Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JVC HA-FXT90 Appreciation Thread [User-Info/Buying Guide/Reviews on Page 1]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JVC HA-FXT90 Appreciation Thread [User-Info/Buying Guide/Reviews on Page 1] - Page 119

post #1771 of 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by geko95gek View Post


You're better off just playing fast paced and bassy music through them at 75% volume than using any of those sinus sweeping witchcraft things.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninogui View Post

Just play on looping you regular listened music on a slightly elevated (if possible, if not no probl) equalization on all available bands and a slightly elevated sound volume

 

sine waves and such although good for testing will not mimic all the sub frequencies regular music has playing on a given moment so it will not be an ideal burn in process

 

 

Alright. Will continue to burn in with the methods recommended. So far, i have just burn in my fxt-90 for around 40 hrs. Normally 7 hrs per day(i dont wish to let my headset's lifespan becomes shorter). I will test it day by by day to feel the transformation. I can feel it sounds more comfortable and balance now.

 

I m using samsung galaxy note 2 as my source. I prefer songs with file size of 10 mb and above with 32bits/320kbs, 44199Hz. I find music with this character sound nice and detailed. But i dont  quite understand how come music with such character sounds better. It is always hard to find this kind of song. Although i have ripped song from my original CD using power DVD or windows media player, i still feel the song is a bit lacking. The file size is just around 4mb and in WMA format.  

 

Michael Buble's "always on my mind" this kind of music is consider a jazz?i like to listen to this kinda of music.  

post #1772 of 2014

Been listening pretty much exclusively to my music through these IEMs. They are truly fantastic.

 

That said, I sometimes experience two quirks that others have mentioned, and I am wondering how prevalent these problems are. I am also wondering - since I got my pair used - if the problem is these IEMs (the 90s) wear down quickly?

 

The problems are:

 

1. Sometimes the full volume takes a bit to kick in. I'm listening to music and it's at moderate volume. Then all of a sudden it "ramps up" to full volume, all at once. NO, it's NOT a fit issue, as it happens independent of whether I make any adjustments to the fit. Also, the change is very sudden and absolute, like someone switches an "on/off" switch. Happens occassionally, not a show stopper, but not something I like.

 

2. Often, the volume just seems a bit louder in the right ear. I'd say this is about a third of time or more, so this is clearly the bigger problem in my mind.

 

Overall, these are great for all the reasons others have mentioned. I'm just wondering about others' experience, and if there's anything I can do about these issues or if there is a history of these problems, as the IEMs age.

 

Thanks

post #1773 of 2014
After several weeks of thinking these were broken on one side, I've realised I just had the rubber tip on a little weird and it was distorting the sound.

Feel like an idiot.
post #1774 of 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMonte View Post

Been listening pretty much exclusively to my music through these IEMs. They are truly fantastic.

That said, I sometimes experience two quirks that others have mentioned, and I am wondering how prevalent these problems are. I am also wondering - since I got my pair used - if the problem is these IEMs (the 90s) wear down quickly?

The problems are:

1. Sometimes the full volume takes a bit to kick in. I'm listening to music and it's at moderate volume. Then all of a sudden it "ramps up" to full volume, all at once. NO, it's NOT a fit issue, as it happens independent of whether I make any adjustments to the fit. Also, the change is very sudden and absolute, like someone switches an "on/off" switch. Happens occassionally, not a show stopper, but not something I like.

2. Often, the volume just seems a bit louder in the right ear. I'd say this is about a third of time or more, so this is clearly the bigger problem in my mind.

Overall, these are great for all the reasons others have mentioned. I'm just wondering about others' experience, and if there's anything I can do about these issues or if there is a history of these problems, as the IEMs age.

Thanks

The second is exactly what I had and I fixed it by swapping the rubber pieces over. One had got slightly stuck a little pushed in and was messing with the volume. Fiddle with them and see if that works.
post #1775 of 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarchistFish View Post


The second is exactly what I had and I fixed it by swapping the rubber pieces over. One had got slightly stuck a little pushed in and was messing with the volume. Fiddle with them and see if that works.

