Thanks, I will look around and see if I can get a listen at a HD600!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAkg K272Hd K 272 Hd High Definition Headphonestagged by System, 7/27/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by System, 7/27/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/8/11
- productHiFiMAN RE272tagged by System, 9/22/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/27/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/8/11
- productPractical Devices XM5 Portable Headamptagged by System, 8/2/11
Related Forum Threads
- Need help choosing out of these 8 IEMs (First time here :P ) Last post on 7/25/12 at 6:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for deployment to Afghanistan? Last post on 7/25/12 at 12:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Question about IEMs vs headphones Last post on 7/19/12 at 2:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Why dynamic drivers have better bass than BA drivers? Last post on 6/5/14 at 2:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 19 bucks for AGK K272 Last post on 10/4/11 at 8:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Build/Accessories: The Earsonics SM3 is a triple balanced armature IEM, with one driver for the lows, one for the mids, and one for the treble region. the shell is clear acryllic on the...
Introduction – The X5 is perhaps the quintessential Fiio player, it was one of their first devices and also one of their most universally acclaimed. Fiio have come far since the unveiling of the...
Introduction FiiO X5-2 is the second generation of X5 DAPs (digital audio players) from FiiO. I owned a FiiO X5 for quite a while before buying X5-2 and I was...
Brainwavz is a company that should be well known by now to anyone who's familiar with Head-Fi. Known for their excellent build quality and reasonable prices, Brainwavz should always be on your...
Introduction I have been an enthusiastic headphone user for many MANY years now. My first set of serious headphones were the open-backed Sennheiser HD400 headphones. From what I remember about...
HiFiMAN RE-272 Review - Page 26post #376 of 4885/5/14 at 2:04am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #377 of 4885/7/14 at 3:31ampost #378 of 4885/7/14 at 10:25amThere must only be about 6 people globally who have RE-272s that still work. I had a pair once - sounded great until they broke about two months later.
I have had RE252,262,272 and RE400 and they all fell apart quicker than an Italian government. Maybe people in China wear velvet gloves and space helmets to protect their IEMs, I dunno, but Hifiman can't be ignorant of their own rubbish production standards surely?post #379 of 4885/7/14 at 10:45ampost #380 of 4885/7/14 at 11:09ampost #381 of 4885/7/14 at 11:14ampost #382 of 4885/7/14 at 12:08pm
i also have 2 pairs , one broke after 2.5 years of use and i just got warranty pair , so hopefully i will make it through 2015
so far , 3 people still in possession of 272 - i wish Hifiman would bring it back in production...
btw, agharta ---> great nickname , the 'electric' era of Miles Davis is in my favourite musics ever
Edited by proedros - 5/7/14 at 12:09pmpost #383 of 4885/7/14 at 12:44pmpost #384 of 4885/10/14 at 6:00amThread StarterQuote:
hmm ive get my HD600's on just now. while i can see they share the openness, that distance, and the 600 is fairly treble happy they lack that in your faceness. the 272 can feel like they hurlnig detail at you and the hd600 are much more laid back back about it.
of course the HD600's are truly excellent so do give them a go if you can.post #385 of 4885/10/14 at 7:17ampost #386 of 4885/11/14 at 10:31amThread Starterpost #387 of 4885/11/14 at 11:06ampost #388 of 4885/11/14 at 11:50ampost #389 of 4885/11/14 at 12:46pm
Haha my wallet is fine and catering to my lovely hobby.
@hifimat, I had trouble finding tips that suited my ears. From the collection Hifiman offers you with the RE272's only the medium sized ones fit me kinda ok. Then I got a pair of Vsonic GR99's to try for my lady and I tried all of those tips and found out that the medium sized one from that set fit me much better. Later I filled the silicone with a ring of foam to get more outward pressure on them and that worked quite well but I missed some isolation so I looked at some foamies. I bought some Shure Olive tips in medium size but I found out those were a bit too small for my ears so I bought the larger ones which fit me great.
Later though I found out that these tips took away some of the highs (10Khz and up) which made me use my EQ which I hate. So I tried the medium size olives again but this time wearing the 272's over my ear. This was last week and it sounds amazing, the sparkle is back and no problems with isolation! I think my tips go all the way down till the bend in my ear canal. Bass has more rumble/impact with foamies and the isolation plus comfort has increased a lot.
Please note that the Shure Olives have a much smaller nozzle diameter so I had to modify them. On my first pair I heated a screwdriver and streched the plastic tube a bit till it kinda fit the 272's nozzle. This worked but I needed quite some force to get them on the nozzles. Now I cut out the nozzle of some unused pair of silicone tips and ripped out the nozzle that was in the Shure tips. Then simply put the silicone nozzle on the 272's first and slide over the foam tips. I can post some pics if someone would like to see them.post #390 of 4885/11/14 at 1:35pmQuote:
the stock tips don't do the trick for me - i use the stock tips from my ortofon EQ5 and sometimes the sony fake hybrid tips
try some silicon tips with wide bore , or any other tips than the stock onesReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HiFiMAN RE-272 Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 4 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Presentation and Looking to replace Sony XBA-40's 2 minutes ago
- › Shanling M2 DAP 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 6 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia in Excellent Condition 8 minutes ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 8 minutes ago
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear