- 245 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Location: Singapore
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Do you own various sound signatures or stick to one? Last post on 9/23/12 at 2:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM under $20? Last post on 6/17/13 at 9:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for earphones $20 or lower... Last post on 8/17/12 at 7:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Affordable IEMs, canalphones, or earbuds Last post on 8/9/12 at 5:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/23/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
My first in-ear headphone. Always thought they couldn't be any good compared to the over-ear headphones. I was wrong. The looks are a matter of taste, so I keep that in the middle for a...
Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10??? - Page 3post #31 of 7633/11/12 at 9:18amHow would this compare against the mono price mep-8320?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 7633/11/12 at 4:12pmThread Starter
I don't know how they compare quality wise but if you compare by peoples' notes on them the SHE3580 seems to be middle of the road in Dsnuts' picks in terms of sound signature. The CKM50 is more V-shaped (as shown in my graph) while the Monoprice seems to be more mid-forward. The SHE3580 is still V-shaped in the overall scheme of things, with a really good subbass. If you want something even more balanced try the SHH3580 or maybe the SHE3575.post #33 of 7633/12/12 at 11:32pmpost #34 of 7633/13/12 at 12:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by bluraymond
On philips uk website, the she 3570 range is featured but no mention of the she 3580 range but the spec sheets look identical.
My she 3582 (blue version) are absolutely awesome and if you are in the UK, Asda are selling them for £5, completely worthwhile punt for what I condsider to be a bargain of the century. Keep the good work up Joe
Damn I wish I would read that before I order them off Ebay. However Blue isn't really my type you know... But I'm still waiting for these to arrive, probably until 26th max.post #35 of 7633/14/12 at 1:38ampost #36 of 7633/14/12 at 2:07amThread StarterNo idea as I only own the 3580 but a few people have got the 3570 instead in Dsnut‘s Isurus and SHE3580 thread and impressions were all positive.post #37 of 7633/14/12 at 7:56ampost #38 of 7633/14/12 at 8:25amThread Starterpost #39 of 7633/14/12 at 8:42ampost #40 of 7633/15/12 at 7:19ampost #41 of 7633/15/12 at 8:20amThread Starterpost #42 of 7633/16/12 at 10:53pm
Thanks a bunch for the Linkwitz link. Helpful with some modding issues at the moment and YEAH I am going to go get some of these asap even if I have to drive all over town. Thanks!
I just noticed the 9700 look quite appealing too. Nice frequency response
Edited by nick n - 3/17/12 at 6:56pmpost #43 of 7633/16/12 at 11:22pm
I have a pair of these, bought them a while back and usually have two roles for them........ when it's raining and really humid in Hong Kong and I don't want to carry one of my little bricks, I use the 3580 with my phone, the Note and the sounds acceptable. The second use I have for these Philips is whenever I get a new portable amp, I use these buds to help burn in the amp overnight.
I use the JVC 51 sleeves and get a pretty good seal and once that is achieved the bass is pretty good, definitely enough weight!post #44 of 7633/22/12 at 10:03am
my ie 8's are with senny right now, so i chose to pick these up while im waiting on them. i put on some comply tips on them and i have to say that i am blown away how good these are on my iphone/ipad with no EQ. The bass is just so deep. I will probably buy these for all my non audiophile friends so they move up from their ipod earbuds.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 seconds ago
- › Torn between Beyerdynamic DT990 and T70p 34 seconds ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 3 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Cowon J3 vs Fiio X3 upgrade or sidegrade SQ only? 3 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S 4 3 minutes ago
- › Official Hong Kong Thread (Shops, Meets, Events and more-) 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi