- 297 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Location: Singapore
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Do you own various sound signatures or stick to one? Last post on 9/23/12 at 2:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM under $20? Last post on 6/17/13 at 9:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for earphones $20 or lower... Last post on 8/17/12 at 7:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Affordable IEMs, canalphones, or earbuds Last post on 8/9/12 at 5:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10??? - Page 3post #31 of 10133/11/12 at 9:18amHow would this compare against the mono price mep-8320?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 10133/11/12 at 4:12pmThread Starter
I don't know how they compare quality wise but if you compare by peoples' notes on them the SHE3580 seems to be middle of the road in Dsnuts' picks in terms of sound signature. The CKM50 is more V-shaped (as shown in my graph) while the Monoprice seems to be more mid-forward. The SHE3580 is still V-shaped in the overall scheme of things, with a really good subbass. If you want something even more balanced try the SHH3580 or maybe the SHE3575.post #33 of 10133/12/12 at 11:32pmpost #34 of 10133/13/12 at 12:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by bluraymond
On philips uk website, the she 3570 range is featured but no mention of the she 3580 range but the spec sheets look identical.
My she 3582 (blue version) are absolutely awesome and if you are in the UK, Asda are selling them for £5, completely worthwhile punt for what I condsider to be a bargain of the century. Keep the good work up Joe
Damn I wish I would read that before I order them off Ebay. However Blue isn't really my type you know... But I'm still waiting for these to arrive, probably until 26th max.post #35 of 10133/14/12 at 1:38ampost #36 of 10133/14/12 at 2:07amThread StarterNo idea as I only own the 3580 but a few people have got the 3570 instead in Dsnut‘s Isurus and SHE3580 thread and impressions were all positive.post #37 of 10133/14/12 at 7:56ampost #38 of 10133/14/12 at 8:25amThread Starterpost #39 of 10133/14/12 at 8:42ampost #40 of 10133/15/12 at 7:19ampost #41 of 10133/15/12 at 8:20amThread Starterpost #42 of 10133/16/12 at 10:53pm
Thanks a bunch for the Linkwitz link. Helpful with some modding issues at the moment and YEAH I am going to go get some of these asap even if I have to drive all over town. Thanks!
I just noticed the 9700 look quite appealing too. Nice frequency response
Edited by nick n - 3/17/12 at 6:56pmpost #43 of 10133/16/12 at 11:22pm
I have a pair of these, bought them a while back and usually have two roles for them........ when it's raining and really humid in Hong Kong and I don't want to carry one of my little bricks, I use the 3580 with my phone, the Note and the sounds acceptable. The second use I have for these Philips is whenever I get a new portable amp, I use these buds to help burn in the amp overnight.
I use the JVC 51 sleeves and get a pretty good seal and once that is achieved the bass is pretty good, definitely enough weight!post #44 of 10133/22/12 at 10:03am
my ie 8's are with senny right now, so i chose to pick these up while im waiting on them. i put on some comply tips on them and i have to say that i am blown away how good these are on my iphone/ipad with no EQ. The bass is just so deep. I will probably buy these for all my non audiophile friends so they move up from their ipod earbuds.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 1 minute ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › Fitear 334 Universal IEM (Matte black plate version) 2 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 3 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 8 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 9 minutes ago
- › My Review and unboxing of the JVC HA FX1200 10 minutes ago
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...