- 493 Posts. Joined 11/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10???
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Do you own various sound signatures or stick to one? Last post on 9/23/12 at 2:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM under $20? Last post on 6/17/13 at 9:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for earphones $20 or lower... Last post on 8/17/12 at 7:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Affordable IEMs, canalphones, or earbuds Last post on 8/9/12 at 5:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
got one bad connection and replaced. But still you have to carry it carefully. Sound quality definitely improved.
Setting buttons easily to get clicked if you hand helding it. USB connection plug or jack is better than mico USB kind. For similar price, there are better, smaller one in the...
-- ~Photos by me~ The HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) is a wonderful, simple, clean DAC/Amp that is easy to use. I love things that just work. With the HiFimeDIY Sabre...
Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10??? - Page 37post #541 of 9843/27/13 at 10:21pmDoes the bass deepen with burn in? So far my pair is pretty weak in the bass department, weaker than the mono price 8320, though they are quite a bit quicker and higher resolution
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #542 of 9843/27/13 at 10:23pmpost #543 of 9843/27/13 at 10:32pmQuote:OK. I'm just a little confused, everyone review I've seen talks these up as bass monsters. If anything I feel they could use a touch more bass impact and I'm farfrom a basshead. They do have a nice detailed, textured sound(though slightly on the thin side) for the money. If I can bring the bass slam up a bit and widen the soundstage I'll throw the mono price right in the trash.
Anyone try venting the housing to open the sound up a bit?post #544 of 9843/28/13 at 1:43amThread Starterpost #545 of 9843/28/13 at 4:39ampost #546 of 9843/28/13 at 10:58amI think I'm getting a good seal, its airtight and isolation is pretty good. I'm tugging the back of my ear on insertion (it feels like I can almost get the whole IEM I'm there if I push hard enough).
I threw the box away so not sure on the model. I got my mother a set too and she kept her packaging so I'll ask her. Oddly she said hers are quite bassy.
Not sure if burn in or better fitment but they seem bassier today. Still no monsters, but quite nice, just about where I like it. Now if only I could get a bigger soundstage.... anyone taken these apart? Is then driver right at the seam? I'm thinking poking some venting in behind it might help with the lack of airinesspost #547 of 9843/28/13 at 1:30pmpost #548 of 9843/28/13 at 2:00pmpost #549 of 9843/28/13 at 2:27pmpost #550 of 9843/28/13 at 2:51pmpost #551 of 9843/28/13 at 3:06pmpost #552 of 9843/28/13 at 3:32pmpost #553 of 9843/28/13 at 3:58pmVenting the housing has a minimal but positive effect on the soundstage and a similar decrease in isolation. The odd part is the driver almost seems... happier? The frequency response sounds largely the same but there is a more lively authorative attack where neededpost #554 of 9843/28/13 at 10:58pmThread Starterpost #555 of 9843/29/13 at 7:03pm
Just did a bass sweep, these things are still pushing at 22hz! That's incredible! And there is driver action a lot lower so it may be my hearing that's cutting off first
Edited by thoughtcriminal - 3/29/13 at 7:08pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
Currently, there are 2818 Active Users (530 Members and 2288 Guests)
- › Westone ES60 unboxing and first impressions 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed. 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › Mini North Carolina Triangle Meetup Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite! 5 minutes ago
- › New IEM's for around $100-150 5 minutes ago
- › Symphones Magnum V1 Drivers 6 minutes ago
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2