Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Been pondering for days.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Been pondering for days.

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 

So I currently have just a pair of HD 201's ( for comparison)

I listen to Electronic, psyc, rock, dubstep, and djent

i've found a few on ebay, but i cant decide between them, so i came here

i want clarity, but i also want nice bass, and i dont know which to choose

Harx700, K 44's, K 77's, MDR-7506, Samson SR850, HD428, HD 555, MDR-XB300, ATH M20, GD448

or any other good cans for no more than $65 AUD, Used doesnt bother me, nor if it's location (aslong as shipping doesnt push it over $65)

 

cheers

post #2 of 15

Sony MDR-V6 is about the best you can get in that price range. Will go for any genre and is pushed easily. 

post #3 of 15

True that. The V6 will sound great out of the box. I listen to similar genres + more and sounds very balanced for whatever I throw at it.

 

From your list, you will notice it is almost identical to the MDR-7506 (different wiring). More people prefer the sound of the V6 because of its warmth.

post #4 of 15

The sony xb500 is on amazon for 50 USD & shipping and a refurb is even cheaper. The shipping takes a long time though. (10-20 days sometimes on the slower option) The sony XB line of headphones is known for their bass quantity. I haven't auditioned them before so I can't help you any further.

 

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-XB500-Diaphragm-Driver-Headphones/dp/B001RB24S2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311269991&sr=8-1

post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parall3l View Post

The sony xb500 is on amazon for 50 USD & shipping and a refurb is even cheaper. The shipping takes a long time though. (10-20 days sometimes on the slower option) The sony XB line of headphones is known for their bass quantity. I haven't auditioned them before so I can't help you any further.

 

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-XB500-Diaphragm-Driver-Headphones/dp/B001RB24S2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311269991&sr=8-1

 

Bass is lumpy and won't give a lot of detail and the clarity lacks. Good for a portable bass head, but not much for a first can.
 

 

post #6 of 15
Thread Starter 

the SRH240 has been added to the list, would this be better, or just go with the V6's

post #7 of 15

I would go with the SRH240s, I was considering the V-6s but there were to many issues with the build quality, and durability, that and they're ugly as crap

post #8 of 15

I happen to listen to a lot of electronica, dubstep and djent and I can tell you that the V6 will be much better for these genres due to their impactful and well defined bass. The V6 is indeed probably the best choice out of the ones listed. I'm a little confused though, I though it cost more than 65$?

 

Also, whats wrong with the V6's build quality and durability? Its one of the most rugged cans I've ever owned, built like a tank and capable of being very easily mended since every single part is relatively easily replacable. They were built to be quickly mended in the studio and people are literally able to use them for decades without any issues.

 

With this said, at this price point and lower, it is difficult to match Superlux headphones. Perhaps you should look into those, fe. the closed HD660. Get some velours for them for the price difference and be very happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceKake View Post

the SRH240 has been added to the list, would this be better, or just go with the V6's


Quote:
Originally Posted by RevAmped View Post

I would go with the SRH240s, I was considering the V-6s but there were to many issues with the build quality, and durability, that and they're ugly as crap


 


Edited by jupitreas - 9/16/11 at 9:32am
post #9 of 15

Many of the reviews for the V-6s clim that quality control is extremely poor, a few were buying them for the second time after enjoying them for a few years and said the old ones outlasted the new ones

post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceKake View Post

So I currently have just a pair of HD 201's ( for comparison)

I listen to Electronic, psyc, rock, dubstep, and djent

i've found a few on ebay, but i cant decide between them, so i came here

i want clarity, but i also want nice bass, and i dont know which to choose

Harx700, K 44's, K 77's, MDR-7506, Samson SR850, HD428, HD 555, MDR-XB300, ATH M20, GD448

or any other good cans for no more than $65 AUD, Used doesnt bother me, nor if it's location (aslong as shipping doesnt push it over $65)

 

cheers


Heya,

 

Check this one out.

 

Very best,

 

post #11 of 15

the 30 dollar panasonics are not as good as some other 50 dollar sets, namely the SRH240s, and The XB500s, the Shures have very accurate sound but not much bass, the Sone XB500s have the bass response and accurate enough sound, though not as accurate as the Shures

post #12 of 15

sorry I meant Sony XB500s

post #13 of 15

The XB500 has a pretty bloated bass and the Shures certainly don't have enough for the genres you like to be enjoyable.

post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevAmped View Post

the 30 dollar panasonics are not as good as some other 50 dollar sets, namely the SRH240s, and The XB500s, the Shures have very accurate sound but not much bass, the Sone XB500s have the bass response and accurate enough sound, though not as accurate as the Shures


Heya,

 

Not as good? I have them. The Panasonics are excellent headphones actually. Just giving you another option since you're clearly on a budget crunch. If you don't like them, hey, that's your thing man. No harm no foul. But I hope you've listened to them and actually compared them to other headphones before dismissing them as "are not as good as some other $50 sets" because that's just false. The Panasonics are better than quite a few $150 sets frankly. And I have a lot of those ones too. They're actually $60 headphones retail, simply on sale right now for half off. I ended up buying two so I could loan them out to people not willing to try them who are interested (and for meets so I can conceal their cost and let people have fun and wonder what they are).

 

Very best,


Edited by MalVeauX - 9/16/11 at 3:14pm
post #15 of 15

I did not know that they were on sale, but when I tried them I did not find them as clear as the Shures or Sonys

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Been pondering for days.