I'll give it a shot.

 

These are great IEMs, I have to say...I really can't complain

post #1776 of 2014

Can we use comply foam for JVC FTX90?

post #1777 of 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vemon View Post

Can we use comply foam for JVC FTX90?

I have, they work very good, though some loss at the high ends. Marginal though, and if that doesn't bother you, they add a nice overall boost.

post #1778 of 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMonte View Post

Been listening pretty much exclusively to my music through these IEMs. They are truly fantastic.

That said, I sometimes experience two quirks that others have mentioned, and I am wondering how prevalent these problems are. I am also wondering - since I got my pair used - if the problem is these IEMs (the 90s) wear down quickly?

The problems are:

1. Sometimes the full volume takes a bit to kick in. I'm listening to music and it's at moderate volume. Then all of a sudden it "ramps up" to full volume, all at once. NO, it's NOT a fit issue, as it happens independent of whether I make any adjustments to the fit. Also, the change is very sudden and absolute, like someone switches an "on/off" switch. Happens occassionally, not a show stopper, but not something I like.

2. Often, the volume just seems a bit louder in the right ear. I'd say this is about a third of time or more, so this is clearly the bigger problem in my mind.

Overall, these are great for all the reasons others have mentioned. I'm just wondering about others' experience, and if there's anything I can do about these issues or if there is a history of these problems, as the IEMs age.

Thanks

You're better off playing fast and pumping music through them at 75% volume.

Like trance, drum and bass or dubstep. Better yet a mixture of all 3.
post #1779 of 2014

So I managed to sent my (defective) pairs back to Japan and ask for warranty. The guy whom I "hired" to help me out told me that JVC will charge me 1500 yen ($15) to check and repair my pair, and they will charge me another 1500 yen if it was my fault (i.e. intentionally break it open). Now that I really regret gluing them back together. should have left them like that and sent them back immerdiatly :(

post #1780 of 2014

ok, read through pretty much all of this thread - which is a superb (as usual on head fi) resource of info....

 

I am after trying some comply tips, people seem to try 400's or 500's - which are the better / easier fit??

 

thanks

post #1781 of 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimmockg View Post

ok, read through pretty much all of this thread - which is a superb (as usual on head fi) resource of info....

 

I am after trying some comply tips, people seem to try 400's or 500's - which are the better / easier fit??

 

thanks

 

Fit should be 400´s, either t/tx or ts/tsx 

 

Ts highly recommended, better universal fit does not need to go as deep as t/tx. comply T are better fit on reverse to effectively grab the first inner ear area

Ts medium ones seem to be the most popular

Ts used to be hard to source in europe not anymore, widely avail on amazon example

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Comply-TS-400-Comfort-Earphone-Medium/dp/B00AQU2TNU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367175594&sr=8-1&keywords=comply+ts-400

post #1782 of 2014

many thanks for that,

 

i quite like the look of the s-series ones as well so may get a small selection. However, I'll try non bi-flange silicone tips first :)

post #1783 of 2014

good news (for me) guys, the FXT90 pair I sent back to japan, JVC has checked and confirmed it was a defective pair and agree to give me a new one. There goes my $15, but faith in JVC restored~

 

also bump to give these IEMs more attention

post #1784 of 2014
Glad to hear they are replacing them. Enjoy the new ones.
post #1785 of 2014
I just got a like new pair from Amazon warehouse, L2s. Wow.

I am very excited about the sounds coming out of my FLAC files on my clip plus.

I've been using the GR 07 almost exclusively for a couple weeks and these seem to complement perfectly. I love the signature and cannot wait for mental burn in to make them sound even better!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JVC HA-FXT90 Appreciation Thread [User-Info/Buying Guide/Reviews on Page 1]