- 12,628 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need some help making a decison... Last post on 9/18/12 at 1:39am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- USB DAC and seperate headphone amp OR combo USB DAC headphone amp Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:01pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Dac/Amp to go with Grado RS-2s Last post on 2/26/13 at 11:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- 700$ decision: Yulong D100 + JDS Labs C421 / OR / Centrance DACmini ? /or/ AGD NFB 5.2 Last post on 7/24/12 at 2:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Good headphones less than 250$ for electronic producer Last post on 7/8/12 at 11:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
- Headphone Impedance
Audio-gd NFB-5, 9 switchable filters - Page 12
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Can anyone help me with this question about the NFB-5? Can you select between the headphone amp, and the DAC RCA out from the outside of the unit? Or do you have to open the unit to switch between RCA and headphone?
Ok, found the answer. Switch is on the front panel.
Edited by carlchip78 - 3/13/12 at 5:02am
I'm a month late replying, but I just felt like posting how pleased I am by the NFB5. I know the NFB5.2 is out with upgraded USB, but I don't even use the USB, I use the Optical with the DIR9001 chip with the ACSS option, since I didn't find the stock or Moon op-amp to do anything different to the sound, except sound slightly worse than ACSS (I stress slightly).
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 5/20/12 at 4:51am
Has anyone used the NFB-5 as a preamp for stereo amplifiers?
Also, I am finding the amp slightly harsh and fatiguing, especially with anything more than mezzoforte. String on orchestral pieces come to mind...
Anyone sharing the same opinion?
How new is it? They tend to need a couple of hundred hours of being switched on for the electronics to settle. After that the harshness disappears.
But the NFB5 and DI have at least 200/250 hours of gentle background music since they were given to me as a present three months back. They still sound fatiguing esp with choruses and full orchestral crescendos. The low gain settings expands the soundstage and adds a lower noise floor, but the main vocals are split into coming from both left and right. :S
Anyhow, am selling them both as I'm relocating to a different country at the end of the month.
If anyone's interested in them give me a shout! They are no different then when I got them new 3 months ago...
Hi, I am thinking of buying new amp/DAC to replace my current Fiio E7 and NFB-5.2 is on the candidates list. Other amps I am considering are M-Stage (or Asgard, but I at the moment I am leaning towards M-Stage) + probably HRT MSII (or maybe even E7 with line out dock, until I get something better). I am listening mainly to old school metal (Slayer, Death), but also industrial (Nine Inch Nails, etc) and a bit of other genres. From the descriptions M-Stage can provide the SS I am looking for: punchy but controlled bass, slightly on the warm side, fast and aggressive. However I cannot find too much descriptions of sound provided by NFB-5.2 and NFB-5.2 seems to be cheaper alternative than M-Stage with additional DAC (at least in Europe). For now I want to use my current headphones - Ultrasone HFI-780 with it, but in future I will probably check out other ones just to compare different SS. I also don't plan on upgrading DAC/Amp for quite some time after buying it. My main concerns regarding NFB-5.2 are: Will it suit my music preferences? Won't it be too slow/muddy for thrash metal? I would appreciate any advice.
- Audio-gd NFB-5, 9 switchable filters
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 9 seconds ago
- › So Paul Walker passed away 13 seconds ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 40 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 53 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT880 amp/dac 1 minute ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 1 minute ago
- › Neil Young Live At The Cellar Door 1 minute ago
- › Utilizing a vintage cassette receiver from a desktop 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi