Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Audio-gd NFB-5, 9 switchable filters
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio-gd NFB-5, 9 switchable filters - Page 6

post #76 of 177

I emailed him the same thing a few hrs ago and no reply as of yet.  
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinster View Post



Hello King-wa

 

What is the waiting time for a NFB-5?

 

Thanks



 



 

post #77 of 177

The price list page says that they are in stock.

post #78 of 177

Would the NFB-5 be good for the LCD-2?

post #79 of 177

power wise it should be more than enough. and also you can color the sound with their discrete OPA or other OPA if you want it.

but since not many have it atm, the exact answer to your question need to wait until the owner of both showed up.

post #80 of 177

Thats good.  I ordered the NFB-5 with the DIR9001 with the Sun and Moon OPAs.  I just ordered the HD650 also but in the future I'd like to upgrade to an ortho.  That would have to be after our Reception as my wife said.  =)  So I was just curious if it be good for the LCD-2
 

Edit:  I canceled the hd650s and went for the HE-300.  Just waiting for both my toys to come in.... deadhorse.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndieScent View Post

power wise it should be more than enough. and also you can color the sound with their discrete OPA or other OPA if you want it.

but since not many have it atm, the exact answer to your question need to wait until the owner of both showed up.



 


Edited by Hawaiiancerveza - 8/23/11 at 8:18pm
post #81 of 177

Hello. Can someone explain to me the differences between the WM8805 and the DIR9001? I realized that the DIR9001 is limited to 96 KHz/24 Bit but what would be the impact on the sound?

 

Sorry for the Newbie question but I'm sure I'm not alone  biggrin.gif

 

Also if anybody else has bought the NFB-5 please share your experience. I just sold my Nuforce HDP/Sigma 11 and I'm planning to purchase the NFB-5 to replace it and hope to not be disappointed confused.gif. My main headphones are HD-650, Wooden MS2i, D5000 & soon SRH-940.

 

Edit: I would also like to add that I will also use the NFB-5 (DAC) with a MAD EAR+ HD Purist.

 

Many Thanks!


Edited by Twinster - 8/26/11 at 11:34am
post #82 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinster View Post

Hello. Can someone explain to me the differences between the WM8805 and the DIR9001? I realized that the DIR9001 is limited to 96 KHz/24 Bit but what would be the impact on the sound?

 

Sorry for the Newbie question but I'm sure I'm not alone  biggrin.gif

 

 

DIR9001 have less jitter and acccording to people that have tried it , is sound more neutral than WM8805 which is slight warm.

 

it also only used if you use the spdif in.
 

 

post #83 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiiancerveza View Post

Would the NFB-5 be good for the LCD-2?



I think Im ordering NFB-5 with LCD-2 and planning to use it as an amp too, by specs its looking good so far but its gonna take some time to get both of these to test.

post #84 of 177

Ya I need to save up to get the LCD's but in the mean time I'll get the NFB-5 and it does seem on paper to be good for the LCD's.  I just don't know how long I need to wait till I can get the LCD's.  
Are you planning on getting any of the OPA's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinBenton View Post





I think Im ordering NFB-5 with LCD-2 and planning to use it as an amp too, by specs its looking good so far but its gonna take some time to get both of these to test.



 


Edited by Hawaiiancerveza - 8/28/11 at 11:31pm
post #85 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndieScent 
DIR9001 have less jitter and acccording to people that have tried it , is sound more neutral than WM8805 which is slight warm.

Wm8005 and dir9001 both have 50ps jitter spec, but that's not the only variable in the perception of jitter so some people may say one has more jitter than the other. All we can say for a fact is they have the same 50ps jitter spec. And wm8005 seems to sound slightly warmer than dir9001.
post #86 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by haloxt View Post



Wm8005 and dir9001 both have 50ps jitter spec, but that's not the only variable in the perception of jitter so some people may say one has more jitter than the other. All we can say for a fact is they have the same 50ps jitter spec. And wm8005 seems to sound slightly warmer than dir9001.


ah ok, I stand corrected then. was only basing it from whats written on audio-gd site (DIR9001 the lowest jitter etc).

 

post #87 of 177

Thanks for the answers everyone.  Nobody dare commenting if the NFB-5 is superior to Nuforce HDP?  confused.gif

post #88 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinster View Post

Thanks for the answers everyone.  Nobody dare commenting if the NFB-5 is superior to Nuforce HDP?  confused.gif


I'll try to help: I have FUN and I've listened to a HDP for a week. Out of the box both are very different: the audio-gd device have more spacious and thin sound, the HDP has rolled off highs and sounds thicker. It did't change after one week almost continuous work. But the FUN after 150-200hrs became very balanced and neutral. It's far better in every aspect - headstage, detail, neutrality, tonal balance... As far as I know the FUN and NFB-5 have similar sound signature but the second is even better. And it's very important: you can manipulate the sound by op-amps and digital filters to fit your cans.
If I have to make a decision again I'd choose the chinese smily_headphones1.gif
Edited by brat - 8/28/11 at 12:04am
post #89 of 177

Here is my advice, never buy an audio product which is powered by power adapter. For me personally it's like middle finger from the creator of the product. A lot of people buy this Arcam rDAC, I heard and oh boy is it overpriced... When I heard the price I laughed, you are paying technically only for ths super USB. Some people buy/build PSU for Arcam, but how is it supposed to be cost-effective.

 

I don't know about HDP, never heard of it, but I wouldn't buy it personally. But what's funny is that I read a couple of comparisions between HDP and Audio-GD stuff and brat they said something quite opposite from you perspective. HDP was thin sounding and Audio-GD more full-bodied.

post #90 of 177

Would the NFB-5 be powerful enough to drive the he-500?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Audio-gd NFB-5, 9 switchable filters