Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) - Page 49

post #721 of 1604
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthem View Post

I haven't seen many people talk about YUI, which I found surprising since I think of her as one of the top J-rock-pop artists. In fact I heard about her through one of Project86's reviews. She has a really airy voice which sounds great through AKG K701's and pretty much anything with good treble.

 

I'm pretty sure YUI's already appeared in this thread. I'm a fan as well. Girls with guitars and a cute/expressive singing voice is very hard to resist--especially if they can also write and perform their own songs.

post #722 of 1604

I've yet to have gotten the opportunity to listen to any of Yui's songs. Any suggestions on some good places to start? She strikes me as someone whose music I would get into. 

 

Edit: Seems that she did some ED's for Bleach. I haven't watched much of that, so that would explain why I've never heard of her anime-wise. 


Edited by TwinQY - 7/20/12 at 7:50pm
post #723 of 1604
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

I've yet to have gotten the opportunity to listen to any of Yui's songs. Any suggestions on some good places to start? She strikes me as someone whose music I would get into. 

 

Edit: Seems that she did some ED's for Bleach. I haven't watched much of that, so that would explain why I've never heard of her anime-wise. 

 

Here are some of my favorite YUI songs:

 

Che.r.ry 

Summer Song

Again

Life

Cloudy

Parade

Laugh Away

Just My Way

Separation

Hello

post #724 of 1604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatique View Post

 

Here are some of my favorite YUI songs:

 

Che.r.ry 

Summer Song

Again

Life

Cloudy

Parade

Laugh Away

Just My Way

Separation

Hello

Great stuff! Che.r.ry and Laugh Away were just my style. I'm watching taiyou no uta right now, and YUI's starring in it. Her songs really bright the mood to a otherwise downright depressing story. 

post #725 of 1604
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

 I'm watching taiyou no uta right now, and YUI's starring in it. Her songs really bright the mood to a otherwise downright depressing story. 

 

Unfortunately, she is terrible at acting, and after that attempt, she never tried acting again and focused on music. She said so herself that she's not a good actor and prefers to concentrate on music. I bet she was starred originally because her record company (or talent agency) saw the money potential in the cross-over of her music and her cute face. 

 

You should try watching the TV series version instead, which stars Sawajiri Erika, who's also a singer/musician, but also an actress and model. She's far better at acting, and objectively more attractive. I don't really care for her music though, since she's not a passionate songwriter like YUI is--she seems to be more about just being famous and enjoying the spotlight, instead of a true "artist."

post #726 of 1604

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunatique View Post

 

Unfortunately, she is terrible at acting, and after that attempt, she never tried acting again and focused on music. She said so herself that she's not a good actor and prefers to concentrate on music. I bet she was starred originally because her record company (or talent agency) saw the money potential in the cross-over of her music and her cute face. 

 

You should try watching the TV series version instead, which stars Sawajiri Erika, who's also a singer/musician, but also an actress and model. She's far better at acting, and objectively more attractive. I don't really care for her music though, since she's not a passionate songwriter like YUI is--she seems to be more about just being famous and enjoying the spotlight, instead of a true "artist."

Well, it's not like I expect standout acting from the usual dorama, and YUI did fine as a pretty-faced lead (acting-wise, a big flop). Manga was much better on all fronts, though. 

 

More on the line of this thread, is this huge dump of school food punishment stuff:

It's too bad they split last month, though frown.gif

 

Wait, just noticed an astounding lack of Do As Infinity and The Brilliant Green in this thread. Let me just fix that...

Tomoko Kawase is much better with TBG, her alter egos just annoy me


Edited by TwinQY - 7/21/12 at 7:31pm
post #727 of 1604
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Well, it's not like I expect standout acting from the usual dorama, and YUI did fine as a pretty-faced lead (acting-wise, a big flop). Manga was much better on all fronts, though. 

 

More on the line of this thread, is this huge dump of school food punishment stuff:

 

It's too bad they split last month, though frown.gif

Yes, very disappointing... Loved amp-reflection and prog-roid. 

 

My favorite YUI song, with a beautiful live performance:

post #728 of 1604
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0o0o0o View Post

Yes, very disappointing... Loved amp-reflection and prog-roid. 

 

Love amp-reflection, just brought all my favorites together with some really good newer stuff. Prog-roid was solid as well; hikari brings chills, and flashback trip syndrome is just a head-bopper. I tend to place the EPs on a higher level of quality, though. Air feel. color swim and school food is good food were my favorites from them. and probably some of my favorite EPs overall.

post #729 of 1604

High and Mighty Color was among my favourite Japanese bands back in the day, was gutted when Maki left the group. (And when the group disbanded the next year) 

 

 

 

Been listening to Ikkimonogakari and Taru lately, will give Boa's latest Korean album a listen later this week. 

 

post #730 of 1604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatique View Post

 

Unfortunately, she is terrible at acting, and after that attempt, she never tried acting again and focused on music. She said so herself that she's not a good actor and prefers to concentrate on music. I bet she was starred originally because her record company (or talent agency) saw the money potential in the cross-over of her music and her cute face. 

 

You should try watching the TV series version instead, which stars Sawajiri Erika, who's also a singer/musician, but also an actress and model. She's far better at acting, and objectively more attractive. I don't really care for her music though, since she's not a passionate songwriter like YUI is--she seems to be more about just being famous and enjoying the spotlight, instead of a true "artist."

I love YUI's music and i agree she is a joke as an actress, Sawajiri is the opossite, pretty good acting, but her music? meh.

 

Anyway, here's something that resembles YUI in some ways, miwa!

 

 

post #731 of 1604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunho View Post

High and Mighty Color was among my favourite Japanese bands back in the day, was gutted when Maki left the group. (And when the group disbanded the next year

 

 

What? I didn't even realize they disbanded. D:

 

I was fortunate to see their live performance at the Sakura-Con event in 2010... :o

post #732 of 1604

 

 

post #733 of 1604

Seo Taiji is often regarded as the pioneer of Korean music industry.  His influence has affected K-pop industry up to now.  Now he is considered the best alternative rock musician in Korea.

The interesting thing about his career is that he started his career in a dance pop boy band in 1992. (Before he formed the boy band, he was playing bass guitar in the band called, Sinawe, which is the best heavy metal band in Korean metal history)  If you listen to all his albums, you can find a variety of music genres like rock, dance, hip-hop, ballad and etc....

 

The song attached below is the latest song: Seo Taiji's 8th album, Atomos(2008).

 

 

 

 


Edited by esw1026 - 7/31/12 at 4:53pm
post #734 of 1604

His lyricism is one of the finest in Korea. Shame I couldn't pick up his limited 15th anniversary album... that was sold out so fast... as expected of Taiji.

post #735 of 1604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokyung View Post

His lyricism is one of the finest in Korea. Shame I couldn't pick up his limited 15th anniversary album... that was sold out so fast... as expected of Taiji.

Either you can speak Korean or you are Korean, you can probably get used version of the limited anniversary album from www.dreamrec.co.kr (But, you must be lucky!!!)


Edited by esw1026 - 7/31/12 at 11:29pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)