- 126 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Do you own various sound signatures or stick to one? Last post on 9/23/12 at 2:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM under $20? Last post on 6/17/13 at 9:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for earphones $20 or lower... Last post on 8/17/12 at 7:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Affordable IEMs, canalphones, or earbuds Last post on 8/9/12 at 5:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10??? - Page 30post #436 of 92612/1/12 at 12:27pmI'm a/bing these with the Monoprice 8320s and these a tad bit more clarity, deeper bass, and more forward mids. The only thing the 8320s has over these is the sparkle. This is a steal at $7 in TJ Maxx.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #437 of 92612/3/12 at 9:29am
I just got a pair of these in. Wow. I usually listen to classical music while working with my Yuin Pk3's. I believe that I prefer these. I never thought I would say that. There is a sense of transparency with classical music that may overcome the Yuin's in some ways. I need to listen more. But, these guys are excellent with classical music. There is body, depth and clarity. The highs may be a bit? less refined than I like. But, they are not harsh in anyway. I mean we are talking about an 8 dollar IEM here. Good stuff and thanks for the suggestion. I still prefer my Sony MH1c by a fairly large margin. But, these are great.
Do these benefit from burn in at all?
EDIT: Wow... I just tamed the bass and treble down a bit and they are really starting to shine.
Edited by todd92371 - 12/3/12 at 12:25pmpost #438 of 92612/3/12 at 12:58pmpost #439 of 92612/4/12 at 3:39amThread Starterpost #440 of 92612/4/12 at 11:44ampost #441 of 92612/4/12 at 2:28pm
Hi I'm new here.
I'm probably considered a neophyte here -
however I have long favored listening on headphones - that is back to the days when they were those big clunky things that covered ones ears.
Eventually I purchased a pair of the now legendary Sony MDR-V6 - after reading Consumer Reports sometime around the mid '80s, just after they first came out. They may be a bit too bright for my current tastes, but still sound really good, with good but not intrusive extended bass - and those had been my benchmark since.
I flirted with various earbuds because I like the compact carrying size and by taking advantage of the ear cavity - those tiny speakers can manage to produce such good bass, mids and highs weren't much of a problem - but obviously there were plenty that were pretty brittle and harsh, especially at the low price end.
However I found the Philips HE591 which became the SHE5910 - and I really liked them - seemed for the low price pretty well balanced with good bass extension - I thought I may have preferred them over my Sony MDR-V6.
Then I found Head-Fi.org and am extremely grateful for ljokerl Multi-IEM Review.
So I tried those highly recommended bottom priced IEMs -
first the Brainwavz Beta - they were everything the review said they were and I could tell they were better than the Philips SHE5910 that I had been using (but not by much for my ears).
Just when I was getting used to the Brainwavz Beta - everyone started talking about the Monoprice 8320 - what at $7-8? WoW! I just had to try those - in fact bought two pairs just because it worked out cheaper that way (at just over $8 each shipped) - and yes, another incremental improvement - although they were even more sensitive to microphonics - but wearing over-ear helped mitigate that - they weren't bad - but less comfortable. But hey! great sound quality for $8?
Hardly catching my breath, when I saw people talking about these Philips SHE3580 - and found this thread.
So I had to try a pair, found some for $6 shipped....
Boy! am I impressed (no EQ) - the bass extension/sub-bass is unbelievable at almost any price, much less for a $6 pair of IEMs.
The Philips SHE3580 actually revealed that the test track I had been using to compare headphones did not have much sub-bass! "The Lazarus Heart" by Sting from "Nothing Like the Sun" CD.
I found fairly quickly a great live recording downloadable (free & legal) from Archive.org that had plenty of bass extension - Robert Walter's 20th Congress Live at The Boom Boom Room on 2007-10-11 - tracks are available in Flac as well as vbr2 mp3. If you don't want to wade through all the tracks try this short one: Almendra (4:53) - 30.9 MB (Flac) or 7.2 MB (vbr2 mp3) - the bass by Chris Stillwell along with Eric Kalb's bass drum are great, with easy extension into sub-bass.
I was so impressed I bought another 2 pairs just for back-up -
yeah, I know.... big spender!
Thank you to Joe Bloggs for this thread and also to Dsnuts discovery thread - for making me aware of these Philips SHE3580
Edited by UnknownVT - 12/4/12 at 4:01pmpost #442 of 92612/4/12 at 4:24pm
Please pardon me if this was asked before, does the Philips SHE3575 (with mic) and SHE3580 has the same audio output? And if you will compare the Sony MH-1C, which one is the best? (Overall build / sound quality)post #443 of 92612/4/12 at 7:28pmpost #444 of 92612/5/12 at 9:16amThread StarterQuote:
As far as I know all the SHE35xx have the same sound. The only exception is the SHH3580, the mic'd version of the 3580, which seems to have less bass.
I think the MH1C's sound is much superior (especially if you EQ down its bass), but the SHE35xx have two advantages:
1. Apparently no one knows how to deal with the MH1C's j-cord flat cable :facepalm: I personally don't have that big an issue with it but I can see how it can get on some people's nerves.
2. The SHE3580 is vented on the ear canal side, preventing a potentially uncomfortable vacuum seal and potentially offering a more open sound.post #445 of 92612/5/12 at 10:45pmHow is sound stage compared to the other generally recommended lower priced IEMs (Sony MH1c, JVC fx40, Monoprice 8320, etc.)? Any issue with fakes for these (probably not given the price)? http://www.ebay.ca/itm/PHILIPS-IN-SHE3580-2-3-4-IN-EAR-SPORT-BASS-HEADPHONE-MULTICOLOR?item=221096693722&cmd=ViewItem The one's I can find on Amazon.ca are considerably more expensive. Otherwise not sure where else to look for these in Canada.post #446 of 92612/7/12 at 3:34amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by limitedaccess
How is sound stage compared to the other generally recommended lower priced IEMs (Sony MH1c, JVC fx40, Monoprice 8320, etc.)? Any issue with fakes for these (probably not given the price)? http://www.ebay.ca/itm/PHILIPS-IN-SHE3580-2-3-4-IN-EAR-SPORT-BASS-HEADPHONE-MULTICOLOR?item=221096693722&cmd=ViewItem The one's I can find on Amazon.ca are considerably more expensive. Otherwise not sure where else to look for these in Canada.
1. Soundstage is just not something I'm comfortable commenting on. To me there's loudspeaker soundstage and then there's headphone soundstage. I can't tell much difference even between IEMs and circumaural open cans.
2. No reports of fakes.post #447 of 92612/7/12 at 5:31amjust bought one and i have tm says it's great for the price
i find the drum beats a little uncontrolled, uses higher volume and narrower than my ie7. but that's right out the box, at prices like this it's essentially guilt free
Edited by hydrocyanic - 12/7/12 at 5:34ampost #448 of 92612/7/12 at 8:31amQuote:
Good to hear some more impressions, I figured it was 12 bucks so why notpost #449 of 92612/7/12 at 8:56ampost #450 of 92612/9/12 at 10:20pm
i had philips 3570 for two weeks now. I found this simple mod to increase soundstage, here:put stock tips on different iem tips to make it longer like this>
after mod it increase soundstage wide, if i equalize the bass down the soundstage get better and maybe on par with my monoprice 8320, very nice!
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 46 seconds ago
- › How to Connect Chord Hugo To Mac 49 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA6SE Headphone Amplifier (3 months old, warranty is... 5 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with modded FW intl ver 2 (Latest... 5 minutes ago
- › SOLD: LNIB FiiO E18 Portable Dac + AMP with box, accessories, and... 7 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)