- 265 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Location: Singapore
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Do you own various sound signatures or stick to one? Last post on 9/23/12 at 2:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM under $20? Last post on 6/17/13 at 9:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for earphones $20 or lower... Last post on 8/17/12 at 7:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Affordable IEMs, canalphones, or earbuds Last post on 8/9/12 at 5:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10??? - Page 3post #31 of 8273/11/12 at 9:18amHow would this compare against the mono price mep-8320?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 8273/11/12 at 4:12pmThread Starter
I don't know how they compare quality wise but if you compare by peoples' notes on them the SHE3580 seems to be middle of the road in Dsnuts' picks in terms of sound signature. The CKM50 is more V-shaped (as shown in my graph) while the Monoprice seems to be more mid-forward. The SHE3580 is still V-shaped in the overall scheme of things, with a really good subbass. If you want something even more balanced try the SHH3580 or maybe the SHE3575.post #33 of 8273/12/12 at 11:32pmpost #34 of 8273/13/12 at 12:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by bluraymond
On philips uk website, the she 3570 range is featured but no mention of the she 3580 range but the spec sheets look identical.
My she 3582 (blue version) are absolutely awesome and if you are in the UK, Asda are selling them for £5, completely worthwhile punt for what I condsider to be a bargain of the century. Keep the good work up Joe
Damn I wish I would read that before I order them off Ebay. However Blue isn't really my type you know... But I'm still waiting for these to arrive, probably until 26th max.post #35 of 8273/14/12 at 1:38ampost #36 of 8273/14/12 at 2:07amThread StarterNo idea as I only own the 3580 but a few people have got the 3570 instead in Dsnut‘s Isurus and SHE3580 thread and impressions were all positive.post #37 of 8273/14/12 at 7:56ampost #38 of 8273/14/12 at 8:25amThread Starterpost #39 of 8273/14/12 at 8:42ampost #40 of 8273/15/12 at 7:19ampost #41 of 8273/15/12 at 8:20amThread Starterpost #42 of 8273/16/12 at 10:53pm
Thanks a bunch for the Linkwitz link. Helpful with some modding issues at the moment and YEAH I am going to go get some of these asap even if I have to drive all over town. Thanks!
I just noticed the 9700 look quite appealing too. Nice frequency response
Edited by nick n - 3/17/12 at 6:56pmpost #43 of 8273/16/12 at 11:22pm
I have a pair of these, bought them a while back and usually have two roles for them........ when it's raining and really humid in Hong Kong and I don't want to carry one of my little bricks, I use the 3580 with my phone, the Note and the sounds acceptable. The second use I have for these Philips is whenever I get a new portable amp, I use these buds to help burn in the amp overnight.
I use the JVC 51 sleeves and get a pretty good seal and once that is achieved the bass is pretty good, definitely enough weight!post #44 of 8273/22/12 at 10:03am
my ie 8's are with senny right now, so i chose to pick these up while im waiting on them. i put on some comply tips on them and i have to say that i am blown away how good these are on my iphone/ipad with no EQ. The bass is just so deep. I will probably buy these for all my non audiophile friends so they move up from their ipod earbuds.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › "The New" Fiio X3 with USB DAC 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › Fiio E18 2 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 4 minutes ago
- › JH-13 Pro 4 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 5 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 7 minutes ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › FOSTEX HP-P1 9 minutes ago
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude