Do the MP 8320's have sibilance?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Do you own various sound signatures or stick to one? Last post on 9/23/12 at 2:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM under $20? Last post on 6/17/13 at 9:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for earphones $20 or lower... Last post on 8/17/12 at 7:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Affordable IEMs, canalphones, or earbuds Last post on 8/9/12 at 5:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction Simgot is a new name in Asian audio that is getting some attention with their new EN700 model. Supposedly, some that were involved in tuning the Ostry IEMs have tuned this one, so...
Have had these for a loooong time. Now that I've got older ears, I don't really hear the beautiful crystal-like treble anymore, but I'm sure it's still there. :)
Hifiman Supermini and Megamini – initial impressions / comparison I first heard the Hifiman Supermini in demo unit form at the Canjam London 2016, and while being impressed by the fact...
Firstly I would like to thank iFi Audio for the loan unit for review, I have been using it for about 3 weeks and as always I will try to write an honest review. Gear Used: Dell XPS 15 /...
I bought these back in 2000 for full retail, which was a lot of money for me at the time. I got to A/B these at a hi-fi shop using my reference CD. I listened to the HD600 and the HD590. I...
Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10??? - Page 22
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #317 of 10167/27/12 at 6:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by rickdohc
got the 4 (8320,3580,fx40,fx101)
3580 are almost silibant free.. FX40 needs a TON of burn in to tame de highs, my personal ratings are:
2. FX101 (very close, almost a tie)
3. Fx40 (still in burn in, but highs are to harsh for me at the moment)
4. 8320 (got a second pair and they sound the same as the first, not impressed with the sound, hard to fit in my ears, to big and my left ears hurts after a while. for 10 bucks more id rather by the 3580 or fx101 as they dont got any fit and use problems)
Fx101 is the bassier of the 4, 3580 not very behind.Quote:
That's the problem with JVC's cheaper IEM's everyone of them has harsh highs. Exactly what I also found on the FX1X when I fell for the hype. Makes them also sound cheap in SQ.
I stay right away from them.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 7/27/12 at 6:18pmpost #318 of 10167/28/12 at 12:17ampost #319 of 10167/28/12 at 6:30amThread StarterQuote:
Audio is a very subjective matter. I just went auditioning earphones with a head-fier who own $1000+ UE11Pro customs. We auditioned the Sony armature-based XBA line. We bpth agreed that the single-armature XBA-1 sounds better than anything up the line XD He then found my SHE3580 superior to all the XBAs based on his preference for a v signature. (as he put it, the XBA-1 is A-shaped; the XBA-2 and 3 are v-shaped but sounded "off"; the XBA-4 sounded plain broken (they didn't sound broken to me, just not good)). I on the other hand found the SHE3580 superior to the XBAs only after applying my preferred A-shaped parametric EQ curve to the v-shaped SHE3580 frequency response. I will say this: based on my experience with EQing the SHE3580, their drivers are of high fidelity and can take you well on your way to audiophile heaven if their default sound sig is to your liking. They aren't to me, but after I fixed that with EQ all was right with the world. As for the sound sig difference with the GR02 I have to read joker's review on them first since I don't own them. (I'd read it now but my phone won't let me leave this posting page without dropping my whole post on the floor...)post #320 of 10167/28/12 at 8:50ampost #321 of 10168/17/12 at 5:37ampost #322 of 10168/17/12 at 5:41amQuote:
i'm using the standard large silicone tipspost #323 of 10168/17/12 at 6:32amThread Starterpost #324 of 10168/17/12 at 6:41ampost #325 of 10168/20/12 at 10:44ampost #326 of 10168/20/12 at 11:08ampost #327 of 10168/20/12 at 6:35pmThread StarterQuote:
Link on first post updated with newest settings.post #328 of 10168/30/12 at 8:21pm
i've been reading this thread for a couple of days then one time i pass by a store then try to search this king of earbuds,
so i ended up getting one.
so the first word that comes to my mind when i used it is "woW"
they also makes me smile,
i just often listen music through beats pro and the stock earphone of ipod nano,
and my first iem was the skullcandy ink'd so this blow them of,,,
i got a SHE 3590 for 16$ here in the philippines
the funny thing is, the saleslady said that i am the first one to by this iem..lolpost #329 of 10168/30/12 at 11:30pmpost #330 of 10168/31/12 at 6:56amThread Starter
AFAICT 3580 and 3590 have the same response. Here's a by-ear comparison of the 3580 and 3680 response:
Red: SHE3580, black: SHE3680. I wouldn't read much into the difference at the two ends of the spectrum as the results there are not consistent with different fit from different sessions (for the subbass) and I can't even hear the highest notes; all I would say is that the 3680 has more midbass and doesn't have the 3kHz hump. The other two peaks at 5300Hz and 8000Hz are dependent on tips and fit (I used the small stock tips in both cases, I've sinced moved on to medium tips on the 3580). Remember also that these FR are relative to my own ideal, not an objective flat response.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 7 seconds ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 1 minute ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › If anyone of you on Head Fi has respect for music you will help me... 4 minutes ago
- › Grace Design x Massdrop m9XX DAC/Amp Review: First Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017) 4 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 5 minutes ago
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by Jackpot77
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Soundaware Esther by Fabaaroan
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by pkshiu
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...