or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide - Page 701

post #10501 of 10509
.



What power tubes are in the back?
post #10502 of 10509
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyg326 View Post

.



What power tubes are in the back?

Those are Chinese 4P1S-J tubes.  Russian 4P1L tubes work also.

post #10503 of 10509

Changed all 4 tubes on my LD MKII at once. Mullard M8100/CV4010 and Russian 6N6P. Now the right channel pops and crackles. Left it for a long burn in, but have a feeling that it got worse. Which tubes are more probable to make audible trouble, driver or power tubes, or it could be any of them? 

post #10504 of 10509
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjBobby View Post
 

Changed all 4 tubes on my LD MKII at once. Mullard M8100/CV4010 and Russian 6N6P. Now the right channel pops and crackles. Left it for a long burn in, but have a feeling that it got worse. Which tubes are more probable to make audible trouble, driver or power tubes, or it could be any of them? 

I don't know which is more likely, but it's easy enough to find the problem tube, just swap the driver tubes out for the stock ones, if the crackle goes you know it's one of the driver tubes and if it's still there then it's one of the power tubes, if it's only crackling in the right channel then the left tubes should be fine.

post #10505 of 10509

Just wanna say thanks to OP for the starter guide, really helped me narrow down my choices for me to play around and explore different tubes. 

post #10506 of 10509
Quote:
Originally Posted by dharkharma View Post
 

Just wanna say thanks to OP for the starter guide, really helped me narrow down my choices for me to play around and explore different tubes. 

check out page 77 other cheaper alternatives for the most part 

post #10507 of 10509

Wanted to say thanks again for the info. Just as I was about to get a new MKIV (settling for the non-SE version), a used SE for a nice price popped up on ebay and I jumped on it! I'm excited to get in to rolling some tubes again after months of solid state exclusivity. Also grabbed some Sylvania Golds because I remember the last time I was tube shopping they were like $75/pair or something absurd but I'd always wanted to try them. 

 

By the way does anyone know where to edit the signature at the end of my posts? I remember typing that years ago but it's way out of date and I can't seem to find where to edit it (I checked my site settings and profile info)... thanks


Edited by ScottieB - Today at 5:30 pm
post #10508 of 10509
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottieB View Post
 

Wanted to say thanks again for the info. Just as I was about to get a new MKIV (settling for the non-SE version), a used SE for a nice price popped up on ebay and I jumped on it! I'm excited to get in to rolling some tubes again after months of solid state exclusivity. Also grabbed some Sylvania Golds because I remember the last time I was tube shopping they were like $75/pair or something absurd but I'd always wanted to try them. 

 

By the way does anyone know where to edit the signature at the end of my posts? I remember typing that years ago but it's way out of date and I can't seem to find where to edit it (I checked my site settings and profile info)... thanks

Got to your profile page.
http://www.head-fi.org/u/48304/scottieb

It's near the bottom just before your lists.

post #10509 of 10509

Thanks!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide