Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 - Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 -Sennheiser HD595 - Grado SR80i - Shure SRH840
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio-Technica ATH-M50 - Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 -Sennheiser HD595 - Grado SR80i - Shure SRH840 - Page 2

Poll Results: Choose the Best out of the 5

Poll expired: Jul 9, 2012  
  • 39% (11)
    Audio-Technica ATH-M50
  • 25% (7)
    Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10
  • 3% (1)
    Sennheiser HD595
  • 21% (6)
    Grado SR80i
  • 10% (3)
    Shure SRH840
28 Total Votes  
post #16 of 30
Thread Starter 

 

im thinking about going Grado Prestige Series SR-60i route.  thoughts? i am not worried about isolation, and I will be traveling with them and i am looking for good value of price vs. sound quality.

post #17 of 30

HOW DID I KNOW THE M50 WAS GOING TO WIN. 

 

Haha I have nothing against them, hell I haven't even heard them, but I do like AT.

 

The main beef with Grado isn't always the isolation people seem to have a problem with. It's the 5' cable you'll have to inevitably deal with. I remember back in 2007 when I joined this website, I would carry a bag just to carry an amp, source, and all the cable and interconnects. It was ridiculous and now I prefer just IEM and source.

 

Get the TF.10. Really really good and they will appeal to everybody. They have a rich deep low end, but it's not sloppy like a lot of other offerings and the treble is very forward and clear. It's not a neutral IEM so it's more fun than a lot of others and it's definitely one of my favorites for under 200. Over 200, I'd take the UM2 to prom, each and every time!

 

I love Grado though but for a travelling/bus/train/plane scenario you want IEMs. I've tried using cans, and they let me down one way or the other. I'm antisocial by nature and it lets people know to not bother me either :)

 

(I have friends though guys, I swear)

post #18 of 30

Voting is pretty much meaningless. People will just vote for the headphones they own.

post #19 of 30
Thread Starter 

i am torned between grados and Monster Turbine IEMs. I would love the ultimate ears, but they are a little too much.  

 

post #20 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnevi9nr View Post

i am torned between grados and Monster Turbine IEMs. I would love the ultimate ears, but they are a little too much.  

 



No they arent! get on ebay the TF10's for 170 or something, they MSRP for 400$ and are better.

post #21 of 30

I disagree with that. Then again it really depends on the song. Some trance songs have more of the bass emphasis but nothing like dubstep. Hence the name dub. Then again I also listen to a lot of vocal trance, psytrance, prog trance, progressive(which can have a bit of bass emphasis but once again not as much as dubstep), dance, and more. I always enjoyed listening to trance on my ms1 even over my m50. When it comes to rock though I easily prefer my ms2i or ms1 over the m50 and the ms2i over my dt990(which has more and better bass than the m50). Then again as I said, I am not a basshead. I do however go to many events and there is so much bass its hard to breathe at times.
 

PS. Only thing I ever really use the m50 for anymore is going out on trips because of isolation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post

I personally don't see ANY redeeming qualities trance has besides giving you lots of visceral bass (and with headphones that's already near impossible to produce compared to full-sized speaker arrays)  Same goes for that dubstep mess.



 


Edited by reivaj - 7/10/11 at 4:20pm
post #22 of 30
Thread Starter 

i went with the grados.  thanks all.

post #23 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by reivaj View Post

I disagree with that. Then again it really depends on the song. Some trance songs have more of the bass emphasis but nothing like dubstep. Hence the name dub. Then again I also listen to a lot of vocal trance, psytrance, prog trance, progressive(which can have a bit of bass emphasis but once again not as much as dubstep), dance, and more. I always enjoyed listening to trance on my ms1 even over my m50. When it comes to rock though I easily prefer my ms2i or ms1 over the m50 and the ms2i over my dt990(which has more and better bass than the m50). Then again as I said, I am not a basshead. I do however go to many events and there is so much bass its hard to breathe at times.
 

PS. Only thing I ever really use the m50 for anymore is going out on trips because of isolation.



 


Um.... http://www.livingelectro.com/song/33769/Cosmic%20Gate/Exploration%20Of%20Space%20(Back%202%20The%20Future%20Remix)

 

http://www.livingelectro.com/song/34914/Cosmic%20Gate/Fire%20Wire%20(Cosmic%20Gate's%20Back%202%20The%20Future%20Remix)

 

download for best quality, BAAAAAAAAASSSSS

 

post #24 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by reivaj View Post

I disagree with that. Then again it really depends on the song. Some trance songs have more of the bass emphasis but nothing like dubstep. Hence the name dub. Then again I also listen to a lot of vocal trance, psytrance, prog trance, progressive(which can have a bit of bass emphasis but once again not as much as dubstep), dance, and more. I always enjoyed listening to trance on my ms1 even over my m50. When it comes to rock though I easily prefer my ms2i or ms1 over the m50 and the ms2i over my dt990(which has more and better bass than the m50). Then again as I said, I am not a basshead. I do however go to many events and there is so much bass its hard to breathe at times.
 

PS. Only thing I ever really use the m50 for anymore is going out on trips because of isolation.



 

HFI 580?
 

 

post #25 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnevi9nr View Post

i went with the grados.  thanks all.



Heh heh, if you tuck the cable away, you'll like 'em hopefully

post #26 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Himself View Post





Heh heh, if you tuck the cable away, you'll like 'em hopefully


What's the 580's bass competitors? i want lots and lots of powerfull and "fulling" bass.

 

post #27 of 30

I listen to songs like this. It has much more bass than those songs. Also those songs bring back memories. Listened to those songs back in like 2000. I really dont consider trance to be a bass monster genre at all.


 



 

post #28 of 30

Tech N9ne is dope.

post #29 of 30

Alessandro MS2i, if not MS1i :)

post #30 of 30
So is the mk2 better bass wise than xb700
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 - Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 -Sennheiser HD595 - Grado SR80i - Shure SRH840