I just have to add, I preferred the RS-1i by a huge margin to vintage RS-1's when I had them. It's a score and a half if they put the i drivers WITH the buttoned cups!! Did you have to pay for the service?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR325 Last post on 11/9/11 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado RS-1i for Extreme Metal? Last post on 8/15/11 at 6:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Any idea what year these RS-1 are? Last post on 8/14/11 at 11:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for Grados less strident/peaky than RS1s Last post on 6/6/11 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- upgrading from SR60i Last post on 4/12/11 at 7:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The ONKYO A800 is a very impressive headphone indeed, and I believe it has the potential to really earn a following among headphone enthusiasts. To be sure, we are in an unprecedented...
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
First off, thanks to Pandora from Brainwavz for reaching out and offering the opportunity to look at the "Jive". Secondly, I noticed a trend that I'm giving 4 stars to everything I've reviewed...
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
Grado RS series Owner club! - Page 6post #76 of 25312/17/11 at 9:42am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 25312/17/11 at 11:39amThread Starter
Updated OP post.l Also At the...maybe 700 hour mark my Grados have developed a rather large soundstage.
Edited by WhiteCrow - 12/17/11 at 11:46ampost #78 of 25312/17/11 at 1:17pmQuote:
i am loving the RS-1i alot more than the RS-1 too. at least i have the buttons cups though. they look better.post #79 of 25312/17/11 at 5:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl
the RS1s i bought used finally came back from repairs (driver failed a day after buying).
im assuming they put RS1i drivers on them since they sound different.
i love them! after getting new pads/headband for them, basically a brand new pair of RS1i with RS1 button cups <3
its like the grado sound with a more warm sound signature. never bright! LOVE THEM!!
You know the rules here DG, post a picture or it didn't happenpost #80 of 25312/18/11 at 4:05ampost #81 of 25312/18/11 at 4:12ampost #82 of 25312/18/11 at 5:05ampost #83 of 25312/18/11 at 11:38ampost #84 of 25312/18/11 at 1:05pmThread Starter
Why would you ruin a perfectly good pair of headphones with sub-par Whisky?
post #85 of 25312/18/11 at 1:39pmpost #86 of 25312/18/11 at 6:08pmQuote:
If you don't mind a Cmoy amp try and look for a 18v RA-1 clone amp with a JRC4556 opamp, you can find it on ebay quite easily.post #87 of 25312/19/11 at 3:10pmpost #88 of 25312/19/11 at 3:51pm
some people like it, some people hate it (personally, I'm here), sub par is kind of harsh though....post #89 of 25312/19/11 at 3:53pmpost #90 of 25312/19/11 at 4:01pm
- Grado RS series Owner club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Earbuds Round-Up 19 seconds ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 1 minute ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Help for the song name. 3 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC 8 minutes ago
- › Choosing between Schiit Yggdrasil and Gungnir Multibit for studio... 10 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 11 minutes ago
- › Smyth Research Realiser A16 12 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 12 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 12 minutes ago
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...