Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 8/19/11
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandALO Audiotagged by System, 8/3/11
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 8/19/11
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/3/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/19/11
- productTTVJ Millet Portable Hybridtagged by System, 8/19/11
Related Forum Threads
- Do I buy Beyerdynamic T1 or Hifiman HE500 as upgrade solution to my current HD650/K701 combo? Last post on 10/26/13 at 2:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Leben CS600 in DC area -- anyone with LCD2, T1, GS1000, HD800, 702 who wants to listen? Last post on 5/19/11 at 6:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best amp under 500$ Last post on 8/21/11 at 8:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo Audio 6-SE. Overkill for K701s? Last post on 4/12/11 at 8:16pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Solid State Vet Wants To Try Tubes For The HD 800 and T1!! Last post on 4/8/12 at 8:25pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 7/3/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
ALO The Continental - Page 30
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #437 of 4561/8/13 at 11:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dan S
The Continental v3 just appeared on ALO's site. I wonder how different it sounds...
I just saw that on FB. Seems a new Thomson 6111 tube & new output stage. At least according to Google cache (actually don't need Google cache), the pricing's the same.post #438 of 4561/9/13 at 8:15pmQuote:
I don't suppose you'd have an actual part number or web link for that part would you?post #439 of 4561/10/13 at 9:22am
You can pick it out from this page:
I did not have as much luck with this as Funch did. My shaft must have been misaligned just enough to create some interference fit with the skirt of the knob on the recess in the amp face. I probably could have adjusted and gotten it right, but I havn't messed with it much.post #440 of 4561/10/13 at 4:06pmQuote:post #441 of 4561/12/13 at 1:40ampost #442 of 4561/12/13 at 4:43am
I hope [probably in vain] that ALO Audio made the battery to be replaceable and not glued in by an industrial strength superglue. If the battery were to be replaceable then there would be no worries about the battery life. As it is now the Continental has a limited lifespan. Because of the heat from the tube the battery's life is shortened. I totally do not understand why in the first version and the V2 the battery could not be replaced. Is my hope that V3 is different misplaced ?post #443 of 4561/12/13 at 6:27ampost #444 of 4561/12/13 at 10:12ampost #445 of 4561/12/13 at 11:08am
I love my V2 and I'm not too bothered by the battery life or even it's lack of battery swapability. What I do hate however, is the damn wall-wart charger. Why do so many sleek portable devices come with pain-in-the-neck sized chargers?
Conversely, I love my Fostex sac/amp as it charges from the USB port and doesn't require a separate charger.post #446 of 4561/13/13 at 3:14ampost #447 of 4561/13/13 at 3:17ampost #448 of 4561/13/13 at 3:24ampost #449 of 4561/20/13 at 5:35amQuote:Originally Posted by qusp
I would be really careful replacing the battery, lipoly are not known for their stability (they are much less stable than lifepo4 and this chemistry is the reason we now have all these shipping restrictions and issues with flying wit laptops etc) and the charge circuit will be tuned for this particular battery. provided the charge circuit is internal and not in the wall wart, which you could change instead, changing to a larger capacity or different voltage could make for an .....'interesting' listening experience same with the tube, bias will be set up for this tube in combination with this output stage and this supply voltage, its not like rolling opamps (which themselves imo should not be rolled blind)
And provided that the replacement battery is of the same voltage ? As I understand what is crucial is the voltage. The current is used at the steady mA/hour rate. A battery with a larger storing capacity and the same voltage would work the same.post #450 of 4561/20/13 at 7:56am
If changing batteries is such a pain, is there any estimation of how many hours battery life you'll get? I imagine that would vary wildly based on the headphones you're powering, but are we talking a year, two years, etc.?
- ALO The Continental
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Multi-IEM Review - 321 IEMs compared (NarMoo S1 added 09/04/14 p. 966) 3 seconds ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 22 seconds ago
- › London Head-Fi Meet Up - Summer 2014 59 seconds ago
- › Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum hurts my ears? 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 4 minutes ago
- › New Ultrasone Edition 5 hinted in the Fujiya Avice Autumn Festival... 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)