Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JVC HA-FXT90 Appreciation Thread [User-Info/Buying Guide/Reviews on Page 1]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JVC HA-FXT90 Appreciation Thread [User-Info/Buying Guide/Reviews on Page 1] - Page 111

post #1651 of 2062
After reading most of this thread I decided to get a pair of these. I really like these! I use them most of the day at work. I will however be trying some different tips as my ears are a little sensitive to the stock ones. Still these are the best iem's I have heard ( I am by no means an audio file). smily_headphones1.gif
post #1652 of 2062

Hi guys, help me out with this. I found the best fit wearing them over ears but the the stereo channels are switched. Is there any kind of adapter I can use to switch the channels back while wearing them over ears? Thanks in advance. 

post #1653 of 2062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo888 View Post

Hi guys, help me out with this. I found the best fit wearing them over ears but the the stereo channels are switched. Is there any kind of adapter I can use to switch the channels back while wearing them over ears? Thanks in advance. 

Wearing them over ear shouldn't switch the channels. They are meant to be worn over ear. You mean you can't get a good fit wearing them correctly?
post #1654 of 2062
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post

Wearing them over ear shouldn't switch the channels. They are meant to be worn over ear. You mean you can't get a good fit wearing them correctly?

Hi gnarlsagan, thanks for chipping in. You are right that I was not wearing them correctly but have found the right way to get them to sit in nicely now after some trial and error. Thanks again.
Edited by Leo888 - 11/16/12 at 7:12pm
post #1655 of 2062

Bought these 2 weeks ago from Futureshop in Canada for $89.They sound absolutely fantastic! but the cable seems a bit thin,how's the durability on these? The jacks were often first to go on my previous iem's and i'd love for these to last as long as possible. Any tips/precautions I should take? Any suggestion's appreciated.

 

-Cheers :D 

post #1656 of 2062
The cables don't feel that thin to me but actually very durable comparing to my friend's re0. The way I take care of my fxt90 is try to put it in the hard case that came with the headphones when I'm not using them it might be a hassle in the beginning but eventually you won't regret it when someone accidentally sit on them. As for tips, stock medium fits me just fine so I can't give you any tips there.

PS: I got mine for 79 in futureshop biggrin.gif
post #1657 of 2062

thanks for the reply :),and really? $79?!? btw,would an amp like the e6/e11 benefit these at all?

post #1658 of 2062
Never owned an amp so I don't know about the benefits of it but it might fix the slight harshness in the treble, for me at least
post #1659 of 2062

Just bought the limited edition one from accessoryjack for 120$ shipped. Can't wait to hear them.

 

Question: Will the Comply TX-400 fit these?


Edited by Illbetheone - 12/10/12 at 9:23am
post #1660 of 2062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illbetheone View Post

Just bought the limited edition one from accessoryjack for 120$ shipped. Can't wait to hear them.

Question: Will the Comply TX-400 fit these?

TX-400 fits but it's really tight. Kinda dangerous putting them on.
post #1661 of 2062
Quote:
Originally Posted by FightBrothers View Post

The cables don't feel that thin to me but actually very durable comparing to my friend's re0. The way I take care of my fxt90 is try to put it in the hard case that came with the headphones when I'm not using them it might be a hassle in the beginning but eventually you won't regret it when someone accidentally sit on them. As for tips, stock medium fits me just fine so I can't give you any tips there.
PS: I got mine for 79 in futureshop biggrin.gif

really?? i was watch the prices on these but they were $90 for the past month at futureshop...hmmm

post #1662 of 2062
Guess I got lucky on the deal back in October wink.gif
post #1663 of 2062

Excuse my ignorance about this website but 100+ pages is too much for me to read. Could someone simply answer what the difference is between the JVC HA-FXT90 and the JVC HA-FXT90L2, besides the obvious that it's limited edition and different colors? I read here http://www.audiocubes.com/product_info.php?products_id=3101 that Kenwood fine tuned them more but they don't go into much detail. I read somewhere else that the vocals aren't as good and the bass is heavier but I can't find where I read this.

 

So if anyone knows the actual technical or just has first hand experience and can explain more in depth the difference between the L2 and regular model FXT90 I would appreciate it very much.

post #1664 of 2062

Just bought used FXT90LTD last week to replace my dead Fischer Eterna V1.  Very happy with the SQ of FXT90LTD; IMHO compared to Eterna it has wider soundstage, more prominent treble, more transparent sound, more clarity, less isolation and less bass punch (but might be due to the fact that I couldn't get a good seal on my left ear with silicone eartips).  Planning to do these two mods tonight to address the issues *fingers crossed*:

1.  http://www.ahkang.org/audio/IEM_foam_mod.html

2.  http://www.head-fi.org/t/383917/how-to-best-custom-tips-for-iems-ever-imho-with-pics

post #1665 of 2062
Quote:
Originally Posted by FightBrothers View Post

Guess I got lucky on the deal back in October wink.gif

ahahha lucky you

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JVC HA-FXT90 Appreciation Thread [User-Info/Buying Guide/Reviews on Page 1]