I just have to add, I preferred the RS-1i by a huge margin to vintage RS-1's when I had them. It's a score and a half if they put the i drivers WITH the buttoned cups!! Did you have to pay for the service?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR325 Last post on 11/9/11 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado RS-1i for Extreme Metal? Last post on 8/15/11 at 6:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Any idea what year these RS-1 are? Last post on 8/14/11 at 11:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for Grados less strident/peaky than RS1s Last post on 6/6/11 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- upgrading from SR60i Last post on 4/12/11 at 7:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
My opinions Sound The sound produced by the HD558 is rich, a bit light, and isn't bloated with bass which is a good thing. It has a crisp treble and punchy bass, very great...
Introduction In the past 2 years VentureCraft has been successfully creating amps and DAC/Amp packaged components with their GD-03, Go-DAP 4.0 for iPhone 4(s), and Go-DAP X for their...
A friend of mine needed a new headphone, which was cheap, closed and good sounding. I said to him, dream on friend it will be very tough to find a headphone with those criteria. But then after...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the K550. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The AKG K550...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the RE-400. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The RE-400...
Grado RS series Owner club! - Page 6post #76 of 19812/17/11 at 9:42am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 19812/17/11 at 11:39amThread Starter
Updated OP post.l Also At the...maybe 700 hour mark my Grados have developed a rather large soundstage.
Edited by WhiteCrow - 12/17/11 at 11:46ampost #78 of 19812/17/11 at 1:17pmQuote:
i am loving the RS-1i alot more than the RS-1 too. at least i have the buttons cups though. they look better.post #79 of 19812/17/11 at 5:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl
the RS1s i bought used finally came back from repairs (driver failed a day after buying).
im assuming they put RS1i drivers on them since they sound different.
i love them! after getting new pads/headband for them, basically a brand new pair of RS1i with RS1 button cups <3
its like the grado sound with a more warm sound signature. never bright! LOVE THEM!!
You know the rules here DG, post a picture or it didn't happenpost #80 of 19812/18/11 at 4:05ampost #81 of 19812/18/11 at 4:12ampost #82 of 19812/18/11 at 5:05ampost #83 of 19812/18/11 at 11:38ampost #84 of 19812/18/11 at 1:05pmThread Starter
Why would you ruin a perfectly good pair of headphones with sub-par Whisky?
post #85 of 19812/18/11 at 1:39pmpost #86 of 19812/18/11 at 6:08pmQuote:
If you don't mind a Cmoy amp try and look for a 18v RA-1 clone amp with a JRC4556 opamp, you can find it on ebay quite easily.post #87 of 19812/19/11 at 3:10pmpost #88 of 19812/19/11 at 3:51pm
some people like it, some people hate it (personally, I'm here), sub par is kind of harsh though....post #89 of 19812/19/11 at 3:53pmpost #90 of 19812/19/11 at 4:01pm
- Grado RS series Owner club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START... 9 seconds ago
- › Looking for a good CD Transport/Player (~$500) to use with external... 12 seconds ago
- › KR Audio power amp tube, Kronzilla (dual triode) 57 seconds ago
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal! 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › FS: Corda / Audiovalve Eartube Amplifier 1 minute ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 1 minute ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 281 IEMs compared (VSonic GR07 BE and R02 Silver... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 2 minutes ago
- › DAC to go with HD650's and WOO WA2..... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-40/N Gold | Quad Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones... by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-4SL by a_recording
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by a_recording
- › Aune T1 by teb1013
- › Logitech Speaker System Z623 by D3Seeker
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner) by joe