Thanks, I will look around and see if I can get a listen at a HD600!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAkg K272Hd K 272 Hd High Definition Headphonestagged by System, 7/27/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by System, 7/27/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/8/11
- productHiFiMAN RE272tagged by System, 9/22/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/27/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/8/11
- productPractical Devices XM5 Portable Headamptagged by System, 8/2/11
Related Forum Threads
- Need help choosing out of these 8 IEMs (First time here :P ) Last post on 7/25/12 at 6:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for deployment to Afghanistan? Last post on 7/25/12 at 12:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Question about IEMs vs headphones Last post on 7/19/12 at 2:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Why dynamic drivers have better bass than BA drivers? Last post on 6/5/14 at 2:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 19 bucks for AGK K272 Last post on 10/4/11 at 8:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
Bluedio Victory Bluetooth and Optical Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
HiFiMAN RE-272 Review - Page 26post #376 of 4885/5/14 at 2:04am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #377 of 4885/7/14 at 3:31ampost #378 of 4885/7/14 at 10:25amThere must only be about 6 people globally who have RE-272s that still work. I had a pair once - sounded great until they broke about two months later.
I have had RE252,262,272 and RE400 and they all fell apart quicker than an Italian government. Maybe people in China wear velvet gloves and space helmets to protect their IEMs, I dunno, but Hifiman can't be ignorant of their own rubbish production standards surely?post #379 of 4885/7/14 at 10:45ampost #380 of 4885/7/14 at 11:09ampost #381 of 4885/7/14 at 11:14ampost #382 of 4885/7/14 at 12:08pm
i also have 2 pairs , one broke after 2.5 years of use and i just got warranty pair , so hopefully i will make it through 2015
so far , 3 people still in possession of 272 - i wish Hifiman would bring it back in production...
btw, agharta ---> great nickname , the 'electric' era of Miles Davis is in my favourite musics ever
Edited by proedros - 5/7/14 at 12:09pmpost #383 of 4885/7/14 at 12:44pmpost #384 of 4885/10/14 at 6:00amThread StarterQuote:
hmm ive get my HD600's on just now. while i can see they share the openness, that distance, and the 600 is fairly treble happy they lack that in your faceness. the 272 can feel like they hurlnig detail at you and the hd600 are much more laid back back about it.
of course the HD600's are truly excellent so do give them a go if you can.post #385 of 4885/10/14 at 7:17ampost #386 of 4885/11/14 at 10:31amThread Starterpost #387 of 4885/11/14 at 11:06ampost #388 of 4885/11/14 at 11:50ampost #389 of 4885/11/14 at 12:46pm
Haha my wallet is fine and catering to my lovely hobby.
@hifimat, I had trouble finding tips that suited my ears. From the collection Hifiman offers you with the RE272's only the medium sized ones fit me kinda ok. Then I got a pair of Vsonic GR99's to try for my lady and I tried all of those tips and found out that the medium sized one from that set fit me much better. Later I filled the silicone with a ring of foam to get more outward pressure on them and that worked quite well but I missed some isolation so I looked at some foamies. I bought some Shure Olive tips in medium size but I found out those were a bit too small for my ears so I bought the larger ones which fit me great.
Later though I found out that these tips took away some of the highs (10Khz and up) which made me use my EQ which I hate. So I tried the medium size olives again but this time wearing the 272's over my ear. This was last week and it sounds amazing, the sparkle is back and no problems with isolation! I think my tips go all the way down till the bend in my ear canal. Bass has more rumble/impact with foamies and the isolation plus comfort has increased a lot.
Please note that the Shure Olives have a much smaller nozzle diameter so I had to modify them. On my first pair I heated a screwdriver and streched the plastic tube a bit till it kinda fit the 272's nozzle. This worked but I needed quite some force to get them on the nozzles. Now I cut out the nozzle of some unused pair of silicone tips and ripped out the nozzle that was in the Shure tips. Then simply put the silicone nozzle on the 272's first and slide over the foam tips. I can post some pics if someone would like to see them.post #390 of 4885/11/14 at 1:35pmQuote:
the stock tips don't do the trick for me - i use the stock tips from my ortofon EQ5 and sometimes the sony fake hybrid tips
try some silicon tips with wide bore , or any other tips than the stock onesReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HiFiMAN RE-272 Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › My haphazard journey into turning a Sennheiser HD 800 into a HD... 19 seconds ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 58 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 4 minutes ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 5 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 6 minutes ago
- › Sony xperia XZ range audio quality 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 6 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear