Do the MP 8320's have sibilance?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Do you own various sound signatures or stick to one? Last post on 9/23/12 at 2:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM under $20? Last post on 6/17/13 at 9:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for earphones $20 or lower... Last post on 8/17/12 at 7:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Affordable IEMs, canalphones, or earbuds Last post on 8/9/12 at 5:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I still have yet to give anything 5 stars. The SR-202, for me, is a solid option for alternatives to the HD700, if you can find them without breaking the bank. I will start with the things I...
Fidue A65 Thanks to tony from hifiheadphones for letting me be part of the UK tour. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS Drivers: Custom 8mm dynamic driver with Titanium...
Background When was the last time you used a pair of earbuds? Perhaps you use your Apple Earpods at work to remain inconspicuous, or maybe you are one of the many who have purchased the VE...
About Me: I'm just your average guy making his way through college with a passing interest in audio fidelity. I'm NOT an audiophile, but I've got a little experience ranging from lower-end...
Preamble:Pai Audio (http://www.paiaudio.com/indexEn.asp) is a relatively new audio company and based in Shenzhen, China. Established in 2014, they have specialised in manufacturing in-ears....
Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10??? - Page 22
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #317 of 10137/27/12 at 6:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by rickdohc
got the 4 (8320,3580,fx40,fx101)
3580 are almost silibant free.. FX40 needs a TON of burn in to tame de highs, my personal ratings are:
2. FX101 (very close, almost a tie)
3. Fx40 (still in burn in, but highs are to harsh for me at the moment)
4. 8320 (got a second pair and they sound the same as the first, not impressed with the sound, hard to fit in my ears, to big and my left ears hurts after a while. for 10 bucks more id rather by the 3580 or fx101 as they dont got any fit and use problems)
Fx101 is the bassier of the 4, 3580 not very behind.Quote:
That's the problem with JVC's cheaper IEM's everyone of them has harsh highs. Exactly what I also found on the FX1X when I fell for the hype. Makes them also sound cheap in SQ.
I stay right away from them.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 7/27/12 at 6:18pmpost #318 of 10137/28/12 at 12:17ampost #319 of 10137/28/12 at 6:30amThread StarterQuote:
Audio is a very subjective matter. I just went auditioning earphones with a head-fier who own $1000+ UE11Pro customs. We auditioned the Sony armature-based XBA line. We bpth agreed that the single-armature XBA-1 sounds better than anything up the line XD He then found my SHE3580 superior to all the XBAs based on his preference for a v signature. (as he put it, the XBA-1 is A-shaped; the XBA-2 and 3 are v-shaped but sounded "off"; the XBA-4 sounded plain broken (they didn't sound broken to me, just not good)). I on the other hand found the SHE3580 superior to the XBAs only after applying my preferred A-shaped parametric EQ curve to the v-shaped SHE3580 frequency response. I will say this: based on my experience with EQing the SHE3580, their drivers are of high fidelity and can take you well on your way to audiophile heaven if their default sound sig is to your liking. They aren't to me, but after I fixed that with EQ all was right with the world. As for the sound sig difference with the GR02 I have to read joker's review on them first since I don't own them. (I'd read it now but my phone won't let me leave this posting page without dropping my whole post on the floor...)post #320 of 10137/28/12 at 8:50ampost #321 of 10138/17/12 at 5:37ampost #322 of 10138/17/12 at 5:41amQuote:
i'm using the standard large silicone tipspost #323 of 10138/17/12 at 6:32amThread Starterpost #324 of 10138/17/12 at 6:41ampost #325 of 10138/20/12 at 10:44ampost #326 of 10138/20/12 at 11:08ampost #327 of 10138/20/12 at 6:35pmThread StarterQuote:
Link on first post updated with newest settings.post #328 of 10138/30/12 at 8:21pm
i've been reading this thread for a couple of days then one time i pass by a store then try to search this king of earbuds,
so i ended up getting one.
so the first word that comes to my mind when i used it is "woW"
they also makes me smile,
i just often listen music through beats pro and the stock earphone of ipod nano,
and my first iem was the skullcandy ink'd so this blow them of,,,
i got a SHE 3590 for 16$ here in the philippines
the funny thing is, the saleslady said that i am the first one to by this iem..lolpost #329 of 10138/30/12 at 11:30pmpost #330 of 10138/31/12 at 6:56amThread Starter
AFAICT 3580 and 3590 have the same response. Here's a by-ear comparison of the 3580 and 3680 response:
Red: SHE3580, black: SHE3680. I wouldn't read much into the difference at the two ends of the spectrum as the results there are not consistent with different fit from different sessions (for the subbass) and I can't even hear the highest notes; all I would say is that the 3680 has more midbass and doesn't have the 3kHz hump. The other two peaks at 5300Hz and 8000Hz are dependent on tips and fit (I used the small stock tips in both cases, I've sinced moved on to medium tips on the 3580). Remember also that these FR are relative to my own ideal, not an objective flat response.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 6 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 54 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 55 seconds ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › OnePlus 3 Audio Quality? 4 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...