Has anyone here heard the PFE 232? I'm wondering if it would be a good upgrade over the fxt90.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- £100 IEMs, a little confused on what to get. Last post on 3/2/13 at 12:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM Last post on 9/27/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs like AKG 70x? Last post on 9/16/12 at 7:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/14 at 8:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for deployment to Afghanistan? Last post on 7/25/12 at 12:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I was offered to review these for Brainwavz and I agreed. I am not affiliated with the company, and have no bias towards or against them. This review will be my unbiased opinion on...
BEYERDYNAMIC iDX 160 iE INTRO If you're reading this you must be a Head-Fi member or just looking at reviews for a new pair of headphones or iem’s. Let me introduce myself, my name is Adam...
Table of Contents Introduction Features and Ergonomics Sound Quality With IEMS With full-size headphones Comparisons to other audio gear For whom is this player good...
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
Brainwavz needs no introduction. They have been in the IEM market long enough that they have made a name for themselves, especially in the bang-for-bucks section. The S5 has been in the market for...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
JVC HA-FXT90 Thread - Page 135
Gear mentioned in this thread:
IEM vs. full size? Probably tough to compare properly, but I too am curious.
What were you expecting? 2 years is more than enough for us, head-fi community as we generally don't keep an iem for such a long time
You have a point *nods at my signature*, but still...some people prefer to buy a product they expect to have last for quite a while. IMO, two years is actually pretty good for a headphone. I find the cable always gives out pretty quickly, which is part of the reason why I always stuck with hyper-cheap products. If I had spent full price on the T90s when they first came out, and they died within two years, I would have been hella angry.
But, I've got a ton of headphones to play around with (including a 2nd pair of T90s :D), so it's not an issue. Woohoo!
How well do the HA-FTX90s pair with the iBasso DX90? I've read here that the DX50 loses a lot of its low end when driving 12-ohm IEMs. Is the DX90 prone to this, too, or is that not an issue with this model?
Well, this just shows not all iems are suitable for everyone. Hope you find a suitable replacement!
My preferred music are rock and metal but I do listen to other genres from time to time.
This is me, right here (except the FXT90s are my only IEMs, currently). I absolutely love these things and aside from picking up a pair of RE-400 Waterlines for a more accurate sound signature, I can't see why I'd need much else. The FXT90s are pretty spectacular for rock and metal.
- JVC HA-FXT90 Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Shanling M2 DAP 6 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 34 seconds ago
- › AKG - K701 vs. Q701 49 seconds ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed Version Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Vsonic VSD2 / VSD2S and AN16 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 3 minutes ago
- › NocturnaL Audio Custom Headphone Cables 3 minutes ago
- › Luxury & Precision L5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player with... 4 minutes ago
- › I think my left ear is slightly weaker 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Jive by jasonb
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2