Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Audio-gd NFB-5, 9 switchable filters
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio-gd NFB-5, 9 switchable filters - Page 8

post #106 of 177


How would I do that.  I'm kind of a noob here.  darthsmile.gif

 

I have soldered before but I need a good explanation to do it.  beyersmile.png

 

PM me with some of the info if you can help me please reiserFS.  I don't have the NFB-5 in hand at the moment.  How would it take it up to the next level?  What do you mean by next level?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reiserFS View Post

Do the cap mod on the HDAM if you want to take them to a whole new level, only requires basic soldering skills.
 



 

 



 


Edited by Hawaiiancerveza - 9/2/11 at 6:25pm
post #107 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiiancerveza View Post


How would I do that.  I'm kind of a noob here.  darthsmile.gif

 

I have soldered before but I need a good explanation to do it.  beyersmile.png

 

PM me with some of the info if you can help me please reiserFS.  I don't have the NFB-5 in hand at the moment.  How would it take it up to the next level?  What do you mean by next level?



 




http://www.head-fi.org/t/370969/the-zero-mod-thread-24-192-dac-h-amp#post_4843705

post #108 of 177
post #109 of 177

The link he posted explains the mod or is there something you don't understand?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiiancerveza View Post

confused.gif
 



 



 

 

post #110 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiiancerveza View Post

confused.gif
 



 


What confused.gif? Be specific, man. Nobody owes you anything. If you have specific questions ask them, or even better, follow that link and find out for yourself.

 

V.

 

post #111 of 177

Unless something has changed, all the HDAMs come with the cap mod. I'm not sure it will have any useful effect in Audio-gd gear though.

post #112 of 177

Removing the poly caps and placing a Mundorf cap inbetween makes a huge difference. Although they need a bit of burn in for about 20-30 hours.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post

Unless something has changed, all the HDAMs come with the cap mod. I'm not sure it will have any useful effect in Audio-gd gear though.



 

 

post #113 of 177

I don't know what any of it is saying.  
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by reiserFS View Post

The link he posted explains the mod or is there something you don't understand?
 



 

 



 

post #114 of 177

Did I say anyone owed me anything?!  I just said I don't know whats being said!  Look at my previous post!  Obviously I need a GOOD EXPLANATION CAN YOU READ?!
I followed the link and don't understand it.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmajor View Post




What confused.gif? Be specific, man. Nobody owes you anything. If you have specific questions ask them, or even better, follow that link and find out for yourself.

 

V.

 



 


Edited by Hawaiiancerveza - 9/4/11 at 12:26pm
post #115 of 177

hey I just checked my sun opa and it sure has the cap mod. So you dont have to do anythg extra.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiiancerveza View Post

Did I say anyone owed me anything?!  I just said I don't know whats being said!  Look at my previous post!  Obviously I need a GOOD EXPLANATION CAN YOU READ?!
I followed the link and don't understand it.  



 



 

post #116 of 177

Thanks a lot tamu.  I did order the sun opa as well.  At least this saves me the time of ruining it trying something very new to me.  Thanks for the heads up.  
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamu View Post

hey I just checked my sun opa and it sure has the cap mod. So you dont have to do anythg extra.
 



 



 

post #117 of 177

no worries dude. Also from the pictures on audio gd site, you can see the opa moon also has the coupling caps installed.

http://audio-gd.com/Pro/diy/OPA/OPAEN.htm

post #118 of 177

What does that mean?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamu View Post

no worries dude. Also from the pictures on audio gd site, you can see the opa moon also has the coupling caps installed.

http://audio-gd.com/Pro/diy/OPA/OPAEN.htm



 

post #119 of 177


it means its already a "complete" unit and you dont have to do anythg but enjoy listening through them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiiancerveza View Post

What does that mean?
 



 



 

post #120 of 177

Ok thanks.  I don't know anything about all the soldering nor all the terms for all this.  I guess I'll learn slowly on head-fi beyersmile.png
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamu View Post


it means its already a "complete" unit and you dont have to do anythg but enjoy listening through them.



 



 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Audio-gd NFB-5, 9 switchable filters