Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) - Page 50

post #736 of 1593

As a Korean and serious metal listener, I wanna spread K-rock spirit to all over the world!!  Melancholy or mellow style of K-pop music may be very familiar to your ears. But, Korean rock music is not well known to Head-Fiers.  It's up to you whether you listen to this music introduced from me or not.  I just hope you guys have interest in other parts of Korean Music.

 

Crash is a thrash metal band in Korea.  They began their career in 1994 with the debut album, The Endless Supply of Pain.

 

1. Crash - Lucid Sycophant (Their Latest Album)

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiMNmt44kb8&feature=related

 

2. Crash - My worst enemy (Their debut album)

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6skkkLuibM&feature=related

post #737 of 1593

Error


Edited by esw1026 - 7/31/12 at 11:53pm
post #738 of 1593

error


Edited by esw1026 - 7/31/12 at 11:53pm
post #739 of 1593
Quote:
Originally Posted by esw1026 View Post

Either you can speak Korean or you are Korean, you can probably get used version of the limited anniversary album from www.dreamrec.co.kr (But, you must be lucky!!!)

 

No luck, out of print. I should check more frequently.


Edited by Bokyung - 8/1/12 at 4:39am
post #740 of 1593

Here's some lighter rock instrumentals from Uverworld. Been jamming with my PRS guitars to these lately :)

 

 

 

And for the heck of it, High and Mighty Color's Ichirin No Hana because I'm feeling nostalgic. First song I ever learned to play on guitar and learned the solo one month after touching guitar for the first time. Been playing ever since.


Edited by wind016 - 8/4/12 at 1:48pm
post #741 of 1593
Quote:
Originally Posted by esw1026 View Post

As a Korean and serious metal listener, I wanna spread K-rock spirit to all over the world!!  Melancholy or mellow style of K-pop music may be very familiar to your ears. But, Korean rock music is not well known to Head-Fiers.  It's up to you whether you listen to this music introduced from me or not.  I just hope you guys have interest in other parts of Korean Music.

 

Crash is a thrash metal band in Korea.  They began their career in 1994 with the debut album, The Endless Supply of Pain.

 

1. Crash - Lucid Sycophant (Their Latest Album)

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiMNmt44kb8&feature=related

 

2. Crash - My worst enemy (Their debut album)

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6skkkLuibM&feature=related

 

That was pretty effing epic. 

 

S. Korea is an extremely mainstream/commercial pop-oriented society, and I wonder how the average person in Korea feels about indie, underground, niche genre music? Do they just not give a damn and think it's all just too weird? 

 

And with S. Korean being a relatively shallow/materialistic society, I'm sure all the underground bands there have a lot to rebel against.

post #742 of 1593

Speaking of Korean indie, not a big fan of screaming/growling stuff, but this has been one of my favs.

 


Edited by wind016 - 8/4/12 at 1:58pm
post #743 of 1593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatique View Post

 

That was pretty effing epic. 

 

S. Korea is an extremely mainstream/commercial pop-oriented society, and I wonder how the average person in Korea feels about indie, underground, niche genre music? Do they just not give a damn and think it's all just too weird? 

 

And with S. Korean being a relatively shallow/materialistic society, I'm sure all the underground bands there have a lot to rebel against.

 

I was under the impression that Asians in general don't really have much concern towards music and Koreans are on the extreme side of that idea. With such a stressful education system and working lifestyle, they really prefer to pretty up their entertainment? They like to pretty up themselves as well. :)

post #744 of 1593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatique View Post

 

That was pretty effing epic. 

 

S. Korea is an extremely mainstream/commercial pop-oriented society, and I wonder how the average person in Korea feels about indie, underground, niche genre music? Do they just not give a damn and think it's all just too weird? 

 

And with S. Korean being a relatively shallow/materialistic society, I'm sure all the underground bands there have a lot to rebel against.

Slowly changing. Earlier this year indie band Busker Busker dominated most of the digital charts. Not to mention they sold as much as popular idol groups. Recent comeback of Nell was hailed by the media as one of the biggest comeback of the year.

 

As for media wise, it's slowly improving. In the early 2000's throughout mid 2000's, Yoon Do Hyun's Love Letter was prime example of having indie artists on one of the most viewed tv program. Followed by EBS 스페이스 공감, Sketchbook, and many more. Audition shows like Super Star K helped a bit too by popularizing Busker Busker and few other singer-songwriters such as Jang Jae In.

 

Another show that comes to mind is MBC 대학가요제 and TOP BAND. Both has contributed spreading indie acts and singer-songwriters.

 

As for award wise, nowadays KMA is cream of the corp. 

 

Indie has their own place, with decent amount of people supporting it.  I am not too worried about current state of Korean music industry but at the same time it needs to cut down on the overwhelming amount of idol groups.


Edited by Bokyung - 8/4/12 at 2:56pm
post #745 of 1593
Quote:
Originally Posted by wind016 View Post

Here's some lighter rock instrumentals from Uverworld. 

 

Yeah, they have progressive aspirations, but they seem to sort of straddle commercial pop sensibility and the truly challenging side of prog rock. As musicians, they don't seem quite as advanced as full-fledged prog rock bands, but they are more advanced than the typical commercial band. 

post #746 of 1593

My friend showed me these today. Not much to them, but just very funny to watch. They are koreans "singing japanese"

post #747 of 1593

Has nobody posted the best video of the year? Gangnam Style!

 

http://vimeo.com/45874564

post #748 of 1593
Quote:
Originally Posted by allyl View Post

Has nobody posted the best video of the year? Gangnam Style!

 

http://vimeo.com/45874564


Yes I'd have to agree with him.. not because I'm Korean but because it is in fact the best music video of the year...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0

post #749 of 1593

I've had a tough time finding any asian music on Spotify. Does anyone know of any artists on there?

post #750 of 1593
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb2948 View Post

I've had a tough time finding any asian music on Spotify. Does anyone know of any artists on there?

 

 

I don't have a Spotify account, but my cousin checked for me and Eason Chan is in the Spotify database. Not everyone is interested in Chinese pop...but it was worth a shot. XD

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)