Opinions? Also I am open to other suggestions, if there are any. I'm looking for something around that price, probably a bit cheaper. (200ish) Genres: Punk Rock, Rock, Blues, Folk, Indie, Dubstep.
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by System, 7/19/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/19/11
- productFischer Audio FA-003tagged by System, 7/19/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 7/19/11
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 7/19/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 7/19/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/19/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/19/11
Related Forum Threads
- starting my headphone journey and need some advice on which headphones to get Last post on 9/25/11 at 1:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Searching for a narrow soundstage Last post on 9/18/11 at 3:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- I'm new. Researched A LOT and still unsure. Looking for input on a short list of headphones. Last post on 12/23/11 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones Last post on 10/3/11 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
I've owned this for about 6 months when I bought it direct from China. As a 68 year old it took me back to a time when I used to go to live concerts. But there were hidden costs involved. Firstly...
I`ve had the ATH-A900 LTD in 10 years and they still play very well indeed! I checked out the sound quality this week against the best they had in our local hi-fi store and the ones I heard wasn`t...
BRIEF SUMMARY The HD800 has always been my goal ever since I started on my audio journey 5 years ago, but I was into portable audio back then and the price of the HD800 were fairly expensive so...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
Denon AD-D1100 vs Grado SR125I
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 67/17/11 at 1:12pm
I would not hesitate to vote for the Grados. Your ears are in the right place with Grado, though you are not in good hands with Allstate, I just read. I but there are many who would say the Grado 60 would be good enough given the price area you are in, though best way to make better would be to simply give up eating, sell some blood, and buy the sweetest in the lower end of the Grado line and buy the 225i which I have along with the other Prestige series Grado cans and which beat all others including the 325i. Lower end Denon too much bass like their adult versions and not real happy in the middle to point I gave my Denon 2000 to son after paying much money for it (he lost or destroyed them...just another price one pays for reproducing).
P. S. You are clearly a literate man. Thanks for not writing in lower text message format. You can be CEO of my next company any day.post #3 of 67/17/11 at 1:30pmThread Starter
Sounds like a plan lol. Also thanks for the advice, I might see if I can find these online for cheaper than at my local store (284....) Hopefully I can. What do you think about the FA-003 btw? Worth it, or just go for the SR225i?post #4 of 67/20/11 at 3:18ampost #5 of 67/20/11 at 4:21am
I like the idea of that Allie MS1i and LD1+... sounds like a pretty fun combo. The MS1 is basically a SR125 with a miniplug. I was always a fan of them brining the SR225 down to 150 and just discontinuing the SR-125.post #6 of 67/21/11 at 2:07pm
Those two headphones have very different sound signatures. I would suggest you try them both out in a store, if possible.
I own the AH-D1100 and love them.
A decision between those two will be a question of preference.
- Denon AD-D1100 vs Grado SR125I
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › CanJam London 2016 (August 13-14, 2016) 4 minutes ago
- › LZ-A2S impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 7 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 7 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics VE Zen 2.0 impressions and discussion thread 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 8 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 9 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 11 minutes ago
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › ampsandsound Mogwai Single-Ended Amplifier by dmhenley
- › Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone by moedawg140
- › RHA MA750 by bobghosh
- › Questyle CMA600i "Current Mode Amplification" Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...