- 493 Posts. Joined 11/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10???
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Do you own various sound signatures or stick to one? Last post on 9/23/12 at 2:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM under $20? Last post on 6/17/13 at 9:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for earphones $20 or lower... Last post on 8/17/12 at 7:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Affordable IEMs, canalphones, or earbuds Last post on 8/9/12 at 5:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Construction, Materials, and Comfort: For starters, the protein leather is extremely soft and supple, and makes the ear pads and headband luxurious to touch. Heat retention actually isn't as bad...
I originally bought these after my earphones that came with my phone broke. After receiving these I was extremely pleased with the bass: it was boomy, punchy and felt powerful. These were also very...
I am an amateur recording engineer that mainly uses a laptop pc on location with a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20. The bus power is no doubt as noisy as a baby with a full diaper that's up way past...
NOTE: This is my first review and I'm a budding audio enthusiast. This is no pro review, just a newb trying to put audio nuances to words. These are my first pair of Balanced Armatures and I am...
Background In about 1990, when Joseph Grado was designing his HMP-1 Holographic Scalera Scanner (perfectly-matched pair of microphones for recording), he needed some detailed, neutral...
Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10??? - Page 37post #541 of 9823/27/13 at 10:21pmDoes the bass deepen with burn in? So far my pair is pretty weak in the bass department, weaker than the mono price 8320, though they are quite a bit quicker and higher resolution
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #542 of 9823/27/13 at 10:23pmpost #543 of 9823/27/13 at 10:32pmQuote:OK. I'm just a little confused, everyone review I've seen talks these up as bass monsters. If anything I feel they could use a touch more bass impact and I'm farfrom a basshead. They do have a nice detailed, textured sound(though slightly on the thin side) for the money. If I can bring the bass slam up a bit and widen the soundstage I'll throw the mono price right in the trash.
Anyone try venting the housing to open the sound up a bit?post #544 of 9823/28/13 at 1:43amThread Starterpost #545 of 9823/28/13 at 4:39ampost #546 of 9823/28/13 at 10:58amI think I'm getting a good seal, its airtight and isolation is pretty good. I'm tugging the back of my ear on insertion (it feels like I can almost get the whole IEM I'm there if I push hard enough).
I threw the box away so not sure on the model. I got my mother a set too and she kept her packaging so I'll ask her. Oddly she said hers are quite bassy.
Not sure if burn in or better fitment but they seem bassier today. Still no monsters, but quite nice, just about where I like it. Now if only I could get a bigger soundstage.... anyone taken these apart? Is then driver right at the seam? I'm thinking poking some venting in behind it might help with the lack of airinesspost #547 of 9823/28/13 at 1:30pmpost #548 of 9823/28/13 at 2:00pmpost #549 of 9823/28/13 at 2:27pmpost #550 of 9823/28/13 at 2:51pmpost #551 of 9823/28/13 at 3:06pmpost #552 of 9823/28/13 at 3:32pmpost #553 of 9823/28/13 at 3:58pmVenting the housing has a minimal but positive effect on the soundstage and a similar decrease in isolation. The odd part is the driver almost seems... happier? The frequency response sounds largely the same but there is a more lively authorative attack where neededpost #554 of 9823/28/13 at 10:58pmThread Starterpost #555 of 9823/29/13 at 7:03pm
Just did a bass sweep, these things are still pushing at 22hz! That's incredible! And there is driver action a lot lower so it may be my hearing that's cutting off first
Edited by thoughtcriminal - 3/29/13 at 7:08pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
Currently, there are 3229 Active Users (601 Members and 2628 Guests)
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 54 seconds ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 4 minutes ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 5 minutes ago
- › WTB Calyx M 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 7 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by LFC_SL
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)