- 375 Posts. Joined 11/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10???
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Do you own various sound signatures or stick to one? Last post on 9/23/12 at 2:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM under $20? Last post on 6/17/13 at 9:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for earphones $20 or lower... Last post on 8/17/12 at 7:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Affordable IEMs, canalphones, or earbuds Last post on 8/9/12 at 5:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10??? - Page 37post #541 of 8153/27/13 at 10:21pmDoes the bass deepen with burn in? So far my pair is pretty weak in the bass department, weaker than the mono price 8320, though they are quite a bit quicker and higher resolution
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #542 of 8153/27/13 at 10:23pmpost #543 of 8153/27/13 at 10:32pmQuote:OK. I'm just a little confused, everyone review I've seen talks these up as bass monsters. If anything I feel they could use a touch more bass impact and I'm farfrom a basshead. They do have a nice detailed, textured sound(though slightly on the thin side) for the money. If I can bring the bass slam up a bit and widen the soundstage I'll throw the mono price right in the trash.
Anyone try venting the housing to open the sound up a bit?post #544 of 8153/28/13 at 1:43amThread Starterpost #545 of 8153/28/13 at 4:39ampost #546 of 8153/28/13 at 10:58amI think I'm getting a good seal, its airtight and isolation is pretty good. I'm tugging the back of my ear on insertion (it feels like I can almost get the whole IEM I'm there if I push hard enough).
I threw the box away so not sure on the model. I got my mother a set too and she kept her packaging so I'll ask her. Oddly she said hers are quite bassy.
Not sure if burn in or better fitment but they seem bassier today. Still no monsters, but quite nice, just about where I like it. Now if only I could get a bigger soundstage.... anyone taken these apart? Is then driver right at the seam? I'm thinking poking some venting in behind it might help with the lack of airinesspost #547 of 8153/28/13 at 1:30pmpost #548 of 8153/28/13 at 2:00pmpost #549 of 8153/28/13 at 2:27pmpost #550 of 8153/28/13 at 2:51pmpost #551 of 8153/28/13 at 3:06pmpost #552 of 8153/28/13 at 3:32pmpost #553 of 8153/28/13 at 3:58pmVenting the housing has a minimal but positive effect on the soundstage and a similar decrease in isolation. The odd part is the driver almost seems... happier? The frequency response sounds largely the same but there is a more lively authorative attack where neededpost #554 of 8153/28/13 at 10:58pmThread Starterpost #555 of 8153/29/13 at 7:03pm
Just did a bass sweep, these things are still pushing at 22hz! That's incredible! And there is driver action a lot lower so it may be my hearing that's cutting off first
Edited by thoughtcriminal - 3/29/13 at 7:08pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
Currently, there are 3060 Active Users (595 Members and 2465 Guests)
- › Need budget DAP that will play nice with Starving Student amp 3 seconds ago
- › So, I'm looking for that perfect amp... 14 seconds ago
- › Classical recommendations based on my limited tastes 42 seconds ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 46 seconds ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 52 seconds ago
- › The EU deals thread! 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Cant change my avatar 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude