Do the MP 8320's have sibilance?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Do you own various sound signatures or stick to one? Last post on 9/23/12 at 2:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM under $20? Last post on 10/15/12 at 5:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for earphones $20 or lower... Last post on 8/17/12 at 7:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Affordable IEMs, canalphones, or earbuds Last post on 8/9/12 at 5:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationEdited on 5/7/10
I read reviews on this and I said let me try this out, for $10 I couldn't lose. This surpassed all of expectations for a $10 IEM. I am going to purchase a set for my wife, she was also blown...
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10??? - Page 22
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #317 of 6037/27/12 at 6:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by rickdohc
got the 4 (8320,3580,fx40,fx101)
3580 are almost silibant free.. FX40 needs a TON of burn in to tame de highs, my personal ratings are:
2. FX101 (very close, almost a tie)
3. Fx40 (still in burn in, but highs are to harsh for me at the moment)
4. 8320 (got a second pair and they sound the same as the first, not impressed with the sound, hard to fit in my ears, to big and my left ears hurts after a while. for 10 bucks more id rather by the 3580 or fx101 as they dont got any fit and use problems)
Fx101 is the bassier of the 4, 3580 not very behind.Quote:
That's the problem with JVC's cheaper IEM's everyone of them has harsh highs. Exactly what I also found on the FX1X when I fell for the hype. Makes them also sound cheap in SQ.
I stay right away from them.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 7/27/12 at 6:18pmpost #318 of 6037/28/12 at 12:17ampost #319 of 6037/28/12 at 6:30amThread StarterQuote:
Audio is a very subjective matter. I just went auditioning earphones with a head-fier who own $1000+ UE11Pro customs. We auditioned the Sony armature-based XBA line. We bpth agreed that the single-armature XBA-1 sounds better than anything up the line XD He then found my SHE3580 superior to all the XBAs based on his preference for a v signature. (as he put it, the XBA-1 is A-shaped; the XBA-2 and 3 are v-shaped but sounded "off"; the XBA-4 sounded plain broken (they didn't sound broken to me, just not good)). I on the other hand found the SHE3580 superior to the XBAs only after applying my preferred A-shaped parametric EQ curve to the v-shaped SHE3580 frequency response. I will say this: based on my experience with EQing the SHE3580, their drivers are of high fidelity and can take you well on your way to audiophile heaven if their default sound sig is to your liking. They aren't to me, but after I fixed that with EQ all was right with the world. As for the sound sig difference with the GR02 I have to read joker's review on them first since I don't own them. (I'd read it now but my phone won't let me leave this posting page without dropping my whole post on the floor...)post #320 of 6037/28/12 at 8:50ampost #321 of 6038/17/12 at 5:37ampost #322 of 6038/17/12 at 5:41amQuote:
i'm using the standard large silicone tipspost #323 of 6038/17/12 at 6:32amThread Starterpost #324 of 6038/17/12 at 6:41ampost #325 of 6038/20/12 at 10:44ampost #326 of 6038/20/12 at 11:08ampost #327 of 6038/20/12 at 6:35pmThread StarterQuote:
Link on first post updated with newest settings.post #328 of 6038/30/12 at 8:21pm
i've been reading this thread for a couple of days then one time i pass by a store then try to search this king of earbuds,
so i ended up getting one.
so the first word that comes to my mind when i used it is "woW"
they also makes me smile,
i just often listen music through beats pro and the stock earphone of ipod nano,
and my first iem was the skullcandy ink'd so this blow them of,,,
i got a SHE 3590 for 16$ here in the philippines
the funny thing is, the saleslady said that i am the first one to by this iem..lolpost #329 of 6038/30/12 at 11:30pmpost #330 of 6038/31/12 at 6:56amThread Starter
AFAICT 3580 and 3590 have the same response. Here's a by-ear comparison of the 3580 and 3680 response:
Red: SHE3580, black: SHE3680. I wouldn't read much into the difference at the two ends of the spectrum as the results there are not consistent with different fit from different sessions (for the subbass) and I can't even hear the highest notes; all I would say is that the 3680 has more midbass and doesn't have the 3kHz hump. The other two peaks at 5300Hz and 8000Hz are dependent on tips and fit (I used the small stock tips in both cases, I've sinced moved on to medium tips on the 3580). Remember also that these FR are relative to my own ideal, not an objective flat response.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71's take on the new ATH-CLR100 Pg... 14 seconds ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 1 minute ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Daft Punk Random Access Memories - Finally 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Starving Student PCB's 4 minutes ago
- › They're here [Daft Punk] 4 minutes ago
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe