- 437 Posts. Joined 11/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10???
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Do you own various sound signatures or stick to one? Last post on 9/23/12 at 2:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM under $20? Last post on 6/17/13 at 9:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for earphones $20 or lower... Last post on 8/17/12 at 7:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Affordable IEMs, canalphones, or earbuds Last post on 8/9/12 at 5:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Ever since picking these IEMs up, they have been my go-to pair for almost every genre of music. They provide a great balance of neutrality paired with extremely forward and lush mids which do not...
This is a very impressive can for less than 1000.00! If this was a 1300-1500.00 can, I wouldn't say it was overpriced. Especially given what some of the audeze and hd800 cost. Now I wouldn't say...
Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10??? - Page 37post #541 of 9703/27/13 at 10:21pmDoes the bass deepen with burn in? So far my pair is pretty weak in the bass department, weaker than the mono price 8320, though they are quite a bit quicker and higher resolution
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #542 of 9703/27/13 at 10:23pmpost #543 of 9703/27/13 at 10:32pmQuote:OK. I'm just a little confused, everyone review I've seen talks these up as bass monsters. If anything I feel they could use a touch more bass impact and I'm farfrom a basshead. They do have a nice detailed, textured sound(though slightly on the thin side) for the money. If I can bring the bass slam up a bit and widen the soundstage I'll throw the mono price right in the trash.
Anyone try venting the housing to open the sound up a bit?post #544 of 9703/28/13 at 1:43amThread Starterpost #545 of 9703/28/13 at 4:39ampost #546 of 9703/28/13 at 10:58amI think I'm getting a good seal, its airtight and isolation is pretty good. I'm tugging the back of my ear on insertion (it feels like I can almost get the whole IEM I'm there if I push hard enough).
I threw the box away so not sure on the model. I got my mother a set too and she kept her packaging so I'll ask her. Oddly she said hers are quite bassy.
Not sure if burn in or better fitment but they seem bassier today. Still no monsters, but quite nice, just about where I like it. Now if only I could get a bigger soundstage.... anyone taken these apart? Is then driver right at the seam? I'm thinking poking some venting in behind it might help with the lack of airinesspost #547 of 9703/28/13 at 1:30pmpost #548 of 9703/28/13 at 2:00pmpost #549 of 9703/28/13 at 2:27pmpost #550 of 9703/28/13 at 2:51pmpost #551 of 9703/28/13 at 3:06pmpost #552 of 9703/28/13 at 3:32pmpost #553 of 9703/28/13 at 3:58pmVenting the housing has a minimal but positive effect on the soundstage and a similar decrease in isolation. The odd part is the driver almost seems... happier? The frequency response sounds largely the same but there is a more lively authorative attack where neededpost #554 of 9703/28/13 at 10:58pmThread Starterpost #555 of 9703/29/13 at 7:03pm
Just did a bass sweep, these things are still pushing at 22hz! That's incredible! And there is driver action a lot lower so it may be my hearing that's cutting off first
Edited by thoughtcriminal - 3/29/13 at 7:08pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
Currently, there are 2904 Active Users (524 Members and 2380 Guests)
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 54 seconds ago
- › Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!) 1 minute ago
- › SilverFi IEM Cables - A New Top Class Sounding IEM and Headphone... 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-1 (2015) 3 minutes ago
- › Westone 3 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › SilverFi IEM Cables Worldwide Audition Tour - Limited Number of... 7 minutes ago
- › CUSTOMART US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - Including Harmony 8 Pro 7 minutes ago
- › Lightning Cables - Official and Custom (welcomed). 7 minutes ago
- › German MAESTRO - Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3