I just have to add, I preferred the RS-1i by a huge margin to vintage RS-1's when I had them. It's a score and a half if they put the i drivers WITH the buttoned cups!! Did you have to pay for the service?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR325 Last post on 11/9/11 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado RS-1i for Extreme Metal? Last post on 8/15/11 at 6:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Any idea what year these RS-1 are? Last post on 8/14/11 at 11:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for Grados less strident/peaky than RS1s Last post on 6/6/11 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- upgrading from SR60i Last post on 4/12/11 at 7:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
Grado RS series Owner club! - Page 6post #76 of 20312/17/11 at 9:42am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 20312/17/11 at 11:39amThread Starter
Updated OP post.l Also At the...maybe 700 hour mark my Grados have developed a rather large soundstage.
Edited by WhiteCrow - 12/17/11 at 11:46ampost #78 of 20312/17/11 at 1:17pmQuote:
i am loving the RS-1i alot more than the RS-1 too. at least i have the buttons cups though. they look better.post #79 of 20312/17/11 at 5:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl
the RS1s i bought used finally came back from repairs (driver failed a day after buying).
im assuming they put RS1i drivers on them since they sound different.
i love them! after getting new pads/headband for them, basically a brand new pair of RS1i with RS1 button cups <3
its like the grado sound with a more warm sound signature. never bright! LOVE THEM!!
You know the rules here DG, post a picture or it didn't happenpost #80 of 20312/18/11 at 4:05ampost #81 of 20312/18/11 at 4:12ampost #82 of 20312/18/11 at 5:05ampost #83 of 20312/18/11 at 11:38ampost #84 of 20312/18/11 at 1:05pmThread Starter
Why would you ruin a perfectly good pair of headphones with sub-par Whisky?
post #85 of 20312/18/11 at 1:39pmpost #86 of 20312/18/11 at 6:08pmQuote:
If you don't mind a Cmoy amp try and look for a 18v RA-1 clone amp with a JRC4556 opamp, you can find it on ebay quite easily.post #87 of 20312/19/11 at 3:10pmpost #88 of 20312/19/11 at 3:51pm
some people like it, some people hate it (personally, I'm here), sub par is kind of harsh though....post #89 of 20312/19/11 at 3:53pmpost #90 of 20312/19/11 at 4:01pm
- Grado RS series Owner club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 42 seconds ago
- › Rockbox is coming very soon to iBasso DX90 44 seconds ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Sennhiser momentum(200€ headphones reccomandation) 4 minutes ago
- › Post pics of your builds.... 4 minutes ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Appreciation Society 5 minutes ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Impression of Stoner Acoustics UD100... 6 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 12 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)