Ontario.

Phillips MiniWatt ECC85 - tU3 & a "Right Angle Triangle symbol"4C3 code which is Philips Heerlen.

(Filament current possibly a little to high on the ECC85.)

 

 

Now I can play, I have a salvaged B9A socket and I'll make up some plugs for the LD's B7G sockets in the next few days.

:beerchug:

post #3797 of 9749
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordy View Post
 

Hi I love music 2,

 

There is much less of a selection of power tubes than driver tubes. The best are the 6H30Pi-DR/6N30-DR  tubes that today run in the $200-$250 range/pair. An excellent and much less expensive alternative is the 6N6P-IR that cost under $35/pair. Don't bother to look for anything else.

 

All these tubes are made in Russia. With the fall of communism the quality went down. It is best to look for older tubes made before 1990 and preferably from the 70's and 80's. Count on a month to receive them (sometimes faster).

Thanks  6N6P-IR is good enough i just need a spare just incase the one i have would give up.again THANK YOU.

post #3798 of 9749

Received some Amperex Bugleboy 6DJ8  tubes today made in Holland .Now if i can get my sockets I will get started on 6 and 12 volts adaptors.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

post #3799 of 9749

Hi I Love Music 2,

 

My suggestion is to save the first pair as a spare and use the IR tubes instead - they are that much better than the stock 6N6Pi tubes.

 

Good Luck!

post #3800 of 9749
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordy View Post
 

Hi I Love Music 2,

 

My suggestion is to save the first pair as a spare and use the IR tubes instead - they are that much better than the stock 6N6Pi tubes.

 

Good Luck!

CRAP you said 6N6P-IR i just purchased 6N6P-i you know what  for $39 shipped i guess it's better than having no Spare at all.

post #3801 of 9749

Just test fitting a new design for the B9A adapter. I still need to wire up and epoxy the socket, make the pins and solder the unit together.

A little spit, polish, buffing and it will look good, even though it is a little too tall. :D

 

 

:beerchug:

post #3802 of 9749
All hail the chosen tube! Nice work sir!
post #3803 of 9749

That looks so cool, very nice work. But how does it sound?

post #3804 of 9749
Thanks guys, it doesn't sound yet as there is still the hookup to do and that tube I just plugged in for looks. I think it is a heptode & triode combined and I just liked the screen on it. biggrin.gif
post #3805 of 9749

I made an adapter only for octals. Two 6N8S (6SN7GT) as power and one 6N9S (6SL7GT) to drive them. I think this is my cutest adapter and sound is so good that i can highly recommend this kind of thing to anyone. No any kind of hum or additional noise. Even cheapest Russian tubes seem to sound flawless. :dt880smile:

1000

post #3806 of 9749
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post
 

Just test fitting a new design for the B9A adapter. I still need to wire up and epoxy the socket, make the pins and solder the unit together.

A little spit, polish, buffing and it will look good, even though it is a little too tall. :D

 

 

:beerchug:

Nice configuration .

post #3807 of 9749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsi View Post
 

I made an adapter only for octals. Two 6N8S (6SN7GT) as power and one 6N9S (6SL7GT) to drive them. I think this is my cutest adapter and sound is so good that i can highly recommend this kind of thing to anyone. No any kind of hum or additional noise. Even cheapest Russian tubes seem to sound flawless. :dt880smile:

1000

Nice clean look love those tubes

post #3808 of 9749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsi View Post
 

I made an adapter only for octals. Two 6N8S (6SN7GT) as power and one 6N9S (6SL7GT) to drive them. I think this is my cutest adapter and sound is so good that i can highly recommend this kind of thing to anyone. No any kind of hum or additional noise. Even cheapest Russian tubes seem to sound flawless. :dt880smile:

1000

I'm so jealous!

 

Would you be willing to make one for my MK IV, if so PM me.

 

You pretty much turned it into the MK 9 http://littledot.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2537&sid=26e07a6b5e4b72fccb7c2aae7f5df775


Edited by mab1376 - 11/6/13 at 10:32am
post #3809 of 9749

I'am looking for a 7 pin socket saver.

post #3810 of 9749
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordy View Post
 

Hi I love music 2,

 

There is much less of a selection of power tubes than driver tubes. The best are the 6H30Pi-DR/6N30-DR  tubes that today run in the $200-$250 range/pair. An excellent and much less expensive alternative is the 6N6P-IR that cost under $35/pair. Don't bother to look for anything else.

 

All these tubes are made in Russia. With the fall of communism the quality went down. It is best to look for older tubes made before 1990 and preferably from the 70's and 80's. Count on a month to receive them (sometimes faster).


Hi.

I recently got my Little Dot MkIII and found this nice guide. I'm new to tube amps but I already have few pairs of tubes to replace the mismatch stock pair of 5654's I got. I was wondering how 6N6P compares to 6N6P-IR soundwise? Saw them at 28$ pair so I might upgrade. Also there is these 6E6P-DRY/DRU tubes.. I presume they can't be used on little dot?

Thanks

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide