So with the meet coming already this weekend (time flies) I thought I'd just finalise some things and sum up a couple of house rules / raise some issues for the new guys.
Firstly, the attendance fee will be a flat $10. This wouldn't have been possible without Addicted to Audio, not only have they given us an awesome venue free of charge, they've also gone a step further and hired out some extra furniture to keep us all comfortable! Make sure you drop by their table to thank George and Cornelius on the day!
A few rules and suggestions (Please read, especially the bold text)
- Personal Hygiene! Please make sure to wash both your hair and ears. Cleaning inside and out.
- Please do not use hair gel, hair spray, mousse or other hair products on the day. I will also ask that you try to avoid using strong smelling deodorants, aftershaves and colognes as well.
- Feel free to audition others gear but be polite and ask for permission first! Don't take or remove anything without permission. When you're done, bring it back.
- Remember that it's a day of sharing, try not to hog one piece of equipment.
- It would be good to somehow label your own gear, there will surely be duplicates and making something easily identifiable is an excellent idea.
- You're using someone else's equipment. Baby everything, be careful, watch for cords and then be more careful!
- Don't place equipment on top of other items. If you can't find a place to put something down, ask its owner.
- If you're unsure how something works or even if you know, make sure you ask. Some gear will require headphones to be constantly plugged in, some equipment doesn't like being unplugged unless the volume knob is turned down/off.
- Hairnets will not be compulsory, however, dpz3 has generously purchased a box of them. Make sure to thank him if you pick one up. Please ask or make clear that you'd like people to wear them when listening to your gear. If you are asked to wear one, please put one on.
- There will be a couple of private listening rooms. You're welcome to set up a system in them but please make sure not to hold the rooms for much longer than 15-20 minutes at a time. They will be in high demand and a timer will be in each room.
- Most importantly, don't forget to have fun!
I'm hoping for people to start arriving around 10:30am, coming a little earlier or later is fine but the day will go quickly so it's best to arrive sooner rather than later. Please wait at the top of the steps before entering, I'll leave a bell if I'm not in sight. I'll quickly grab you're attendance fee and give you a name sticker and then you're free to mingle until lunch!
When lunch arrives around 1pm I'll ask everyone to stop auditioning and the feast will begin, please try to keep the food/drink separate of the electronics. Lunch will go on for about 30 minutes or until everyone's had their fill. On the menu for the day will be pizza, pasta and salad. Both the salad and pasta will be vegetarian whilst some of the pizzas will be specifically for us carnivores. There should be plenty for everyone so don't be shy. Drinks, cutlery, napkins, cups and plates will all be provided.
After lunch, please wash and dry your hands in the sink, paper towels will be provided. Once you've washed up, feel free to go back to listening until we finish at 5pm.
DO NOT to take drinks or cups outside of the kitchenette. There will be lots of wires and I'd hate to see a spill or a flying drink. Feel free to grab a drink at any point during the day, just remember to drink and leave it in the kitchen!
If I've left anything out or someone has any further suggestions, don't hesitate to mention it.
Once more I'd just like to thank you all, this wouldn't have been possible without everyone's attendance and help. See you all on Saturday!