Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 8/19/11
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandALO Audiotagged by System, 8/3/11
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 8/19/11
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/3/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/19/11
- productTTVJ Millet Portable Hybridtagged by System, 8/19/11
Related Forum Threads
- Do I buy Beyerdynamic T1 or Hifiman HE500 as upgrade solution to my current HD650/K701 combo? Last post on 10/26/13 at 2:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Leben CS600 in DC area -- anyone with LCD2, T1, GS1000, HD800, 702 who wants to listen? Last post on 2/20/15 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best amp under 500$ Last post on 8/21/11 at 8:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo Audio 6-SE. Overkill for K701s? Last post on 4/12/11 at 8:16pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Solid State Vet Wants To Try Tubes For The HD 800 and T1!! Last post on 4/8/12 at 8:25pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
This has been called beats for audiophiles. It has great sound, is neutral and detailed, but they are glossy and fairly fashionable. In general, I like a V shape and listen to hardcore, metal,...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of New Zealand tour arranged by @Brooko & @Andykong, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
Ok so it is 2017 and I'm late to the party but I just got this headphone from Singapore Jaben because it seems they were clearing their stock. I got this for a whooping $34.90 SGD!! When I looked...
Have you ever felt like the spark that used to be there just vanished? That the world, once bright and colorful became bland and dull over time? That you no longer feel the joy, the excitement and...
Work in progress. I need to practice my English a bit...
ALO The Continental - Page 30
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #437 of 4561/8/13 at 11:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dan S
The Continental v3 just appeared on ALO's site. I wonder how different it sounds...
I just saw that on FB. Seems a new Thomson 6111 tube & new output stage. At least according to Google cache (actually don't need Google cache), the pricing's the same.post #438 of 4561/9/13 at 8:15pmQuote:
I don't suppose you'd have an actual part number or web link for that part would you?post #439 of 4561/10/13 at 9:22am
You can pick it out from this page:
I did not have as much luck with this as Funch did. My shaft must have been misaligned just enough to create some interference fit with the skirt of the knob on the recess in the amp face. I probably could have adjusted and gotten it right, but I havn't messed with it much.post #440 of 4561/10/13 at 4:06pmQuote:post #441 of 4561/12/13 at 1:40ampost #442 of 4561/12/13 at 4:43am
I hope [probably in vain] that ALO Audio made the battery to be replaceable and not glued in by an industrial strength superglue. If the battery were to be replaceable then there would be no worries about the battery life. As it is now the Continental has a limited lifespan. Because of the heat from the tube the battery's life is shortened. I totally do not understand why in the first version and the V2 the battery could not be replaced. Is my hope that V3 is different misplaced ?post #443 of 4561/12/13 at 6:27ampost #444 of 4561/12/13 at 10:12ampost #445 of 4561/12/13 at 11:08am
I love my V2 and I'm not too bothered by the battery life or even it's lack of battery swapability. What I do hate however, is the damn wall-wart charger. Why do so many sleek portable devices come with pain-in-the-neck sized chargers?
Conversely, I love my Fostex sac/amp as it charges from the USB port and doesn't require a separate charger.post #446 of 4561/13/13 at 3:14ampost #447 of 4561/13/13 at 3:17ampost #448 of 4561/13/13 at 3:24ampost #449 of 4561/20/13 at 5:35amQuote:Originally Posted by qusp
I would be really careful replacing the battery, lipoly are not known for their stability (they are much less stable than lifepo4 and this chemistry is the reason we now have all these shipping restrictions and issues with flying wit laptops etc) and the charge circuit will be tuned for this particular battery. provided the charge circuit is internal and not in the wall wart, which you could change instead, changing to a larger capacity or different voltage could make for an .....'interesting' listening experience same with the tube, bias will be set up for this tube in combination with this output stage and this supply voltage, its not like rolling opamps (which themselves imo should not be rolled blind)
And provided that the replacement battery is of the same voltage ? As I understand what is crucial is the voltage. The current is used at the steady mA/hour rate. A battery with a larger storing capacity and the same voltage would work the same.post #450 of 4561/20/13 at 7:56am
If changing batteries is such a pain, is there any estimation of how many hours battery life you'll get? I imagine that would vary wildly based on the headphones you're powering, but are we talking a year, two years, etc.?
- ALO The Continental
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 7 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 18 seconds ago
- › Just tried my wife's bluetooth Sony Sbh-60. 38 seconds ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 2 minutes ago
- › For 6BL7 tube users 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 3 minutes ago
- › Adam F5, Paradigm Shift A2, Vanatoo T1? 3 minutes ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio M3 or X1, number of tracks 4 minutes ago
- › iPhone 7/7+ Compact External DAC/Amp Thread 5 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U 1 by JoshG1217
- › Cayin i5 by daduy
- › Goldring DR150 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by themindfreak
- › Sparkos Labs SS3602 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ by VintageFlanker
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear