Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JVC HA-FXT90 Appreciation Thread [User-Info/Buying Guide/Reviews on Page 1]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JVC HA-FXT90 Appreciation Thread [User-Info/Buying Guide/Reviews on Page 1] - Page 115

post #1711 of 2042

what about the earsonics sm2? reviews say they have good bass but i'm skeptical about it because i'm worried that BA driver wouldn't sound as natural in bass as compare to dynamic

post #1712 of 2042
Quote:
Originally Posted by FightBrothers View Post

what about the earsonics sm2? reviews say they have good bass but i'm skeptical about it because i'm worried that BA driver wouldn't sound as natural in bass as compare to dynamic

It will be very difficult for you to decide unless you hear a few different sound sigs for yourself. I would buy two as a learning experience and sell the one you like less. Repeat and eventually you'll find your favorite sound. Usually iems can be sold at a minimal loss.
post #1713 of 2042

I know I'm a little late to the game, but these are some iconic IEMs from what I've read so far.

 

I'm really intrigued to pick up some champagne ones, but the price kinda knocks me down a notch... £100?? eek.gif

post #1714 of 2042
Quote:
Originally Posted by FightBrothers View Post

Hey Gnarlsagan, do you think DBA-02 would be a nice upgrade? Also how does the bass of the DBA-02 compare to FXT90?

 

DBA-02 has a bit more precision than FXT90 and a more balanced frequency response overall, but lacks dynamics and its treble is not very natural sounding - too dry and aggressive IMO. DBA-02 also has a somewhat odd coloration in the mids - they just sound a bit too umm... ethereal. At first, they may impress, but after a while the coloration got on my nerves. I got rid of DBA-02 pretty soon and never looked back. I think FXT90 is the better all-arounder with much nicer dynamics, a more natural timbre, more depth to the sound, more texture/micro details... The bass in particular is more natural on the JVCs as well - DBAs were too dry for me and not really all that tight either. I usually heard tighter, more controlled lows from BA drivers than what DBA-02 produced - even the IEMs based on the same TWFK drivers like Q-jays and UE700 have tighter bass than DBA-02. However, compared to most dynamics, including FXT90, DBA-02 still produces respectable bass definition - it just sounds too dry. FXT90 is not super tight down there either, but its bass reverberates more realistically and is a lot more fun to listen to.

post #1715 of 2042

The JVC's are great...prefered them to my T Peos H 100's.  But the TDK BA 200's are even better.  They are more musically involving even though they are less warm, more neutral, and slightly dryer.  They throw a wider soundstage, but maintain and slightly improve the FXT 90's depth and layering of voices and instruments.  You can more clearly hear the venue and the air that surrounds and attaches itself to voices and instruments.. Bass goes a a bit lower with more impact and speed with a bit more even balance.  The JVC's have a nice rumble but lack definition, detail and extension by comparison. The only area where you might have issues is with the high frequency balance.  The 200's are recessed comparitively...but not so much compared to live music.  May just be my old ears but I find most buds and the JVC's also, although much less so, to be too sibilant.  I wouldn't mind a hint more upper frequecy energy but these elements all work very seamlessly in the TDK's

 

I have heard good things about the new Sony XB 30, also a balanced armature, with three, instead on just the 200's twin armatures.  Flysweep suggest that the TDk's may still have the better midrange. 

 

I am more than happy with these and the Neco V3 adds just a touch of liquid, upper extension and a bit of control and punch that let

these babies sing.

 

Happy Listening,

 

Jgwtriode

post #1716 of 2042

I'm planning on trading my LE pair of these (gold cable) out for a pair of Atrio MG7's to try something new. If anyone here is reading and looking to buy, let me know! Also willing to trade. Mine are well cared for, had them for about 7 months.

post #1717 of 2042
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwtriode View Post

The JVC's are great...prefered them to my T Peos H 100's.  But the TDK BA 200's are even better.  They are more musically involving even though they are less warm, more neutral, and slightly dryer.  They throw a wider soundstage, but maintain and slightly improve the FXT 90's depth and layering of voices and instruments.  You can more clearly hear the venue and the air that surrounds and attaches itself to voices and instruments.. Bass goes a a bit lower with more impact and speed with a bit more even balance.  The JVC's have a nice rumble but lack definition, detail and extension by comparison. The only area where you might have issues is with the high frequency balance.  The 200's are recessed comparitively...but not so much compared to live music.  May just be my old ears but I find most buds and the JVC's also, although much less so, to be too sibilant.  I wouldn't mind a hint more upper frequecy energy but these elements all work very seamlessly in the TDK's

 

I have heard good things about the new Sony XB 30, also a balanced armature, with three, instead on just the 200's twin armatures.  Flysweep suggest that the TDk's may still have the better midrange. 

 

I am more than happy with these and the Neco V3 adds just a touch of liquid, upper extension and a bit of control and punch that let

these babies sing.

 

Happy Listening,

 

Jgwtriode

 

XB30 isn't balanced armature at all...

 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDRXB30EX-Extra-In-Ear-Headphones/dp/tech-data/B00974Q2FW/ref=de_a_smtd

post #1718 of 2042

Just ordered a set of these from Futureshop online for 69.95.  For that price and from what I have read in the thread it seems like a good deal.  

post #1719 of 2042
One thing that I absolutely love about these earphones is their versatility. It's quite amazing to go from a Beatles song to a Disturbed song and feel like each one was presented completely appropriately. The more I listen to these the more I like them :)
post #1720 of 2042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco1965 View Post

Just ordered a set of these from Futureshop online for 69.95.  For that price and from what I have read in the thread it seems like a good deal.  

 

I'm so jealous!

 

Wish Futureshop shipped internationally, what gives?! mad.gif

post #1721 of 2042

I second the sentiment about Futureshop. I would be all over these at that price.

post #1722 of 2042

In this day and age I find it stupid that they don't do international shipping.

 

I mangaged to snag the second last pair online.  The other sold pretty fast too.

post #1723 of 2042
I stand corrected...not Sony xb 30. I meant to say XBA 30.
post #1724 of 2042

Well I got my tracking info and it looks like mine have shipped out of Richmond BC.  I was hoping for Ontario because I would then have them in time for the weekend.  Half a country away will put them here mid next week. frown.gif

post #1725 of 2042
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiobot View Post

I second the sentiment about Futureshop. I would be all over these at that price.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco1965 View Post

In this day and age I find it stupid that they don't do international shipping.

 

I mangaged to snag the second last pair online.  The other sold pretty fast too.

 

Yeah, personally I think its a pisstake.

 

Just sent them an email asking why they don't ship international.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JVC HA-FXT90 Appreciation Thread [User-Info/Buying Guide/Reviews on Page 1]