Opinions? Also I am open to other suggestions, if there are any. I'm looking for something around that price, probably a bit cheaper. (200ish) Genres: Punk Rock, Rock, Blues, Folk, Indie, Dubstep.
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by System, 7/19/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/19/11
- productFischer Audio FA-003tagged by System, 7/19/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 7/19/11
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 7/19/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 7/19/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/19/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/19/11
Related Forum Threads
- starting my headphone journey and need some advice on which headphones to get Last post on 9/25/11 at 1:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Searching for a narrow soundstage Last post on 9/18/11 at 3:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I'm new. Researched A LOT and still unsure. Looking for input on a short list of headphones. Last post on 12/23/11 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones Last post on 10/3/11 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Gate to Audiophilism? Last post on 9/24/11 at 7:53am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Today I got this MP3 player but I am debating to keep it or not because the button layout is horrible. Also, the user interface is choppy with FLAC files. There is a noticable lag when choosing...
I’ve had my Dragon Inspire IHA-1 now for a sufficient time period to post my thoughts. I will use a subjective 5 point scoring system. Setup: Power Conditioning: Blue Circle...
Here we go again. It seems like every other review I've done lately has been on some product from this up-and-coming company that is making a name for itself. Luckily for us, this IEM from...
I tested it with Dr.Chesky's Binaural album and Depeche Mode flacs. What I like most is of course bass response..it is more than enough, maybe a bit exaggerated, aggressive. Overall, I am...
I used this sound card for 5 years. It replaced that time my previous card M-Audio Audiophile 2496. As far as I know at present (2014/2015) it is not possible to buy this card as new in Europe....
Denon AD-D1100 vs Grado SR125I
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 67/17/11 at 1:12pm
I would not hesitate to vote for the Grados. Your ears are in the right place with Grado, though you are not in good hands with Allstate, I just read. I but there are many who would say the Grado 60 would be good enough given the price area you are in, though best way to make better would be to simply give up eating, sell some blood, and buy the sweetest in the lower end of the Grado line and buy the 225i which I have along with the other Prestige series Grado cans and which beat all others including the 325i. Lower end Denon too much bass like their adult versions and not real happy in the middle to point I gave my Denon 2000 to son after paying much money for it (he lost or destroyed them...just another price one pays for reproducing).
P. S. You are clearly a literate man. Thanks for not writing in lower text message format. You can be CEO of my next company any day.post #3 of 67/17/11 at 1:30pmThread Starter
Sounds like a plan lol. Also thanks for the advice, I might see if I can find these online for cheaper than at my local store (284....) Hopefully I can. What do you think about the FA-003 btw? Worth it, or just go for the SR225i?post #4 of 67/20/11 at 3:18ampost #5 of 67/20/11 at 4:21am
I like the idea of that Allie MS1i and LD1+... sounds like a pretty fun combo. The MS1 is basically a SR125 with a miniplug. I was always a fan of them brining the SR225 down to 150 and just discontinuing the SR-125.post #6 of 67/21/11 at 2:07pm
Those two headphones have very different sound signatures. I would suggest you try them both out in a store, if possible.
I own the AH-D1100 and love them.
A decision between those two will be a question of preference.
- Denon AD-D1100 vs Grado SR125I
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Please Help Recommend Universal IEMs for J-Pop/J-Rock around $500 28 seconds ago
- › Want to move to bookshelf speakers but what do i do with my soundcard? 49 seconds ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 1 minute ago
- › Havi B6 ! 2 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 2 minutes ago
- › Denon AH D2000 vs Fidelio X2 3 minutes ago
- › Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden... 4 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 5 minutes ago
- › EQ cure all? 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)