Do the MP 8320's have sibilance?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Do you own various sound signatures or stick to one? Last post on 9/23/12 at 2:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM under $20? Last post on 6/17/13 at 9:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for earphones $20 or lower... Last post on 8/17/12 at 7:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Affordable IEMs, canalphones, or earbuds Last post on 8/9/12 at 5:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Disclaimer: I received my R3s for free under the condition I would write a review for them. Purchase price reflects their going rate on a popular online retailer at the time of the review. The...
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10??? - Page 22
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #317 of 9547/27/12 at 6:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by rickdohc
got the 4 (8320,3580,fx40,fx101)
3580 are almost silibant free.. FX40 needs a TON of burn in to tame de highs, my personal ratings are:
2. FX101 (very close, almost a tie)
3. Fx40 (still in burn in, but highs are to harsh for me at the moment)
4. 8320 (got a second pair and they sound the same as the first, not impressed with the sound, hard to fit in my ears, to big and my left ears hurts after a while. for 10 bucks more id rather by the 3580 or fx101 as they dont got any fit and use problems)
Fx101 is the bassier of the 4, 3580 not very behind.Quote:
That's the problem with JVC's cheaper IEM's everyone of them has harsh highs. Exactly what I also found on the FX1X when I fell for the hype. Makes them also sound cheap in SQ.
I stay right away from them.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 7/27/12 at 6:18pmpost #318 of 9547/28/12 at 12:17ampost #319 of 9547/28/12 at 6:30amThread StarterQuote:
Audio is a very subjective matter. I just went auditioning earphones with a head-fier who own $1000+ UE11Pro customs. We auditioned the Sony armature-based XBA line. We bpth agreed that the single-armature XBA-1 sounds better than anything up the line XD He then found my SHE3580 superior to all the XBAs based on his preference for a v signature. (as he put it, the XBA-1 is A-shaped; the XBA-2 and 3 are v-shaped but sounded "off"; the XBA-4 sounded plain broken (they didn't sound broken to me, just not good)). I on the other hand found the SHE3580 superior to the XBAs only after applying my preferred A-shaped parametric EQ curve to the v-shaped SHE3580 frequency response. I will say this: based on my experience with EQing the SHE3580, their drivers are of high fidelity and can take you well on your way to audiophile heaven if their default sound sig is to your liking. They aren't to me, but after I fixed that with EQ all was right with the world. As for the sound sig difference with the GR02 I have to read joker's review on them first since I don't own them. (I'd read it now but my phone won't let me leave this posting page without dropping my whole post on the floor...)post #320 of 9547/28/12 at 8:50ampost #321 of 9548/17/12 at 5:37ampost #322 of 9548/17/12 at 5:41amQuote:
i'm using the standard large silicone tipspost #323 of 9548/17/12 at 6:32amThread Starterpost #324 of 9548/17/12 at 6:41ampost #325 of 9548/20/12 at 10:44ampost #326 of 9548/20/12 at 11:08ampost #327 of 9548/20/12 at 6:35pmThread StarterQuote:
Link on first post updated with newest settings.post #328 of 9548/30/12 at 8:21pm
i've been reading this thread for a couple of days then one time i pass by a store then try to search this king of earbuds,
so i ended up getting one.
so the first word that comes to my mind when i used it is "woW"
they also makes me smile,
i just often listen music through beats pro and the stock earphone of ipod nano,
and my first iem was the skullcandy ink'd so this blow them of,,,
i got a SHE 3590 for 16$ here in the philippines
the funny thing is, the saleslady said that i am the first one to by this iem..lolpost #329 of 9548/30/12 at 11:30pmpost #330 of 9548/31/12 at 6:56amThread Starter
AFAICT 3580 and 3590 have the same response. Here's a by-ear comparison of the 3580 and 3680 response:
Red: SHE3580, black: SHE3680. I wouldn't read much into the difference at the two ends of the spectrum as the results there are not consistent with different fit from different sessions (for the subbass) and I can't even hear the highest notes; all I would say is that the 3680 has more midbass and doesn't have the 3kHz hump. The other two peaks at 5300Hz and 8000Hz are dependent on tips and fit (I used the small stock tips in both cases, I've sinced moved on to medium tips on the 3580). Remember also that these FR are relative to my own ideal, not an objective flat response.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Denon D5000 with Martin Audio Coco Rosewood Extra Deep Cups +... 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman EF-5 headphone amplifier mods and rolls 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 7 minutes ago
- › HM-901 9 minutes ago
- › FS: Sennheiser HD650 Headphones 9 minutes ago
- › JDS labs O2 or C5 10 minutes ago
- › Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified... 10 minutes ago
- › PRESS RELEASE: Sennheiser at IFA 2014 - The Future of Audio 11 minutes ago
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)