- 493 Posts. Joined 11/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10???
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Do you own various sound signatures or stick to one? Last post on 9/23/12 at 2:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM under $20? Last post on 6/17/13 at 9:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for earphones $20 or lower... Last post on 8/17/12 at 7:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Affordable IEMs, canalphones, or earbuds Last post on 8/9/12 at 5:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero around April 16th. I received the unit...
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
These headphones need to be amped. If you choose to use them without doing so, they will sound weak and lifeless. The complaints I read about seem to me to be with people that haven't synergized...
For my taste are too analitical cans.I try to remove the high frequencies sibiling using several different tips...shure triple compy foam....nothing they remain too harsh for my tasty. I also...
Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10??? - Page 37post #541 of 10133/27/13 at 10:21pmDoes the bass deepen with burn in? So far my pair is pretty weak in the bass department, weaker than the mono price 8320, though they are quite a bit quicker and higher resolution
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #542 of 10133/27/13 at 10:23pmpost #543 of 10133/27/13 at 10:32pmQuote:OK. I'm just a little confused, everyone review I've seen talks these up as bass monsters. If anything I feel they could use a touch more bass impact and I'm farfrom a basshead. They do have a nice detailed, textured sound(though slightly on the thin side) for the money. If I can bring the bass slam up a bit and widen the soundstage I'll throw the mono price right in the trash.
Anyone try venting the housing to open the sound up a bit?post #544 of 10133/28/13 at 1:43amThread Starterpost #545 of 10133/28/13 at 4:39ampost #546 of 10133/28/13 at 10:58amI think I'm getting a good seal, its airtight and isolation is pretty good. I'm tugging the back of my ear on insertion (it feels like I can almost get the whole IEM I'm there if I push hard enough).
I threw the box away so not sure on the model. I got my mother a set too and she kept her packaging so I'll ask her. Oddly she said hers are quite bassy.
Not sure if burn in or better fitment but they seem bassier today. Still no monsters, but quite nice, just about where I like it. Now if only I could get a bigger soundstage.... anyone taken these apart? Is then driver right at the seam? I'm thinking poking some venting in behind it might help with the lack of airinesspost #547 of 10133/28/13 at 1:30pmpost #548 of 10133/28/13 at 2:00pmpost #549 of 10133/28/13 at 2:27pmpost #550 of 10133/28/13 at 2:51pmpost #551 of 10133/28/13 at 3:06pmpost #552 of 10133/28/13 at 3:32pmpost #553 of 10133/28/13 at 3:58pmVenting the housing has a minimal but positive effect on the soundstage and a similar decrease in isolation. The odd part is the driver almost seems... happier? The frequency response sounds largely the same but there is a more lively authorative attack where neededpost #554 of 10133/28/13 at 10:58pmThread Starterpost #555 of 10133/29/13 at 7:03pm
Just did a bass sweep, these things are still pushing at 22hz! That's incredible! And there is driver action a lot lower so it may be my hearing that's cutting off first
Edited by thoughtcriminal - 3/29/13 at 7:08pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
Currently, there are 2864 Active Users (540 Members and 2324 Guests)
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 35 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Review on HtC 10 and Sound quality 1 minute ago
- › JH Audio Rosie Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Is this any good for a DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › DQSM IEM Impressions / Easy Earphones Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB! 7 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 8 minutes ago
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...