Do the MP 8320's have sibilance?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Do you own various sound signatures or stick to one? Last post on 9/23/12 at 2:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM under $20? Last post on 6/17/13 at 9:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for earphones $20 or lower... Last post on 8/17/12 at 7:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Affordable IEMs, canalphones, or earbuds Last post on 8/9/12 at 5:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Thanks to FiiO for the loaner unit. If there is a brand other than Apple that is more well-known at Head-Fi than FiiO I’d be very surprised. A number of their products have become pretty...
T-Peos were kind enough to organize a T-Peos Altone 350 (I'll refer to it as A350) unit for a private head-fi Australian review tour . Previously, we arranged tour units via T-Peos (e.g. with...
This review is a summary section of In-Depth Review I posted here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/765004/audio-technica-ath-r70x-in-depth-review-impressions Please visit the link above for more...
Topping NX1 Australian Tour - DJScopeFirstly I'd like to thank @DMax99 for sending this awesome little portable headphone amplifier on a tour of Australia, and @H20Fidelity for helping out organise...
Specification Price: £385 Medical grade Silicone Full shell (can request different) Dual driver balanced armature 1.4m non removable cable. Kevlar reinforced clear cable. Ear impressions and...
Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10??? - Page 22
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #317 of 9777/27/12 at 6:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by rickdohc
got the 4 (8320,3580,fx40,fx101)
3580 are almost silibant free.. FX40 needs a TON of burn in to tame de highs, my personal ratings are:
2. FX101 (very close, almost a tie)
3. Fx40 (still in burn in, but highs are to harsh for me at the moment)
4. 8320 (got a second pair and they sound the same as the first, not impressed with the sound, hard to fit in my ears, to big and my left ears hurts after a while. for 10 bucks more id rather by the 3580 or fx101 as they dont got any fit and use problems)
Fx101 is the bassier of the 4, 3580 not very behind.Quote:
That's the problem with JVC's cheaper IEM's everyone of them has harsh highs. Exactly what I also found on the FX1X when I fell for the hype. Makes them also sound cheap in SQ.
I stay right away from them.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 7/27/12 at 6:18pmpost #318 of 9777/28/12 at 12:17ampost #319 of 9777/28/12 at 6:30amThread StarterQuote:
Audio is a very subjective matter. I just went auditioning earphones with a head-fier who own $1000+ UE11Pro customs. We auditioned the Sony armature-based XBA line. We bpth agreed that the single-armature XBA-1 sounds better than anything up the line XD He then found my SHE3580 superior to all the XBAs based on his preference for a v signature. (as he put it, the XBA-1 is A-shaped; the XBA-2 and 3 are v-shaped but sounded "off"; the XBA-4 sounded plain broken (they didn't sound broken to me, just not good)). I on the other hand found the SHE3580 superior to the XBAs only after applying my preferred A-shaped parametric EQ curve to the v-shaped SHE3580 frequency response. I will say this: based on my experience with EQing the SHE3580, their drivers are of high fidelity and can take you well on your way to audiophile heaven if their default sound sig is to your liking. They aren't to me, but after I fixed that with EQ all was right with the world. As for the sound sig difference with the GR02 I have to read joker's review on them first since I don't own them. (I'd read it now but my phone won't let me leave this posting page without dropping my whole post on the floor...)post #320 of 9777/28/12 at 8:50ampost #321 of 9778/17/12 at 5:37ampost #322 of 9778/17/12 at 5:41amQuote:
i'm using the standard large silicone tipspost #323 of 9778/17/12 at 6:32amThread Starterpost #324 of 9778/17/12 at 6:41ampost #325 of 9778/20/12 at 10:44ampost #326 of 9778/20/12 at 11:08ampost #327 of 9778/20/12 at 6:35pmThread StarterQuote:
Link on first post updated with newest settings.post #328 of 9778/30/12 at 8:21pm
i've been reading this thread for a couple of days then one time i pass by a store then try to search this king of earbuds,
so i ended up getting one.
so the first word that comes to my mind when i used it is "woW"
they also makes me smile,
i just often listen music through beats pro and the stock earphone of ipod nano,
and my first iem was the skullcandy ink'd so this blow them of,,,
i got a SHE 3590 for 16$ here in the philippines
the funny thing is, the saleslady said that i am the first one to by this iem..lolpost #329 of 9778/30/12 at 11:30pmpost #330 of 9778/31/12 at 6:56amThread Starter
AFAICT 3580 and 3590 have the same response. Here's a by-ear comparison of the 3580 and 3680 response:
Red: SHE3580, black: SHE3680. I wouldn't read much into the difference at the two ends of the spectrum as the results there are not consistent with different fit from different sessions (for the subbass) and I can't even hear the highest notes; all I would say is that the 3680 has more midbass and doesn't have the 3kHz hump. The other two peaks at 5300Hz and 8000Hz are dependent on tips and fit (I used the small stock tips in both cases, I've sinced moved on to medium tips on the 3580). Remember also that these FR are relative to my own ideal, not an objective flat response.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 26 seconds ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 41 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics ASG 2.5 Black used for two days - unused eartips + all... 1 minute ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 3 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 3 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › [WTB] Fidue A83 or DUNU DN-2000 7 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 Portable Planar Magnetic Headphones Loaner Program 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Currawong
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by svyr
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by earfonia
- › Topping NX1 Earphone Headphone Portable Stereo MP3 Amplifier by DJScope
- › Minerva Mi-Performer Pro Silicone Custom IEM by CantScareMe
- › Sony MH1 Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphones by sbcontt
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by originalsnuffy
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by matinsoroudi
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Mellowship
- › Bauhn Noise Canceling Headphones by rensin
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2