or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) - Page 137

post #2041 of 2052
They're probably one of my most beloved underground band HK.
Maybe Hongkongers might understand what they're singing and direct to whom biggrin.gif ...
Nope , I'm no HK , I'm SG , but I'm Cantonese and I love the way how they 吊你老母 含家柃 .biggrin.gif




Enjoy the 含家柃 by LMF
Edited by Forty6 - 7/23/16 at 6:55am
post #2042 of 2052
@music818, thanks for all the great selections, do you have any Lily Chan HD video?
post #2043 of 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalo View Post

@music818, thanks for all the great selections, do you have any Lily Chan HD video?

:L3000:

post #2044 of 2052
Thank you so so much.
post #2045 of 2052
One of my current favorite Korean singer/songwriters is Baek Yerin. Before her, I never really cared for R&B, but she has a very expressive and unique artistry in her approach to R&B. And she's only 19:
Her previous single, "Across the Universe" was my favorite song from 2015, and the EP "Frank" was my favorite album from 2015:
 
Mamamoo's Solar released a few cover songs recently, and this one is particularly lovely:
Lee Soo Young (another of my favorites) previously covered this song too, and it was a nice bossa nova version:
 
Speaking of Mamamoo (I'm a huge fan), the last song they released was for a LG G5 commercial, but it was such a great song (and the music video is just so cute). Listen to that harmony right off the bat when the song begins:
 
Mamamoo's male counterpart, Vromance, just debuted, and it's excellent:
 
Wonder Girls is back, still continuing as a band, and this time they're doing reggae-influenced pop:
 
A song I really like from last year was Stellar's "Sting." I don't think it's been posted yet:
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PL4Y3R 0N3 View Post

I didn't read the entire thread (136 pages? Are you kidding me?) but has anyone heard the opening to Tokyo ghoul's first season. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFfZuBU6g5I&feature=share
Pretty great.

 

Nice. Very dynamic and prog rock sounding. I haven't heard of Tokyo Ghoul, but the premise sounds really interesting, so I'm going to check it out. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by raasberry View Post
 

 

 

I've always liked that song. Smooth jazz pop is like a specialty for Japan and Korea -- I just don't hear other countries do it that much. Too bad it's not trendy anymore, although there are still Japanese City Pop artists releasing new stuff. K-Pop and K-Indie dip their toes into that genre sometimes too.

post #2046 of 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatique View Post

Nice. Very dynamic and prog rock sounding. I haven't heard of Tokyo Ghoul, but the premise sounds really interesting, so I'm going to check it out.
If you do I beg of you please read the manga indtead of the anime. Manga readers rated it the best manga to end in 2014 (naruto ended that same year) it is definitely the best manga I've read, and Sui Ishida has the ability to give a manga the beauty of poetry almost. I feel like I'm reading a work by Poe, like it already is a classic and it most definitely is the first manga to completely throw me for a loop (there are some real shockers in there. I've held my breath through entire chapters.)
If you finish it Tokyo ghoul:re is the continuation.
post #2047 of 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by PL4Y3R 0N3 View Post


If you do I beg of you please read the manga indtead of the anime. Manga readers rated it the best manga to end in 2014 (naruto ended that same year) it is definitely the best manga I've read, and Sui Ishida has the ability to give a manga the beauty of poetry almost. I feel like I'm reading a work by Poe, like it already is a classic and it most definitely is the first manga to completely throw me for a loop (there are some real shockers in there. I've held my breath through entire chapters.)
If you finish it Tokyo ghoul:re is the continuation.

So the anime version is just not worth it? This can happen sometimes, and it can go both ways. 

post #2048 of 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatique View Post

So the anime version is just not worth it? This can happen sometimes, and it can go both ways. 
The anime tried to fit 143 chapters into 24 episodes, and still couldn't get the story right. So even though it was a fantastic anime, it's kind of like a book vs movie thing, exept this time 10x worse than the manga. Don't get me wrong, I even watched and thoroughly enjoyed the anime first, but reading the manga has changed my opinion of the anime version completely.
post #2049 of 2052

post #2050 of 2052

Some people think that Mongolian pop music linguistically sounds like European music. 

 

 

 

 

 

Related to Mongolians - Kazakhs

 

 

 

 


Edited by mutabor - Today at 5:50 pm
post #2051 of 2052

As for jazzy and R&B ballads I prefer Indonesian singers in Asia. Yuna for example easily competes with black singers. Black people consider Yuna as their own.

 

 

 

 

Indonesian language ( of Austronesian origin) suits jazzy and fusion music very well. Also Indonesian singers are free from SWAG which makes modern black R&B unbearable.

 

 

 

 

 


Edited by mutabor - Today at 7:31 am
post #2052 of 2052

Weird Asian music

 

Thailand

 

 

Kazakhstan

 

 

Indonesia

 

 

Uyghur region ( China)

 

 

Kyrgystan

 

 

Mongolia

 

 

 

Yakutia ( Russia, Siberia)

 

 


Edited by mutabor - Today at 9:14 am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)