- 10,468 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need some help making a decison... Last post on 9/18/12 at 1:39am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- USB DAC and seperate headphone amp OR combo USB DAC headphone amp Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:01pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Dac/Amp to go with Grado RS-2s Last post on 2/26/13 at 11:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- 700$ decision: Yulong D100 + JDS Labs C421 / OR / Centrance DACmini ? /or/ AGD NFB 5.2 Last post on 7/24/12 at 2:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Good headphones less than 250$ for electronic producer Last post on 7/8/12 at 11:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Edited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
Reposting my original review from Amazon.com - these headphones are just too good to be left in the dustbin of history - for instance, I just bought a pair of Monoprice MEP-933, listed everywhere...
Somehow, the Ballad of Jed Clampett comes to mind, as I start to write this. You know, the Beverly Hillbillies. He was living his life, struck gold, and everything changed. That's kind of what...
Hi, Head-fiers. This is my first post as a newbie in the forum. I will give a short introduction of myself. I am 18 years old currently studying in high-school. I love headphones because...
Build Quality: For something hand built, the overall build quality is quite good. Of course, it isn’t nearly as perfect as something from a plastic molding machine but it is far ahead from the...
Disclaimer: My only other good cans to compare these to are Beyerdynamics DT770 (250). I fully realize this review will be biased because of that. So please keep that in mind. This review is my...
- Headphone Impedance
Audio-gd NFB-5, 9 switchable filters - Page 12
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Can anyone help me with this question about the NFB-5? Can you select between the headphone amp, and the DAC RCA out from the outside of the unit? Or do you have to open the unit to switch between RCA and headphone?
Ok, found the answer. Switch is on the front panel.
Edited by carlchip78 - 3/13/12 at 5:02am
I'm a month late replying, but I just felt like posting how pleased I am by the NFB5. I know the NFB5.2 is out with upgraded USB, but I don't even use the USB, I use the Optical with the DIR9001 chip with the ACSS option, since I didn't find the stock or Moon op-amp to do anything different to the sound, except sound slightly worse than ACSS (I stress slightly).
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 5/20/12 at 4:51am
Has anyone used the NFB-5 as a preamp for stereo amplifiers?
Also, I am finding the amp slightly harsh and fatiguing, especially with anything more than mezzoforte. String on orchestral pieces come to mind...
Anyone sharing the same opinion?
How new is it? They tend to need a couple of hundred hours of being switched on for the electronics to settle. After that the harshness disappears.
But the NFB5 and DI have at least 200/250 hours of gentle background music since they were given to me as a present three months back. They still sound fatiguing esp with choruses and full orchestral crescendos. The low gain settings expands the soundstage and adds a lower noise floor, but the main vocals are split into coming from both left and right. :S
Anyhow, am selling them both as I'm relocating to a different country at the end of the month.
If anyone's interested in them give me a shout! They are no different then when I got them new 3 months ago...
Hi, I am thinking of buying new amp/DAC to replace my current Fiio E7 and NFB-5.2 is on the candidates list. Other amps I am considering are M-Stage (or Asgard, but I at the moment I am leaning towards M-Stage) + probably HRT MSII (or maybe even E7 with line out dock, until I get something better). I am listening mainly to old school metal (Slayer, Death), but also industrial (Nine Inch Nails, etc) and a bit of other genres. From the descriptions M-Stage can provide the SS I am looking for: punchy but controlled bass, slightly on the warm side, fast and aggressive. However I cannot find too much descriptions of sound provided by NFB-5.2 and NFB-5.2 seems to be cheaper alternative than M-Stage with additional DAC (at least in Europe). For now I want to use my current headphones - Ultrasone HFI-780 with it, but in future I will probably check out other ones just to compare different SS. I also don't plan on upgrading DAC/Amp for quite some time after buying it. My main concerns regarding NFB-5.2 are: Will it suit my music preferences? Won't it be too slow/muddy for thrash metal? I would appreciate any advice.
- Audio-gd NFB-5, 9 switchable filters
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › how to open AKG K-420 for Ear Pad replacement ? 16 seconds ago
- › Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread 23 seconds ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 28 seconds ago
- › Who has an end game setup? 2 minutes ago
- › beats pro vs sennheiser momentum 2 minutes ago
- › The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - READ THE FIRST POST! 4 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi. The Community. The History. - Head-Fi TV 5 minutes ago
- › Best Headphones for Hip Hop? Under $200. 5 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS New IEM H-200 Released ------ Preselling Limited 100 Units (... 5 minutes ago
- › Headphones - WORN!!! - new thread - no nudity 6 minutes ago
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Sennheiser Momentum by iSennheiser
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by daleb
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe