New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shorts-Fi

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 

I am looking around for Burberry shorts and they dont really seem to have any. What types of shorts do you guys love/wear?


Edited by cifani090 - 7/17/11 at 11:00pm
post #2 of 10
I like the clothes at REI. I don't know if you have a retail store nearby, but they always carry quality clothes. Their in-house brand is excellent, too. Their heavy canvas is very difficult to wear out, I've had pairs for years. If the styling suits you, you'll have a hard time finding a better pair.
post #3 of 10

I have two drawers of Quicksilver and Rip Curl board shorts.

post #4 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigmode View Post

I have two drawers of Quicksilver and Rip Curl board shorts.


Ive been lately looking for some board shorts, but i find them to thin. I have some really cool Union shorts (nothing like what they show on their .com, and their made in American), two pairs of Lucky shorts (love their jeans too), and a pair of American Eagle shorts. Those were the best of the best shortsbiggrin.gif

 

post #5 of 10

I wear shorts from mid April to sometime in November. I like pretty-much anything from Columbia Sport.

 

 http://www.columbia.com/mens-cargo-shorts-khaki-shorts/men-shorts-casual,default,sc.html 

post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cifani090 View Post




Ive been lately looking for some board shorts, but i find them to thin. 

 



 

 

In my case I guess you're looking at a culture and identity issue, if not a full blown addiction. I've been wearing them for casual use, ocean sports, and construction work  for decades. Geez, I even buy most of my causal clothing in surf shops.

post #7 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcat28037 View Post

I wear shorts from mid April to sometime in November. I like pretty-much anything from Columbia Sport.

 

 http://www.columbia.com/mens-cargo-shorts-khaki-shorts/men-shorts-casual,default,sc.html 


x2, i like a few of those pair of shorts. How is the thickness? They look a little thinconfused_face%281%29.gif

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by pigmode View Post

In my case I guess you're looking at a culture and identity issue, if not a full blown addiction. I've been wearing them for casual use, ocean sports, and construction work  for decades. Geez, I even buy most of my causal clothing in surf shops.


LOL, you one of those guysbiggrin.gif

 

post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cifani090 View Post




x2, i like a few of those pair of shorts. How is the thickness? They look a little thinconfused_face%281%29.gif

 




LOL, you one of those guysbiggrin.gif

 



The sport shorts like hiking....etc. are heavy almost canvas-like material. The dressier ones are lighter wieght.

post #9 of 10
Surf clothing is a big deal out here on the Left Coast. I grew up wearing t-shirts and shorts from the local surf shops. (And yes, I can surf. Haven't done it in awhile. Can't pull off anything fancy, but can catch waves and stand up. smily_headphones1.gif) I don't think I could pull off the shorts at my advanced age (smily_headphones1.gif), but the next time I'm in LA, I really should grab a few t-shirts from the surf shops.

Also, X2 on Columbia. I've used and abused their shorts for years. They hold up.

Also, got a new pair of shorts today. At a local outlet, I found some from Hering for $12. It's a Brazilian company. Seem to be fairly well made, so I picked up a pair in charcoal. The jury is still out as to whether they'll hold up.
Edited by Uncle Erik - 7/19/11 at 1:16am
post #10 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Erik View Post

Surf clothing is a big deal out here on the Left Coast. I grew up wearing t-shirts and shorts from the local surf shops. (And yes, I can surf. Haven't done it in awhile. Can't pull off anything fancy, but can catch waves and stand up. smily_headphones1.gif) I don't think I could pull off the shorts at my advanced age (smily_headphones1.gif), but the next time I'm in LA, I really should grab a few t-shirts from the surf shops.

Also, X2 on Columbia. I've used and abused their shorts for years. They hold up.

Also, got a new pair of shorts today. At a local outlet, I found some from Hering for $12. It's a Brazilian company. Seem to be fairly well made, so I picked up a pair in charcoal. The jury is still out as to whether they'll hold up.


Good for you, i cant even do that (yet), but i bet its adrenaline filling. My cousins i think wear board shorts, since their out in Lafayette. Havent seen them in 5+ years, but they sure have grown up.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home