Hey Everybody. The time has come for me to choose another set of cans for myself. I am looking for a set that can be driven straight from my iphone / ipad. I want to use these cans for when I am lying in bed and or when I am out and about do my daily shopping for the usual bread and milk I do want really good sound quality. So I have been doing A LOT of research on head-fi and some other sites. I initially really wanted to get B&W P5’s, I think they look super smart and I am a fan of B&W speakers as I own a couple sets. I use the B&W 685’s in my room and I love their sound signature as it works well across the genres of music. However it seems like the sound quality is not up to par and I have read far more cons than pro’s on the P5’s. So my needs are a small closed headphone, like the P5 and I have nailed it down to these three. HD 25-1 ii or DT 1350 or HFI-780. Now I know the hfi-780 are not really portable, but I have always wanted to try them. My genres of music can vary. But I do listen to metal /hard rock/punk/prog quit a bit. I listen to music that has energy, but also music that is nice and moody. So which one would suite me. I have been sort of leaning towards the HD 25-1 ii but after watching Jude’s video review on the HD 25-1 ii vs DT 1350 I am not sure. It almost feels like the DT 1350 might be right too. I current own Grado’s SR 225 and Sennheiser HD 555 and some koss ksc75.
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productBowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- productKoss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 7/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Most noise isolating portable over ear phones Last post on 12/12/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portability, sound quality, comfort - impossible in one pair of cans? Last post on 6/24/12 at 6:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Buying new headphones Last post on 1/11/12 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Monitor headphones under $200 - are there any? Last post on 8/21/11 at 2:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed headphone for rock that has Grado's "in your face" sound? Last post on 8/12/11 at 8:00am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a review of the Advanced AcousticWerkes Nebula 2 IEM’s. The Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Nebula 2 was sent to me from MusicTeck who is the authorized dealer in the US for AWW. A big...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Brainwavz being based in Hongkong is quite known for its well set-up line of Accessories and IEMs. Back in the day, I was fairly active in modding my still beloved...
On my quest for the perfect sounding IEM for mobile use I came across these headphones that are rather underrepresented in the forum. The Panasonic RP-HDE10 are technically quite interesting...
I bought the SMSL sApII as a stop-gap after my Little Dot MKIII failed after 5 years of use, five hours a day. No complaints there! I just don't have the money to upgrade just now! I have invested...
Introduction: Lend Me UR ears, based in Singapore is an online and physical store that opened in December 2011 with a goal to “bring quality audio products to the masses and providing good...
Closed Headphones Choicepost #1 of 47/5/11 at 6:23amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 47/5/11 at 8:40am
Yeah, Senn HD25-1 ii are good. I'd be scared of the build, but if you treat your headphones like children, you'd treat them well.
I use Grado as portable and I love them. But, that's me.
Check out phiaton headphones. They are very nice as portablepost #3 of 47/5/11 at 3:03pmpost #4 of 47/5/11 at 4:38pmQuote:
All, ok, most Senn are that way. They are made more flexable then anything else, so nothing breaks.
- Closed Headphones Choice
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Music City Meet, 6th Edition -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2016 (October... 12 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 24 seconds ago
- › TEAC UD-301 30 seconds ago
- › In Ear - advice 33 seconds ago
- › iFi Audio Nano iDSD discussion + impression 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › KENNERTON VALI - Impressions, Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for external solution for listening to PC and PS4 at same... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 4 minutes ago
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Soundaware Esther by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...