Well it looks like his search goes on. He needs a pair that is cat proof as well, and turns out his cat isn't a fan of the XB series. I asked again and I am a bit confused on his budget. The first time there wasn't a price issue, now it is only about $200 bucks. A bit of an annoyance.
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 7/21/11
- productDBI Pro 700tagged by System, 7/21/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/21/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/21/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 7/21/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 7/21/11
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Need help finding over ear headphones please! Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ~$100 Headphones for Metal, Dubstep, and Gaming? Last post on 8/9/11 at 3:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for trance music around 100 bucks Last post on 3/18/12 at 2:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are the VMODA M-100 Bassy? Plus other headphones Last post on 12/13/12 at 10:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for bass heavy headphones. Last post on 9/10/12 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Brainwavz IntroABOUT USBrainwavz provides high-end earphones specifically designed for high-quality sound and tailor-made to provide the user with a solution that can be used across a wide range of...
Sound Blaster X G5 The Gaming device with everything* we asked for A Little Context The G5 is part of Creative's "Blaster X" gamer focused line, cued after the name of the X7. I loved the...
Intro TL;DR: The Brainwavz XF200 is, in and of itself, an excellent sports IEM that will go the extra mile with you and then some. Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora...
I must first and foremost give a large and heartfelt thank you to secondipity for reaching out to me and asking if I would be interested in reviewing some products offered by them. This is...
ZMF OMNI - REVIEW Zach and Luke are Ortho Docs Disclaimer: No mercy… though the Omni is merciful I really think the Omni can hold up to scrutiny very well. While I have been a long time...
Friend Looking For "Bass Heavy" Headphones - Page 2post #16 of 197/27/11 at 6:44amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 197/27/11 at 9:40am
I have a student with the XB-500, and he loves them too, even after hearing quite a few other headphones (ones that I've let him listen to, mostly). They definitely aren't for me, but they do fill a certain niche. My previous comment was mostly some gentle ribbing.
post #18 of 197/28/11 at 1:42pm
RPG, Ive read a lot of your posts. This thread to me screams xb500, most people who specify that the phone needs to be "bass heavy" would probably like the xb500. You should get 'em to read your posts about them, youve got some pretty nice stuff about EQ'ing them to balance them out a bit, considering the bass aspect would already be covered...
- Friend Looking For "Bass Heavy" Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Astell&Kern AK380 24 seconds ago
- › The Tera Player - Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 3 minutes ago
- › World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 5 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 6 minutes ago
- › Virginia area /north N. C. And MD meets sometime? 7 minutes ago
- › Uncompressed Lossless (WAV) vs Compressed (FLAC / ALAC) - O/T... 12 minutes ago
- › Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 18 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Truss - The All Metal Under Desk Dual Headphone Hanger... by Wokei
- › Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G5 by Evshrug
- › Brainwavz XFIT XF-200 In-Ear Sport Earbuds Noise Isolating... by thatBeatsguy
- › SONY MDRZX330BT/B Sony MDR ZX330BT - Headset - on-ear - wireless -... by Army-Firedawg
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by grizzlybeast
- › Schiit Gungnir by Aornic
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by meringo
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Aerosphere
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by FortisFlyer75
- › Unique Melody UM Maestro 12 driver IEM by shotgunshane
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse