Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › M50 or something else
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

M50 or something else

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 

Can some one tell me exactly how bassy is the M50? As far as i can tell they are only slightly bassy, if that is the case what's the most bassy headphone in that price range (sub$200)? I prefer as much bass as possible without having to sacrifice details.

 

PS: I hate the way the sony XB series look

post #2 of 9

It's hard to quantify bass in words. You just have to reference different headphones and compare. M50 is too bass light in my opinion. Under $200 you have two options. The Denon D1100 and the Audio Technica Pro700 MK2. The Pro700 MK2 are a little more bassy in my opinion.

 

It's funny though, it's like Audio Technica reads the Head-Fi forums. There were a lot of us bickering about the M50 being overrated and not bassy enough... so what do they do? They make a pair that looks pretty much the exact same, but with a hell of a lot more bass.

 

It makes it tough when you say without sacrificing details though, because under $200, it's tough to find. The bassier you get, the details are slightly worse it seems. It just depends on what you find tolerable. The Pro700 MK2 is like the bass of the XB500, but with better sound quality overall. I find the slight sacrifice of details worth it for the loads of bass, but that's just me. You're looking for the bassiest pair, yet without sacrificing details. That's pretty hard to ask for.

post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot30 View Post

It's hard to quantify bass in words. You just have to reference different headphones and compare. M50 is too bass light in my opinion. Under $200 you have two options. The Denon D1100 and the Audio Technica Pro700 MK2. The Pro700 MK2 are a little more bassy in my opinion.

 

It's funny though, it's like Audio Technica reads the Head-Fi forums. There were a lot of us bickering about the M50 being overrated and not bassy enough... so what do they do? They make a pair that looks pretty much the exact same, but with a hell of a lot more bass.

 

It makes it tough when you say without sacrificing details though, because under $200, it's tough to find. The bassier you get, the details are slightly worse it seems. It just depends on what you find tolerable. The Pro700 MK2 is like the bass of the XB500, but with better sound quality overall. I find the slight sacrifice of details worth it for the loads of bass, but that's just me. You're looking for the bassiest pair, yet without sacrificing details. That's pretty hard to ask for.


agreed, either go for the pro 700 mk2 with m50 pads or get the denon 1100

 

post #4 of 9

Yup, another +1 for Pro700.

post #5 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot30 View Post

It's hard to quantify bass in words. You just have to reference different headphones and compare


How about subwoofers with the bass knob turned to max?basshead.gif 

 

Seems like the pro700 mkii would be a very good choice, are they durable enough now? apparently the joints in the original version tends to break within month.

post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parall3l View Post




How about subwoofers with the bass knob turned to max?basshead.gif

 

Seems like the pro700 mkii would be a very good choice, are they durable enough now? apparently the joints in the original version tends to break within month.


id there built like the m50's they should last a very long time, oh and if you decide to go with the pro 700 dont forget to get the m50 pads to replace the pads on the pro700 because i heard the pro700 pads are very uncomfortable.. :)

 

post #7 of 9
Thread Starter 

I came across one of these

 http://www.accessoryjack.com/-strse-1692/Audio-dsh-Technica-ATH-dsh-PRO700GD-PRO700-GD/Detail.bok  

Is the cable on this detachable?

post #8 of 9

The Klipsch Image One has way way way too much bass. I don't think I've heard another audio product come close.

 

If you want to blow your brains out, consider this one!

post #9 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrazino View Post

The Klipsch Image One has way way way too much bass. I don't think I've heard another audio product come close.

 

If you want to blow your brains out, consider this one!


 

The audio technicas just look sooooo much better IMO, especially the gold one. even the Beats look cheap compared to the gold pro700.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › M50 or something else