Hey Everybody. The time has come for me to choose another set of cans for myself. I am looking for a set that can be driven straight from my iphone / ipad. I want to use these cans for when I am lying in bed and or when I am out and about do my daily shopping for the usual bread and milk I do want really good sound quality. So I have been doing A LOT of research on head-fi and some other sites. I initially really wanted to get B&W P5’s, I think they look super smart and I am a fan of B&W speakers as I own a couple sets. I use the B&W 685’s in my room and I love their sound signature as it works well across the genres of music. However it seems like the sound quality is not up to par and I have read far more cons than pro’s on the P5’s. So my needs are a small closed headphone, like the P5 and I have nailed it down to these three. HD 25-1 ii or DT 1350 or HFI-780. Now I know the hfi-780 are not really portable, but I have always wanted to try them. My genres of music can vary. But I do listen to metal /hard rock/punk/prog quit a bit. I listen to music that has energy, but also music that is nice and moody. So which one would suite me. I have been sort of leaning towards the HD 25-1 ii but after watching Jude’s video review on the HD 25-1 ii vs DT 1350 I am not sure. It almost feels like the DT 1350 might be right too. I current own Grado’s SR 225 and Sennheiser HD 555 and some koss ksc75.
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productBowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- productKoss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 7/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Most noise isolating portable over ear phones Last post on 12/12/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portability, sound quality, comfort - impossible in one pair of cans? Last post on 6/24/12 at 6:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Buying new headphones Last post on 1/11/12 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Monitor headphones under $200 - are there any? Last post on 8/21/11 at 2:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed headphone for rock that has Grado's "in your face" sound? Last post on 8/12/11 at 8:00am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
EarTech Music have you ever heard of them or Ear Technology Corporation well me neither. This review is for EarTech Music Dual driver custom in ear monitor. I ran upon this company one day while I...
Setup: System #1: Macbook Pro Retina, Fidelia Software, Fiio e17 Alpen System #2: Mac Pro, Fidelia Software, Headphone Out or Fiio e17/E09K combo Some of the tracks used to...
WHY THESE? The kind people on iBuyGou (www.ibuygou.com) kindly offered me a pair of Xiaomi-like headphones to review here, as I actively have been using my Pistons the last year, and as these...
Closed Headphones Choicepost #1 of 47/5/11 at 6:23amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 47/5/11 at 8:40am
Yeah, Senn HD25-1 ii are good. I'd be scared of the build, but if you treat your headphones like children, you'd treat them well.
I use Grado as portable and I love them. But, that's me.
Check out phiaton headphones. They are very nice as portablepost #3 of 47/5/11 at 3:03pmpost #4 of 47/5/11 at 4:38pmQuote:
All, ok, most Senn are that way. They are made more flexable then anything else, so nothing breaks.
- Closed Headphones Choice
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › WTB: Bel Canto C5i/C7R 4 seconds ago
- › VSonic GR07 wire colour scheme / rewiring HELP NEEDED BAD! 30 seconds ago
- › New Leckerton UHA760 Coming Soon!! 1 minute ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 1 minute ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 2 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S3 to DAC - USB Micro-B male to Mini-B male?? 2 minutes ago
- › MASS-Kobo Headphone Amp. model404 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio L1 or AKG K550? 3 minutes ago
- › Vape-Fi 3 minutes ago
- › Grado SR225e 3 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3