or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Post your wallpaper! - Page 18

post #256 of 352

Yes its The House Of Usher :) I remember the first time i saw the movie on cable in the late 1990s. I couldnt believe the sharpness and quality of the camera work. It was like seeing dvd quality in the 1960s. Nothing like seeing the common sense no bs presence of Mr.Vincent Price to remind me not to be such a unthinking fool at times.

 

A wallpaper or two more-

motorbikes_ii_by_sharuzen-d33qo0z.jpgcpblog.jpgphase_9_trias_warfare_by_csy5150-d2zn855.jpgmotorbikes_iv_by_sharuzen-d33qo7l.jpg

post #257 of 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbishop View Postmotorbikes_iv_by_sharuzen-d33qo7l.jpg


Hello there!  And what is your name?

 

post #258 of 352

she kinda looks like a kat von D lookalike to me. 

post #259 of 352

This thread has a distinct lack of mountain wallpapers.

 

1292098334923.jpg

 

clicky clicky ^

post #260 of 352

zappa01.jpg

 

gray floyd.png

 

gray 3.jpg

 

I made those btw, took me 15 hours in MSpaint.


Edited by JamesMcProgger - 8/26/11 at 4:59pm
post #261 of 352

1287955021485.jpg
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMcProgger View Post

I made those btw, took me 15 hours in MSpaint.


tongue.gif

 

post #262 of 352

 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbishop View Post

Yes its The House Of Usher :) I remember the first time i saw the movie on cable in the late 1990s. I couldnt believe the sharpness and quality of the camera work. It was like seeing dvd quality in the 1960s. Nothing like seeing the common sense no bs presence of Mr.Vincent Price to remind me not to be such a unthinking fool at times.

 

A wallpaper or two more-

 



There is a slew of American International Vincent Price movies that all have that same quality. I maybe have 7 on DVD and they all have that look. They were shot in a studio and if I remember right under exposed and developed to get that dark deep color. The House Of Usher is one of the best but The Pit and the Pendulum, The Tomb of Ligeira, The Haunted Palace all have that color. I'm sure they will be on Blueray if they are not yet.

post #263 of 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSaysHi View Post

This thread has a distinct lack of mountain wallpapers.

 

1292098334923.jpg

 

clicky clicky ^



Great, a cold wallpaper to suppress all this intense heat.

post #264 of 352

no HQ night-time sky view pics of the city?

 

:l

post #265 of 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkat View Post

no HQ night-time sky view pics of the city?

 

:l



rockefeller.jpg

 

 

Dusk from the Rockerfeller building. I had a low level night shot wallpaper too, I'm still looking for it.

 

 


Edited by StargateRecords - 8/27/11 at 2:52am
post #266 of 352

nyc_night.jpg

post #267 of 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislangley4253 View Post

she kinda looks like a kat von D lookalike to me. 



Yep a real huntress type who'll buy a guy a drink and make him earn it in the most exhausting fun ways devil_face.gifconfused_face(1).gifdevil_face.gif

 

Some more visuals-

wallpaper-483208.jpgwallpaper-849274.jpgsunrise_of_fall_by_kkart-d34x8y9.jpgA_Sunrise_Over_Golden_by_kkart.jpgpeaks_of_winter_by_kkart-d34ae3s.jpgwallpaper-694398.jpg

 

post #268 of 352
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellbishop View Post


wallpaper-849274.jpg

 

 

 

Nice, I really this artwork, the concept looks amazing, especially the agriculture arrays in the sky.

 

 


Edited by StargateRecords - 8/27/11 at 10:18am
post #269 of 352

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StargateRecords View Post

 

 

Nice, I really this artwork, the concept looks amazing, especially the agriculture arrays in the sky.

 


It's artwork from a game series called Mass Effect. Too bad it isn't higher resolution :(

post #270 of 352

_colors__by_valentinakallias-d356r0p.jpg10,000 Mirrors by Chinacomplex.jpg

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post

 
 



There is a slew of American International Vincent Price movies that all have that same quality. I maybe have 7 on DVD and they all have that look. They were shot in a studio and if I remember right under exposed and developed to get that dark deep color. The House Of Usher is one of the best but The Pit and the Pendulum, The Tomb of Ligeira, The Haunted Palace all have that color. I'm sure they will be on Blueray if they are not yet.



Woah.. i didnt know that. I know the television version of Masque Of The Red Death had that look in certain scenes when i watched it as a kid on the weekends in the 1970s but never knew they all got the..treatment :D

 

Thanks for the info on the DVD releases. Will have to keep an eye out for them. Picked up some Christopher Lee "Dracula" movies earlier this year on dvd which look amazing.

 

Something for the eyes:

Human Touch by theshinyrock.jpgHOBO.jpgindependencia-de-mexico.jpgBelgian_church_by_theshinyrock.jpg

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home