Well it looks like his search goes on. He needs a pair that is cat proof as well, and turns out his cat isn't a fan of the XB series. I asked again and I am a bit confused on his budget. The first time there wasn't a price issue, now it is only about $200 bucks. A bit of an annoyance.
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 7/21/11
- productDBI Pro 700tagged by System, 7/21/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/21/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/21/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 7/21/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 7/21/11
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Need help finding over ear headphones please! Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ~$100 Headphones for Metal, Dubstep, and Gaming? Last post on 8/9/11 at 3:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for trance music around 100 bucks Last post on 3/18/12 at 2:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are the VMODA M-100 Bassy? Plus other headphones Last post on 12/13/12 at 10:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for bass heavy headphones. Last post on 9/10/12 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Photo courtesy of Cozoy INTRODUCTION I recently tested out a couple battery-powered DAC/Amp (Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3) solutions and the battery-free Calyx PaT DAC/Amp with the goal of...
Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus Review Hello, my name is Oscar and this is my review of the Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus. Creative sent these to me as part of a tour and I did not pay for...
Friend Looking For "Bass Heavy" Headphones - Page 2post #16 of 197/27/11 at 6:44amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 197/27/11 at 9:40am
I have a student with the XB-500, and he loves them too, even after hearing quite a few other headphones (ones that I've let him listen to, mostly). They definitely aren't for me, but they do fill a certain niche. My previous comment was mostly some gentle ribbing.
post #18 of 197/28/11 at 1:42pm
RPG, Ive read a lot of your posts. This thread to me screams xb500, most people who specify that the phone needs to be "bass heavy" would probably like the xb500. You should get 'em to read your posts about them, youve got some pretty nice stuff about EQ'ing them to balance them out a bit, considering the bass aspect would already be covered...
- Friend Looking For "Bass Heavy" Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Hello everybody and thanks for the information i need help finding... 1 minute ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Shunyata Venom USB Cable (x2) 1.5m 2 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio e10K, sudden distortion and crackling. Do I need to return it? 3 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Heaven VI 3 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D5000 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio E12 DIY 3 minutes ago
- › Iriver H320 (full set, new battery) 3 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2