Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › NEW JERSEY 2011 - Saturday, August 6th in East Hanover, NJ
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEW JERSEY 2011 - Saturday, August 6th in East Hanover, NJ - Page 6  

post #76 of 111
Thread Starter 

Anyone is invited. All I request is that Head-Fi members, whether you're bringing gear or not, post in this thread, and list some of the gear you're planning on bringing.

 

This is a walk-in friendly meet. Bring any guests you want, tell them to burn CD-R's if they like (usually the preferred medium at meets is a regular audio CD) for listening to their favorite music.

post #77 of 111

i'm bringing two great female (mostly acoustic/live) vocal compilations i made. all of the tracks are of excellent music and sound quality.

post #78 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManBeard View Post

I should be able to make this. I will definitely bring my Reference 7 > SRM-717 > O2MK1 setup.


Wow -- the 717 has two Pro Bias connections, both live.  This means that if I bring my O2MK2 Spritzer Mods (done by Spritzer himself) we can finally do the quick-switch A/B of MK1 vs Sprtizer mod that we have been trying to do for a year.

 

I have been waiting for Kerry's MK1 to arrive ... but no longer!  ManBeard to the rescue! 

 

MD1032 and I are also planning a hot-switch A/B of EF-1's with different OpAmps and some 12AU7 rolling, with HD600s. HD800s, and maybe my new used RS-1's.

 

What else?  I promised to bring K1000s with a PS Audio speaker amp ... my plan was to insert a tube buffer in this chain, but we tried last year with an Aric Audio tube unit and got too much noise -- we ran out of time to fix this.  Will try again.
 

 

post #79 of 111

Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda View Post

i'm bringing two great females (mostly live)

 

Good plan!  One for you, one for Doug?  Who gets the live one?

 

Me too!  My wife said I could bring her AND a gf, as long as the gf was dead.

 

Cold.

post #80 of 111

Nikongod is NOT going to be there.

 

We need a good photographer!!

 

No one can fill Ari's shoes, but let's try.  Someone please volunteer to shoot the pix.

 

I'll pay for film and developing.

 

Yea yea yea ... you'll see ... film will make the same comeback that vinyl did!

post #81 of 111

I can try to get some pictures taken. Likely not on the level of NikonGod, but I have a decent SLR and should be around for a few hours to get some decent pictures. I will try to contribute in any way I can.

post #82 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkz View Post

I can try to get some pictures taken. Likely not on the level of NikonGod, but I have a decent SLR and should be around for a few hours to get some decent pictures. I will try to contribute in any way I can.



 Thanks!   Post 'em all on the impressions thread after we start it.  Much appreciated!

post #83 of 111

I have a good SLR and will take some pictures while I am there.  I am not the best but will take some good photos.

post #84 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavoman View Post

Nikongod is NOT going to be there.

 

We need a good photographer!!

 

No one can fill Ari's shoes, but let's try.  Someone please volunteer to shoot the pix.

 

I'll pay for film and developing.

 

Yea yea yea ... you'll see ... film will make the same comeback that vinyl did!


I'll be around taking pictures.
post #85 of 111

I even went out tonight and finally bought a real flash, 430EX II.

 

So far so good.  I like ambient light but some of these rooms are just too dark.

post #86 of 111
My Metz 48 will be coming, too.
post #87 of 111

Thanks MD1032!

 

I will be there for sure....and I'm most excited about hearing the LCD 2 r2's.....r1's as well......with the RWA Audeze edition amp!

 

Looking forward :)

 

-H

 
post #88 of 111

Maybe attending!

 

Here's some of my gear:

 

DT880

SR60 with 325 drives

AKG K301

Stax SR-A no amp

Headroom home

Yamaha SACD player with no SACD

 

post #89 of 111
If anyone is feeling source poor at this meet, and has an amp to spare, I may not be able to bring my DIY amps for this one. If anyone has an extra amp to hook up to my sources (Sony PS-X5 w/ Signet cartridge and Denon DN-C680) I'll bring them, otherwise my gear might stay home this meet (except my headphones, of course!). Of course, pretty much every other setup here is far more impressive than mine anyway. redface.gif
Edited by revolink24 - 8/4/11 at 9:07am
post #90 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavoman View Post




Wow -- the 717 has two Pro Bias connections, both live.  This means that if I bring my O2MK2 Spritzer Mods (done by Spritzer himself) we can finally do the quick-switch A/B of MK1 vs Sprtizer mod that we have been trying to do for a year.

 

I have been waiting for Kerry's MK1 to arrive ... but no longer!  ManBeard to the rescue! 

 


 

 


Wow that should be a good comparison.

 

I should also be able to bring my Hifiman EF-5 and Millet MiniMax along with a pair of HD650's.

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › NEW JERSEY 2011 - Saturday, August 6th in East Hanover, NJ