Opinions? Also I am open to other suggestions, if there are any. I'm looking for something around that price, probably a bit cheaper. (200ish) Genres: Punk Rock, Rock, Blues, Folk, Indie, Dubstep.
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by System, 7/19/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/19/11
- productFischer Audio FA-003tagged by System, 7/19/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 7/19/11
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 7/19/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 7/19/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/19/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/19/11
Related Forum Threads
- starting my headphone journey and need some advice on which headphones to get Last post on 9/25/11 at 1:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Searching for a narrow soundstage Last post on 9/18/11 at 3:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- I'm new. Researched A LOT and still unsure. Looking for input on a short list of headphones. Last post on 12/23/11 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones Last post on 10/3/11 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
It might be one of your favorite cans if you pay an intense listen to them for a few hours. Really its a steal while you might get it for 60ish or 80ish. I got mine for 75 ish. I still wonder why...
The MEE Audio RX18P was sent to me from MEE Audio with the intention to compare it to some of the most popular Chinese budget offerings and let Mike know the result of my findings. The ida was not...
In the audio world, nobody can say we don’t have a tonne of choice available to us. Some audition gear with slight differences to find the piece that truly stands out to them. This...
A good sounding inexpensive product. As of my late work has pushed me to have to work at many hours at once on writing Visual Novels, I began asking myself if there is a buds solution that...
I just sell my Yamaha EPH-100, so before I forget how they sound I will write a little review here. My attempt for this micro driver earphones was BIG, especially because of the praise I found...
Denon AD-D1100 vs Grado SR125I
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 67/17/11 at 1:12pm
I would not hesitate to vote for the Grados. Your ears are in the right place with Grado, though you are not in good hands with Allstate, I just read. I but there are many who would say the Grado 60 would be good enough given the price area you are in, though best way to make better would be to simply give up eating, sell some blood, and buy the sweetest in the lower end of the Grado line and buy the 225i which I have along with the other Prestige series Grado cans and which beat all others including the 325i. Lower end Denon too much bass like their adult versions and not real happy in the middle to point I gave my Denon 2000 to son after paying much money for it (he lost or destroyed them...just another price one pays for reproducing).
P. S. You are clearly a literate man. Thanks for not writing in lower text message format. You can be CEO of my next company any day.post #3 of 67/17/11 at 1:30pmThread Starter
Sounds like a plan lol. Also thanks for the advice, I might see if I can find these online for cheaper than at my local store (284....) Hopefully I can. What do you think about the FA-003 btw? Worth it, or just go for the SR225i?post #4 of 67/20/11 at 3:18ampost #5 of 67/20/11 at 4:21am
I like the idea of that Allie MS1i and LD1+... sounds like a pretty fun combo. The MS1 is basically a SR125 with a miniplug. I was always a fan of them brining the SR225 down to 150 and just discontinuing the SR-125.post #6 of 67/21/11 at 2:07pm
Those two headphones have very different sound signatures. I would suggest you try them both out in a store, if possible.
I own the AH-D1100 and love them.
A decision between those two will be a question of preference.
- Denon AD-D1100 vs Grado SR125I
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Albuquerque April 2016 meet impressions 30 seconds ago
- › Gustard X20 DAC 1 minute ago
- › Trade my tralucent 1+2 for your Shure se846 1 minute ago
- › 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5,... 3 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 30 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 5 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 7 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 7 minutes ago
- › Xuelin Ihifi 800, a brief introduction 8 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 by Mosauwer
- › MEE Audio RX18 Comfort-Fit In-Ear Headphones with Enhanced Bass... by peter123
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Aornic
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Dobrescu George
- › Yamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphones by Nymphonomaniac
- › PMV A-01 HYBIRD IEM by peter123
- › Cayin N5 DSD Lossless Music Player by H20Fidelity
- › Campfire Audio Orion by piksnz
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by Asr
- › 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by leesure
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse