- 298 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Location: Singapore
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Do you own various sound signatures or stick to one? Last post on 9/23/12 at 2:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM under $20? Last post on 6/17/13 at 9:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for earphones $20 or lower... Last post on 8/17/12 at 7:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Affordable IEMs, canalphones, or earbuds Last post on 8/9/12 at 5:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
INTRODUCTION: Paw Gold is a high resolution music player from the brand Lotoo, that is part of the Beijing Infomedia Electronic Technology Co Ltd. It sports an industrial looking outer body...
Too much dirt and sibilance at 5.5-6.5KHz. Also they are not so murderous about bass as many people suggest. Characteristics (subjective, 10 max): Resolution:...
Preamble: Etymotic Research, founded in 1983 in the USA by Mead Killion (http://www.etymotic.com/about-us/interview-with-mead), a man that I highly respect, is widely...
It’s been a year since I started writing/filming reviews, and it all began with the ZMF Vibro Mk. I in cornflower blue. I found the sound very fun, found the bass ports interesting and thought they...
Accutone Pisces HD Review: Everything The Pisces Should Have Been This is another entry into my Accutone IEM marathon. For those of you who aren’t familiar with Accutone, they are a Chinese...
Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10??? - Page 3post #31 of 10253/11/12 at 9:18amHow would this compare against the mono price mep-8320?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 10253/11/12 at 4:12pmThread Starter
I don't know how they compare quality wise but if you compare by peoples' notes on them the SHE3580 seems to be middle of the road in Dsnuts' picks in terms of sound signature. The CKM50 is more V-shaped (as shown in my graph) while the Monoprice seems to be more mid-forward. The SHE3580 is still V-shaped in the overall scheme of things, with a really good subbass. If you want something even more balanced try the SHH3580 or maybe the SHE3575.post #33 of 10253/12/12 at 11:32pmpost #34 of 10253/13/12 at 12:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by bluraymond
On philips uk website, the she 3570 range is featured but no mention of the she 3580 range but the spec sheets look identical.
My she 3582 (blue version) are absolutely awesome and if you are in the UK, Asda are selling them for £5, completely worthwhile punt for what I condsider to be a bargain of the century. Keep the good work up Joe
Damn I wish I would read that before I order them off Ebay. However Blue isn't really my type you know... But I'm still waiting for these to arrive, probably until 26th max.post #35 of 10253/14/12 at 1:38ampost #36 of 10253/14/12 at 2:07amThread StarterNo idea as I only own the 3580 but a few people have got the 3570 instead in Dsnut‘s Isurus and SHE3580 thread and impressions were all positive.post #37 of 10253/14/12 at 7:56ampost #38 of 10253/14/12 at 8:25amThread Starterpost #39 of 10253/14/12 at 8:42ampost #40 of 10253/15/12 at 7:19ampost #41 of 10253/15/12 at 8:20amThread Starterpost #42 of 10253/16/12 at 10:53pm
Thanks a bunch for the Linkwitz link. Helpful with some modding issues at the moment and YEAH I am going to go get some of these asap even if I have to drive all over town. Thanks!
I just noticed the 9700 look quite appealing too. Nice frequency response
Edited by nick n - 3/17/12 at 6:56pmpost #43 of 10253/16/12 at 11:22pm
I have a pair of these, bought them a while back and usually have two roles for them........ when it's raining and really humid in Hong Kong and I don't want to carry one of my little bricks, I use the 3580 with my phone, the Note and the sounds acceptable. The second use I have for these Philips is whenever I get a new portable amp, I use these buds to help burn in the amp overnight.
I use the JVC 51 sleeves and get a pretty good seal and once that is achieved the bass is pretty good, definitely enough weight!post #44 of 10253/22/12 at 10:03am
my ie 8's are with senny right now, so i chose to pick these up while im waiting on them. i put on some comply tips on them and i have to say that i am blown away how good these are on my iphone/ipad with no EQ. The bass is just so deep. I will probably buy these for all my non audiophile friends so they move up from their ipod earbuds.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android |... 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › 2017 UK Head-Fi Meet (April 2nd @ Milton Keynes) 4 minutes ago
- › Cypherus Audio Products Discussion Thread: CampFred Earbuds, QFred... 4 minutes ago
- › balanced armature junkies 5 minutes ago
- › Wich tube amp between : valhalla 2, darkvoices 336, LD mkII, la... 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Blu Mk. 2 - The Official Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Singxer SU-1 Owners 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD 681 by IkuMiku96
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Accutone Pisces HD by Cinder
- › Beyerdynamic DT 480 by kman1211
- › Schiit Audio Yggdrasil by Currawong
- › oBravo ERIB-1C 2way planar magnetic hybrid by twister6
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by SkumBucket
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear