I just got the SE535's about a week and a half ago. I have a mid-2011 Macbook Pro also. I immediately noticed the hissing noise also. I immediately headed to my local hi-fi store to try to figure out what it was that was causing the issue. The bozo at the store could not give me a straight answer but instead tried to sell me an Audioquest Dragonfly instead because he thought it "might" fix it. I had already done plenty of research and was going to buy the Dragonfly before he even brought it up. I knew that wouldn't fix it. I purchased the Dragonfly from my local Best Buy the same day because he wanted to charge me $250 for the version 1.0 when I already knew I could get the 1.2 from Best Buy for $99. But that is beside the point. If you just plug the inline volume control into the MB Pro first and then the SE535 into volume control. Put the IEMs in and then adjust the inline control down just enough to where the hiss is no longer audible. Voila! Not only will the terrible hiss be gone, but this will also allow your MB Pro to have a much larger system volume range to work with when changing the volume. BTW, the Dragonfly is definitely worth your time if you're planning on getting a DAC anytime soon for your computer.
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 7/27/11
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 7/27/11
- productIbasso D12tagged by System, 7/27/11
- productiBasso D6tagged by System, 7/27/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/27/11
- productJVC/Victor FX700tagged by System, 7/27/11
- productPractical Devices XM6tagged by System, 7/27/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/27/11
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 7/27/11
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by System, 3/7/13More
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by System, 7/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Which IEM to Buy?????? - Help! HA-FX700, SM3, UM3x, RE0, ER-4p, CK10, DBA-02 Last post on 8/26/11 at 4:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535 vs Sennheiser IE8: What to buy? Last post on 9/8/12 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction: I received the Cayin N6 as a tour unit that was generously provided by CTC Audio. CTC Audio focuses on making brands that aren’t as accessible in North America, mostly from Asia,...
The Shure SE215 is the first IEM I owned and was the one that brought me in head-fi. I got mine for around $95 at the time after reading some reviews online here and there. Since then, I've learned...
The overall sound is similar to the Audeze LCD-2F - slightly on the warm side of neutral, but without the ultimate resolution the LCD-2F has. And easier to drive so you can plug them into your...
I have covered Tube Amp’s portable amps in the past (here and here). While the company is called ‘Tube Amp’, they don’t limit themselves to only tube amp, but also discrete amp. The LF-15 however...
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
Shure SE 535, very noticeable HISS - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 362/20/15 at 10:50am
I'm new to IEM's but I do hear HISS with clip+! I bought se535 about a week ago and when I plugged it into my HTC one there was noticeable hiss. I read a lot of reviews and decided to give a try on the clip+(since fiio x5 is not on sale for now). I just got the clip+ and the HISS is still there!! Well, yeah, it's not as loud as other device but it is still there. Desperated.... I tried my frd's iphone and that's NO HISS.
Anyway I still appreciate for your review but I strongly courage ppl to listen to the device b4 buying it.post #33 of 363/2/15 at 10:48ampost #34 of 363/4/15 at 2:24pmpost #35 of 363/5/15 at 6:23pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE 535, very noticeable HISS
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 37 seconds ago
- › Looking for broken UM3X RC (with working right side) 40 seconds ago
- › Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › WTB broken UM3X RC (with working right side) 1 minute ago
- › Best drug-related album/CD or most "trippy" CD/album... 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless 5 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3