Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 8/19/11
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandALO Audiotagged by System, 8/3/11
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 8/19/11
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/3/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/19/11
- productTTVJ Millet Portable Hybridtagged by System, 8/19/11
Related Forum Threads
- Do I buy Beyerdynamic T1 or Hifiman HE500 as upgrade solution to my current HD650/K701 combo? Last post on 10/26/13 at 2:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Leben CS600 in DC area -- anyone with LCD2, T1, GS1000, HD800, 702 who wants to listen? Last post on 2/20/15 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best amp under 500$ Last post on 8/21/11 at 8:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo Audio 6-SE. Overkill for K701s? Last post on 4/12/11 at 8:16pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Solid State Vet Wants To Try Tubes For The HD 800 and T1!! Last post on 4/8/12 at 8:25pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
[[SPOILER]] Disclaimer: The CL1 were provided to me as a part of the North American Review Tour by RHA. I have been given 10 days to listen to and then write a review where I will pass them along...
SPECS: No written spec was found for the UMI-BTA9 WHERE TO BUY / COST: http://amzn.to/2h6jhkA $69.99 new ( often heavily discounted down to $25 or less ) OVERVIEW Happy...
RHA CL750 – initial impressions Reid Heath Audio are a Scotland-based manufacturer who will be familiar to iFans, with their T10i and T20i all-metal IEMs being prominently displayed in...
The new Crusher wireless from Skullcandy is a great improvement on the old Skullcrushers. The most noticeable improvement is NO EXTERNAL BATTERIES which is very important because a person can spend...
ALO The Continental - Page 30
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #437 of 4561/8/13 at 11:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dan S
The Continental v3 just appeared on ALO's site. I wonder how different it sounds...
I just saw that on FB. Seems a new Thomson 6111 tube & new output stage. At least according to Google cache (actually don't need Google cache), the pricing's the same.post #438 of 4561/9/13 at 8:15pmQuote:
I don't suppose you'd have an actual part number or web link for that part would you?post #439 of 4561/10/13 at 9:22am
You can pick it out from this page:
I did not have as much luck with this as Funch did. My shaft must have been misaligned just enough to create some interference fit with the skirt of the knob on the recess in the amp face. I probably could have adjusted and gotten it right, but I havn't messed with it much.post #440 of 4561/10/13 at 4:06pmQuote:post #441 of 4561/12/13 at 1:40ampost #442 of 4561/12/13 at 4:43am
I hope [probably in vain] that ALO Audio made the battery to be replaceable and not glued in by an industrial strength superglue. If the battery were to be replaceable then there would be no worries about the battery life. As it is now the Continental has a limited lifespan. Because of the heat from the tube the battery's life is shortened. I totally do not understand why in the first version and the V2 the battery could not be replaced. Is my hope that V3 is different misplaced ?post #443 of 4561/12/13 at 6:27ampost #444 of 4561/12/13 at 10:12ampost #445 of 4561/12/13 at 11:08am
I love my V2 and I'm not too bothered by the battery life or even it's lack of battery swapability. What I do hate however, is the damn wall-wart charger. Why do so many sleek portable devices come with pain-in-the-neck sized chargers?
Conversely, I love my Fostex sac/amp as it charges from the USB port and doesn't require a separate charger.post #446 of 4561/13/13 at 3:14ampost #447 of 4561/13/13 at 3:17ampost #448 of 4561/13/13 at 3:24ampost #449 of 4561/20/13 at 5:35amQuote:Originally Posted by qusp
I would be really careful replacing the battery, lipoly are not known for their stability (they are much less stable than lifepo4 and this chemistry is the reason we now have all these shipping restrictions and issues with flying wit laptops etc) and the charge circuit will be tuned for this particular battery. provided the charge circuit is internal and not in the wall wart, which you could change instead, changing to a larger capacity or different voltage could make for an .....'interesting' listening experience same with the tube, bias will be set up for this tube in combination with this output stage and this supply voltage, its not like rolling opamps (which themselves imo should not be rolled blind)
And provided that the replacement battery is of the same voltage ? As I understand what is crucial is the voltage. The current is used at the steady mA/hour rate. A battery with a larger storing capacity and the same voltage would work the same.post #450 of 4561/20/13 at 7:56am
If changing batteries is such a pain, is there any estimation of how many hours battery life you'll get? I imagine that would vary wildly based on the headphones you're powering, but are we talking a year, two years, etc.?
- ALO The Continental
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › JVC HA-FW01 - The New Top End Wood Driver IEM (2017) 3 seconds ago
- › Wells Audio Milo - Impressions And Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Ranking the stars - Flinkenick's Flagship 16 IEM shootout 4 minutes ago
- › Onkyo DP-X11 upcoming | Dual Dac | Balanced | Phone capable DAP maybe 5 minutes ago
- › Review: Final Audio Design Heaven VI 7 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 7 minutes ago
- › Introducing NightOwl Carbon & NightHawk Carbon. Next Generation... 7 minutes ago
- › Audioquest Nighthawk MINT includes balanced Audioquest cable 7 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Delance26
- › UMIDIGI BTA9 Sports IEM by NA Blur
- › RHA CL750 by Jackpot77
- › MEE audio - MMCX SILVER-PLATED CABLE by Zelda
- › Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphone with Mic -... by fusiondragon
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by mokler
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by mokler
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by WCDchee
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Saraguie
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear