Opinions? Also I am open to other suggestions, if there are any. I'm looking for something around that price, probably a bit cheaper. (200ish) Genres: Punk Rock, Rock, Blues, Folk, Indie, Dubstep.
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by System, 7/19/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/19/11
- productFischer Audio FA-003tagged by System, 7/19/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 7/19/11
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 7/19/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 7/19/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/19/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/19/11
Related Forum Threads
- starting my headphone journey and need some advice on which headphones to get Last post on 9/25/11 at 1:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Searching for a narrow soundstage Last post on 9/18/11 at 3:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- I'm new. Researched A LOT and still unsure. Looking for input on a short list of headphones. Last post on 12/23/11 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones Last post on 10/3/11 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
My initial impressions of this headphone were good, but it has taken a week for me of careful listening to really appreciate their qualities and purpose. Ultimately, I love these headphones and...
Overview, design and build: The CKR10 is currently the flagship dynamic driver earphones from Audio Technica. I bought it used from another Head-Fi user. Packaging and accesories are simple but...
It is brilliant, having been based on a OPA2134 as input amp that is wired to a TPA6120A2 as buffer (Current amp). It uses a TDA2030 as a rail splitter. Using a power opamp as a rail splitter...
Introduction So a little a bit myself, I am a semi-audiophile. It means that I listen to "normal" song and audiophile song kind of 50:50. During my commute to work I listen to "normal" song such...
Thank You's and Sorries A big thank David Maudlin for sending me the Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio to me back in late May and I apologise that it's taken me 3 months to put something up about...
Denon AD-D1100 vs Grado SR125I
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 67/17/11 at 1:12pm
I would not hesitate to vote for the Grados. Your ears are in the right place with Grado, though you are not in good hands with Allstate, I just read. I but there are many who would say the Grado 60 would be good enough given the price area you are in, though best way to make better would be to simply give up eating, sell some blood, and buy the sweetest in the lower end of the Grado line and buy the 225i which I have along with the other Prestige series Grado cans and which beat all others including the 325i. Lower end Denon too much bass like their adult versions and not real happy in the middle to point I gave my Denon 2000 to son after paying much money for it (he lost or destroyed them...just another price one pays for reproducing).
P. S. You are clearly a literate man. Thanks for not writing in lower text message format. You can be CEO of my next company any day.post #3 of 67/17/11 at 1:30pmThread Starter
Sounds like a plan lol. Also thanks for the advice, I might see if I can find these online for cheaper than at my local store (284....) Hopefully I can. What do you think about the FA-003 btw? Worth it, or just go for the SR225i?post #4 of 67/20/11 at 3:18ampost #5 of 67/20/11 at 4:21am
I like the idea of that Allie MS1i and LD1+... sounds like a pretty fun combo. The MS1 is basically a SR125 with a miniplug. I was always a fan of them brining the SR225 down to 150 and just discontinuing the SR-125.post #6 of 67/21/11 at 2:07pm
Those two headphones have very different sound signatures. I would suggest you try them both out in a store, if possible.
I own the AH-D1100 and love them.
A decision between those two will be a question of preference.
- Denon AD-D1100 vs Grado SR125I
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Emotiva Mini-x a-100 Stereo Flex Amplifier 56 seconds ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 1 minute ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP (Release Imminent) - Product Information and... 2 minutes ago
- › Logitech G930 VS ATH-M50X + Fiio E10k 5 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 6 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 6 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 7 minutes ago
- › Shanling M2 DAP 9 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 9 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 11 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2