Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HD 598 V.S. HD600
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HD 598 V.S. HD600

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 

Well thats about it, I'm thinking of selling off my K500's and HD 25 1-II's and getting the HD600's but it seems no one sells them any more, I have read that the 598's are a substantial improvement over the 5x5 series and was wondering if they are a forerunner for the HD600's now.


Edited by WhiteCrow - 7/12/11 at 8:51pm
post #2 of 13

Don't sell your HD25-1 ii, they are great headphones

 

HD600 are horrible when you can get the HD650 for $8 more

 

The HD598 are a good buy. I like mine sometimes. 

 

People still sell the HD600, did you google them?

 

Either way the HD650 are a little more and you get a lot more.

 

 

If your short on money, get the HD598. They are a little different then the HD598 but close none the less. 

 

If you want to get the HD600, go for the HD650, it's only a little more. But then I believe in variety

post #3 of 13

The hd600's are only on amazon and ebay now. Ebay is considerably cheaper and the authorized sennheiser dealer on Ebay "RAZORDOGDEALS" is very trustworthy.

post #4 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BotByte View Post

Don't sell your HD25-1 ii, they are great headphones

 

HD600 are horrible when you can get the HD650 for $8 more

 

The HD598 are a good buy. I like mine sometimes. 

 

People still sell the HD600, did you google them?

 

Either way the HD650 are a little more and you get a lot more.

 

 

If your short on money, get the HD598. They are a little different then the HD598 but close none the less. 

 

If you want to get the HD600, go for the HD650, it's only a little more. But then I believe in variety



the Hd25 1-II's are okay, they certainly get blown out of proportion on this forum.

 

The HD650 are 100-200 more than the HD600.

post #5 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCrow View Post





the Hd25 1-II's are okay, they certainly get blown out of proportion on this forum.

 

The HD650 are 100-200 more than the HD600.



HD600:

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD600-Dynamic-Professional-Headphones/dp/product-description/B00004SY4H

$387

 

HD650:

http://www.buy.com/prod/sennheiser-audiophile-hd-650-stereo-headphone-sennheiser-audiophile-hd/q/sellerid/29460652/loc/111/90132714.html

$409

post #6 of 13

On ebay the HD600's are $286 and the HD650's are $330...

post #7 of 13

protip: don't sell the akg k500's

 

oh, and get a better amp for them.  :)


Edited by dcpoor - 7/12/11 at 9:03pm
post #8 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcpoor View Post

protip: don't sell the akg k500's

 

oh, and get a better amp for them.  :)


oh Jesus.....My little Dot MKII+ Powers them just fine, JUST FINE!!!!, the Little Dot 1+ Powers them a little better, any other amp under the $400 mark I tried at 32 ohm just didn't do them justice. I don't like the AKG k500's, they are bass less, unexciting, and a bit flat over all. They sound good don't get me wrong they just aren't for me. Trust me I know what I'm talking about, as I have them and have used them for months. I have tried the HD600 and 650 for an hour or so and liked there over all signature much better.

 

 

ALSO, is buy.com legit? + I never buy off e-bay way to many fakes and damaged products floating around.

post #9 of 13

lol the ebay dealer I mentioned above is an authorized dealer for Sennheiser with 100% feedback, he's even listed on the sennheiser website wink_face.gif

post #10 of 13
Thread Starter 

oh really?

post #11 of 13

Here is the list from the Sennheiser web site that lists the authorized online dealers.

 

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/serviceandsupport_authorized-dealers_online-dealers 

post #12 of 13

Good advice-bought my 598's from razordogdeals on Ebay. Great authorized Sennheiser dealer!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by muad View Post

lol the ebay dealer I mentioned above is an authorized dealer for Sennheiser with 100% feedback, he's even listed on the sennheiser website wink_face.gif



 

post #13 of 13
Thread Starter 

MMMMM if I can score the HD600's below 300 I would hit that like the fist of an angry god, but I have to sell my K500's and HD25's first.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HD 598 V.S. HD600