Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JVC HA-FXT90 Appreciation Thread [User-Info/Buying Guide/Reviews on Page 1]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JVC HA-FXT90 Appreciation Thread [User-Info/Buying Guide/Reviews on Page 1] - Page 124

post #1846 of 2044

cheers lifted, saved link to faves and will try and grab a couple later, also text link to my bro who could be described as a bit of a trance addict :)

post #1847 of 2044

The microphonics are lessened once the cable is broken in a little bit.

post #1848 of 2044
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimmockg View Post

cheers lifted, saved link to faves and will try and grab a couple later, also text link to my bro who could be described as a bit of a trance addict :)

 

Ah wicked mate!

 

Let me know how it goes with the listening. wink.gif

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illbetheone View Post

The microphonics are lessened once the cable is broken in a little bit.

 

Nice one, I'll probably use a clip like I do with most of my IEMs.


That nearly eliminates all microphonics completely.

post #1849 of 2044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo888 View Post

+1, I'm also using the T400 foam tips and the seal is pretty comfortable and good. The L2 cable is rather microphonic, thus the best result for me is to wear them over ear if i'm on the move.

Agreed. It's actually a little silly how microphonic the cable is for such a high quality IEM.

post #1850 of 2044
As much as I love my near-1-year old FXT90, I still have the problem of them feeling stuffy in my ear, unlike when I use my MA350 and my MDR7550. Do some of you guys feel this way too?
post #1851 of 2044
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post

Agreed. It's actually a little silly how microphonic the cable is for such a high quality IEM.

It's not uncommon though, it's like that on quite a lot of mid-high end IEMs.

Manufacturers need to stop leaving the cable to last, and actually pay attention to it.

I guess there is always recabling by btg audio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

As much as I love my near-1-year old FXT90, I still have the problem of them feeling stuffy in my ear, unlike when I use my MA350 and my MDR7550. Do some of you guys feel this way too?

Stuffy?

I had the MA350 too and I wasn't too keen on their fit because of the shape.
post #1852 of 2044
Stuffy. Where I kind of feel this pressure pushing in my ear, resulting in feeling full. Kind of as if you've eaten too much, only in the ear. :\
post #1853 of 2044
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrequencyBlue View Post

I spent $15 importing these, not gonna throw it away that easily

 

The cable roller isn't necessary -- you'll potentially damage the wires if you wrap them around objects.  For these in particular, I picked up this cheap-o headphone case that has a little mesh net pocket on one side.  The pocket keeps the cable held in snugly and the earphones have plenty of room to rest in the rest of the case.

post #1854 of 2044
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry truman View Post

The cable roller isn't necessary -- you'll potentially damage the wires if you wrap them around objects.  For these in particular, I picked up this cheap-o headphone case that has a little mesh net pocket on one side.  The pocket keeps the cable held in snugly and the earphones have plenty of room to rest in the rest of the case.

May i suggest The Brainwavz iem zipper hard case that can be had for $6.00 shipped from MP4Nation.

Size is about right with 2 mesh pocket which can hold a Sansa Clip and a pair of iem.

Just mentioning this if anyone is interested as i have 3 of them and works really well for me.
post #1855 of 2044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo888 View Post


May i suggest The Brainwavz iem zipper hard case that can be had for $6.00 shipped from MP4Nation.

Size is about right with 2 mesh pocket which can hold a Sansa Clip and a pair of iem.

Just mentioning this if anyone is interested as i have 3 of them and works really well for me.

 

May have to disagree with you on that one, I find the Brainwavz case rather square and bulky.

 

I'd instead would like to recommend the MEElec case, which can be had for $2.99 at the moment on a special offer here - http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Clamshell_Hard_Case_for_Earphones_p/earphone-case-hd-mee.htm

 

It's much easier to carry that one around in a pocket or small bag.

post #1856 of 2044
Also, seems customs weren't having a good day today. I may get charged tax for importing my FXT90, wtf?



Funny thing is, I didin't get charged for my Zero Audio Tenore and they cost me about the same.
Edited by Lifted Andreas - 6/17/13 at 9:19am
post #1857 of 2044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted Andreas View Post

May have to disagree with you on that one, I find the Brainwavz case rather square and bulky.

I'd instead would like to recommend the MEElec case, which can be had for $2.99 at the moment on a special offer here - http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Clamshell_Hard_Case_for_Earphones_p/earphone-case-hd-mee.htm

It's much easier to carry that one around in a pocket or small bag.

Yeah. have one of Meelectronic case but was a little small for what I want thus the Brainwavz one. Though a little thicker than the Meelectronics one, it have me some added room to carry along a clip zip and some spare tips.

But that's me and probably the Meelectronics is more suitable for your usage.

Anyway, all good so long it served the purpose for us.

Still waiting for your impression, Lifted. Cheers.
post #1858 of 2044

Hi guys, just got a FXT90 from Amazon.co.jp, a relative was on vacation there and brought one for me.

I've been eyeing this pair forever now... i'm currently testing it, but the left side seems to have a lower sound (like, just 85%) than the right side. Maybe I have a defective pair. Did anyone have similar issues?

I'm so unlucky, I don't think i'm going to be able to get a new pair for free since I live in Brazil and sending it back to Japan to get it analyzed by JVC would be a hassle.

I tried to use Audio Technica's tips, it did make the sound better but didn't fix the low sound on left side issue...

post #1859 of 2044

Apparently FrequencyBlue has the same problem as I do lol, the left side doesn't fit as well as the right side and there seems to be sound unbalance. I think that may be my problem. I'm not sure if the pair is defective or this is natural from the IEM. I'll find out in a couple of days or so I guess.

post #1860 of 2044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron126 View Post

Hi guys, just got a FXT90 from Amazon.co.jp, a relative was on vacation there and brought one for me.

I've been eyeing this pair forever now... i'm currently testing it, but the left side seems to have a lower sound (like, just 85%) than the right side. Maybe I have a defective pair. Did anyone have similar issues?

I'm so unlucky, I don't think i'm going to be able to get a new pair for free since I live in Brazil and sending it back to Japan to get it analyzed by JVC would be a hassle.

I tried to use Audio Technica's tips, it did make the sound better but didn't fix the low sound on left side issue...

Balance between R/L sides can't be completely equal. This is noticeable when switching between different sets. On one earphone vocals sound a little left, on another a little right. If you compare them by vocals location, then don't hurry to return your pair. This kind of issue is common with a new set.

 

If you like listening with different IEMs, then you should get used to this. Same earphone can seem to sound a little left one day and a little right another day.


Edited by AzatHead-Fier - 6/18/13 at 4:15am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JVC HA-FXT90 Appreciation Thread [User-Info/Buying Guide/Reviews on Page 1]