i have the same thing on the right, but it seems to balance out after a period of burn in. For me at least
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- £100 IEMs, a little confused on what to get. Last post on 3/2/13 at 12:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM Last post on 9/27/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs like AKG 70x? Last post on 9/16/12 at 7:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for deployment to Afghanistan? Last post on 7/25/12 at 12:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Many Head-Fiers will be familiar with Brainwavz already as they have a fairly large user group within the community. Brainwavz has a large inventory of quality earphones at reasonable...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
Bluedio Victory Bluetooth and Optical Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
1) Initial Impression The silver cable is very well made, a great product from Singapore. The sleeves feel very smooth with no rubbery texture. The audio jack and the Y splitter is the standard...
JVC HA-FXT90 Thread - Page 129
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1922 of 21897/3/13 at 1:29am
Yeah I might take them off mine as well... they are still one of the best IEMs I own.
Now they are becoming really rare as well since the production been discontinued.post #1923 of 21897/3/13 at 1:46amQuote:
I sent mine back for being unbalanced. Do a search and alot of people have had the same issue.post #1924 of 21897/3/13 at 1:50ampost #1925 of 21897/5/13 at 3:27am
I have jvc fxc51 and love them. I thought the fxt90s had a similar soundstage but reading the thread seems they're mid focused unlike the fxc51s ? Would fxt90 provide a considerable upgrade over the fxc51 ? I mostly listen to metal and some orchestras/movie soundtracks.post #1926 of 21897/5/13 at 6:26pmpost #1927 of 21897/5/13 at 7:35pmpost #1928 of 21897/5/13 at 10:58pmpost #1929 of 21897/6/13 at 7:43amQuote:
They're pretty available on eBay too.post #1930 of 21897/6/13 at 7:58ampost #1931 of 21897/6/13 at 8:01ampost #1932 of 21897/6/13 at 8:07am
Speaking of FX40 and FXT90, I remember finding thisQuote:Originally Posted by eke2k6
The worst on the list IMO is the FXT90. It's not that it's a bad phone, but the nail in it's coffin for me was that the $20 JVC FX40 has about 90% of it's sound. This has been verified by other head-fi'ers, and another one is about to find out the same thing. It's also bass light IMO (I tried a bucket of different tips). The sub-bass extension and rumble of the GR07 trumps them by a mile. It's also quite aggressive in the treble, so if you like your music loud...beware.
I would like to point out how wrong this poster is when he said FX40 had 90% of FXT90 sound. Truth is they share some similarities, but overall they are quite different from each other. The FX40s have more bass quantity, so when I listen to the 90's bass, I thought the lack of bass on 90 was a downgrade but soon I realize It's more like a sidestep because they have better control so fast paced music like Rock (punk) does sound better on them, while the bass on 40s sound better with Dance or House music. Another thing is for whatever reason, bass guitar is really loud on 40s, so loud it overwhelms vocal or lead guitar at times.
Due to a more balanced nature, vocal on FXT90s isnt as recessed as on 40s, and they got more clarity than the 40s for sure. The best thing on FXT90 is probably the soundstage, specifically depth. On the 40s, I feel like there's a wall behind the vocalist/singer/performers, and they are all standing next to each other. It sounds congested even compared to my old SHE3580; while on the 90s the wall disappears and now there's air and free space behind, much airier than 40s; everyone has their own place: the vocalist standing up front, lead guitar slightly to the side and just right behind vocalist, and durmmer stay all the way back,... something like that, and it's sooo awesome these FXT90s blown the FX40 out of the water as easy as taking candy from kids
sorry for the broken english, I get sloppy quickly when I write something long
@thugangel: you sure about that? I checked Amazon and apparently some shops are still selling, except that amazon themselves stopped and leave that to EC-JOY
Edited by FrequencyBlue - 7/6/13 at 8:12ampost #1933 of 21897/8/13 at 10:31pmpost #1934 of 21897/8/13 at 11:25pmQuote:
FXZ100 :P To be honest, FXT90 probably has the same or a little bit less bass quantity than FX40, but I think the big difference is the presentation of both IEMs. On FX40, it has very V shaped sound while on FXT90 they are flatter while still having V shaped making the FX40 sounds like it has more bass.post #1935 of 21897/9/13 at 8:55amQuote:Originally Posted by voicemaster
FXZ100 :P To be honest, FXT90 probably has the same or a little bit less bass quantity than FX40, but I think the big difference is the presentation of both IEMs. On FX40, it has very V shaped sound while on FXT90 they are flatter while still having V shaped making the FX40 sounds like it has more bass.
No needs to go into other details, I just want to confirm if my FXT90 is still legit. I ran into that Vsonic gr07 bass edition thread and the OP claimed that "FXT90 was bassy" while "The FX40 sounded like it has no bass at all", which in truth happens in the opposite way to me: the FX40 packs more bass punch while FXT90 has less.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JVC HA-FXT90 Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 19 seconds ago
- › new to this 22 seconds ago
- › Grado GS2000e Loaner program 58 seconds ago
- › Review on HtC 10 and Sound quality (AQstic Dedicated Integrated DAC) 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 3 minutes ago
- › The Zishan dsd's corner 3 minutes ago
- › Upgrading from Sennheiser IE80 - Westone W50 or UM50 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit SYS Passive Preamp 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 6 minutes ago
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by crabdog
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear