Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 8/19/11
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandALO Audiotagged by System, 8/3/11
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 8/19/11
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/3/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/19/11
- productTTVJ Millet Portable Hybridtagged by System, 8/19/11
Related Forum Threads
- Do I buy Beyerdynamic T1 or Hifiman HE500 as upgrade solution to my current HD650/K701 combo? Last post on 10/26/13 at 2:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Leben CS600 in DC area -- anyone with LCD2, T1, GS1000, HD800, 702 who wants to listen? Last post on 2/20/15 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best amp under 500$ Last post on 8/21/11 at 8:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo Audio 6-SE. Overkill for K701s? Last post on 4/12/11 at 8:16pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Solid State Vet Wants To Try Tubes For The HD 800 and T1!! Last post on 4/8/12 at 8:25pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/25/15
MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 – initial impressions Many thanks to @Tony-Hifi from HiFiHeadphones.co.uk for adding me to the UK tour for these earphones – the impressions below are based on the time I...
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
I first used these as monitoring headphones for recording. They quickly moved out of my home studio and now I use them everywhere. I have one pair at home and one pair at work. I also take them...
ALO The Continental - Page 30
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #437 of 4561/8/13 at 11:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dan S
The Continental v3 just appeared on ALO's site. I wonder how different it sounds...
I just saw that on FB. Seems a new Thomson 6111 tube & new output stage. At least according to Google cache (actually don't need Google cache), the pricing's the same.post #438 of 4561/9/13 at 8:15pmQuote:
I don't suppose you'd have an actual part number or web link for that part would you?post #439 of 4561/10/13 at 9:22am
You can pick it out from this page:
I did not have as much luck with this as Funch did. My shaft must have been misaligned just enough to create some interference fit with the skirt of the knob on the recess in the amp face. I probably could have adjusted and gotten it right, but I havn't messed with it much.post #440 of 4561/10/13 at 4:06pmQuote:post #441 of 4561/12/13 at 1:40ampost #442 of 4561/12/13 at 4:43am
I hope [probably in vain] that ALO Audio made the battery to be replaceable and not glued in by an industrial strength superglue. If the battery were to be replaceable then there would be no worries about the battery life. As it is now the Continental has a limited lifespan. Because of the heat from the tube the battery's life is shortened. I totally do not understand why in the first version and the V2 the battery could not be replaced. Is my hope that V3 is different misplaced ?post #443 of 4561/12/13 at 6:27ampost #444 of 4561/12/13 at 10:12ampost #445 of 4561/12/13 at 11:08am
I love my V2 and I'm not too bothered by the battery life or even it's lack of battery swapability. What I do hate however, is the damn wall-wart charger. Why do so many sleek portable devices come with pain-in-the-neck sized chargers?
Conversely, I love my Fostex sac/amp as it charges from the USB port and doesn't require a separate charger.post #446 of 4561/13/13 at 3:14ampost #447 of 4561/13/13 at 3:17ampost #448 of 4561/13/13 at 3:24ampost #449 of 4561/20/13 at 5:35amQuote:Originally Posted by qusp
I would be really careful replacing the battery, lipoly are not known for their stability (they are much less stable than lifepo4 and this chemistry is the reason we now have all these shipping restrictions and issues with flying wit laptops etc) and the charge circuit will be tuned for this particular battery. provided the charge circuit is internal and not in the wall wart, which you could change instead, changing to a larger capacity or different voltage could make for an .....'interesting' listening experience same with the tube, bias will be set up for this tube in combination with this output stage and this supply voltage, its not like rolling opamps (which themselves imo should not be rolled blind)
And provided that the replacement battery is of the same voltage ? As I understand what is crucial is the voltage. The current is used at the steady mA/hour rate. A battery with a larger storing capacity and the same voltage would work the same.post #450 of 4561/20/13 at 7:56am
If changing batteries is such a pain, is there any estimation of how many hours battery life you'll get? I imagine that would vary wildly based on the headphones you're powering, but are we talking a year, two years, etc.?
- ALO The Continental
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 31 seconds ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and... 36 seconds ago
- › Morrow audio MA2 interconnect 2 minutes ago
- › AKG new N90Q 3 minutes ago
- › Official Head-Fi Houston Fourth-of-July Weekend Meet: Saturday -... 3 minutes ago
- › DavidA 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Vintage/Current R2R DAC Owners Discussion, Insight, and Review Thread 7 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 8 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 8 minutes ago
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Jackpot77
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...