I just have to add, I preferred the RS-1i by a huge margin to vintage RS-1's when I had them. It's a score and a half if they put the i drivers WITH the buttoned cups!! Did you have to pay for the service?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR325 Last post on 11/9/11 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado RS-1i for Extreme Metal? Last post on 8/15/11 at 6:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Any idea what year these RS-1 are? Last post on 8/14/11 at 11:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for Grados less strident/peaky than RS1s Last post on 6/6/11 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- upgrading from SR60i Last post on 4/12/11 at 7:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION I've been working with Trinity (Trinity Audio Engineering) for almost a couple of years now. I don't...
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
I bought this ckr9ltd from AliExpress for 47USD, less than the usual 120USD RRP. Few fellow buyer with original ckr9ltd claimed that this is a real deal. I have no problem whatsoever to believe...
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
Background I ordered my pair of AAW A3H Pros during Black Friday weekend 2015 at a certain group-buying website, hoping to get my feet wet in the world of customs at a price that wouldn't break...
Grado RS series Owner club! - Page 6post #76 of 25312/17/11 at 9:42am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 25312/17/11 at 11:39amThread Starter
Updated OP post.l Also At the...maybe 700 hour mark my Grados have developed a rather large soundstage.
Edited by WhiteCrow - 12/17/11 at 11:46ampost #78 of 25312/17/11 at 1:17pmQuote:
i am loving the RS-1i alot more than the RS-1 too. at least i have the buttons cups though. they look better.post #79 of 25312/17/11 at 5:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl
the RS1s i bought used finally came back from repairs (driver failed a day after buying).
im assuming they put RS1i drivers on them since they sound different.
i love them! after getting new pads/headband for them, basically a brand new pair of RS1i with RS1 button cups <3
its like the grado sound with a more warm sound signature. never bright! LOVE THEM!!
You know the rules here DG, post a picture or it didn't happenpost #80 of 25312/18/11 at 4:05ampost #81 of 25312/18/11 at 4:12ampost #82 of 25312/18/11 at 5:05ampost #83 of 25312/18/11 at 11:38ampost #84 of 25312/18/11 at 1:05pmThread Starter
Why would you ruin a perfectly good pair of headphones with sub-par Whisky?
post #85 of 25312/18/11 at 1:39pmpost #86 of 25312/18/11 at 6:08pmQuote:
If you don't mind a Cmoy amp try and look for a 18v RA-1 clone amp with a JRC4556 opamp, you can find it on ebay quite easily.post #87 of 25312/19/11 at 3:10pmpost #88 of 25312/19/11 at 3:51pm
some people like it, some people hate it (personally, I'm here), sub par is kind of harsh though....post #89 of 25312/19/11 at 3:53pmpost #90 of 25312/19/11 at 4:01pm
- Grado RS series Owner club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 5 seconds ago
- › [FS] Sennheiser HD 600, Sennheiser HD 650, PSB 4U 2 25 seconds ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions... 26 seconds ago
- › Shanling M3 32 seconds ago
- › Superlux HD-600 any recent owners/impressions? 2 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 3 minutes ago
- › Shozy Zero: $50 IEMs with real rosewood, taking on the $500 big boys! 3 minutes ago
- › Trinity Delta V2 - Dual Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...