I just have to add, I preferred the RS-1i by a huge margin to vintage RS-1's when I had them. It's a score and a half if they put the i drivers WITH the buttoned cups!! Did you have to pay for the service?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR325 Last post on 11/9/11 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado RS-1i for Extreme Metal? Last post on 8/15/11 at 6:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Any idea what year these RS-1 are? Last post on 8/14/11 at 11:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for Grados less strident/peaky than RS1s Last post on 6/6/11 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- upgrading from SR60i Last post on 4/12/11 at 7:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
(PS: Some content here may be a no-brainer for most but is just there for the less-informed). Please also ignore any errors, judgements. I'm a medio-phile and not an audiophile so, judge...
Grado RS series Owner club! - Page 6post #76 of 25312/17/11 at 9:42am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 25312/17/11 at 11:39amThread Starter
Updated OP post.l Also At the...maybe 700 hour mark my Grados have developed a rather large soundstage.
Edited by WhiteCrow - 12/17/11 at 11:46ampost #78 of 25312/17/11 at 1:17pmQuote:
i am loving the RS-1i alot more than the RS-1 too. at least i have the buttons cups though. they look better.post #79 of 25312/17/11 at 5:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl
the RS1s i bought used finally came back from repairs (driver failed a day after buying).
im assuming they put RS1i drivers on them since they sound different.
i love them! after getting new pads/headband for them, basically a brand new pair of RS1i with RS1 button cups <3
its like the grado sound with a more warm sound signature. never bright! LOVE THEM!!
You know the rules here DG, post a picture or it didn't happenpost #80 of 25312/18/11 at 4:05ampost #81 of 25312/18/11 at 4:12ampost #82 of 25312/18/11 at 5:05ampost #83 of 25312/18/11 at 11:38ampost #84 of 25312/18/11 at 1:05pmThread Starter
Why would you ruin a perfectly good pair of headphones with sub-par Whisky?
post #85 of 25312/18/11 at 1:39pmpost #86 of 25312/18/11 at 6:08pmQuote:
If you don't mind a Cmoy amp try and look for a 18v RA-1 clone amp with a JRC4556 opamp, you can find it on ebay quite easily.post #87 of 25312/19/11 at 3:10pmpost #88 of 25312/19/11 at 3:51pm
some people like it, some people hate it (personally, I'm here), sub par is kind of harsh though....post #89 of 25312/19/11 at 3:53pmpost #90 of 25312/19/11 at 4:01pm
- Grado RS series Owner club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Cowon PLENUE M2 3 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 5 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 7 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 8 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 10 minutes ago
- › Tennmak 10 minutes ago
- › Don't like ATH-M50x... how to change them? 12 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 14 minutes ago
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...