Hey Everybody. The time has come for me to choose another set of cans for myself. I am looking for a set that can be driven straight from my iphone / ipad. I want to use these cans for when I am lying in bed and or when I am out and about do my daily shopping for the usual bread and milk I do want really good sound quality. So I have been doing A LOT of research on head-fi and some other sites. I initially really wanted to get B&W P5’s, I think they look super smart and I am a fan of B&W speakers as I own a couple sets. I use the B&W 685’s in my room and I love their sound signature as it works well across the genres of music. However it seems like the sound quality is not up to par and I have read far more cons than pro’s on the P5’s. So my needs are a small closed headphone, like the P5 and I have nailed it down to these three. HD 25-1 ii or DT 1350 or HFI-780. Now I know the hfi-780 are not really portable, but I have always wanted to try them. My genres of music can vary. But I do listen to metal /hard rock/punk/prog quit a bit. I listen to music that has energy, but also music that is nice and moody. So which one would suite me. I have been sort of leaning towards the HD 25-1 ii but after watching Jude’s video review on the HD 25-1 ii vs DT 1350 I am not sure. It almost feels like the DT 1350 might be right too. I current own Grado’s SR 225 and Sennheiser HD 555 and some koss ksc75.
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productBowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- productKoss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 7/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Most noise isolating portable over ear phones Last post on 12/12/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portability, sound quality, comfort - impossible in one pair of cans? Last post on 6/24/12 at 6:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Buying new headphones Last post on 1/11/12 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Monitor headphones under $200 - are there any? Last post on 8/21/11 at 2:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed headphone for rock that has Grado's "in your face" sound? Last post on 8/12/11 at 8:00am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Package & Build: FiiO X3 comes in a nice box with adapter and micro USB cable, as well as a nice soft silicone sleeve to protect the player. It is built very nicely, has some retro touch to it...
In short words: The Fidue is on par with the Sony EX1000 (little less sound stage and depth, but better, more flat sound signature) Downside: Cable plugs to the earphone speakers was...
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Closed Headphones Choicepost #1 of 47/5/11 at 6:23amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 47/5/11 at 8:40am
Yeah, Senn HD25-1 ii are good. I'd be scared of the build, but if you treat your headphones like children, you'd treat them well.
I use Grado as portable and I love them. But, that's me.
Check out phiaton headphones. They are very nice as portablepost #3 of 47/5/11 at 3:03pmpost #4 of 47/5/11 at 4:38pmQuote:
All, ok, most Senn are that way. They are made more flexable then anything else, so nothing breaks.
- Closed Headphones Choice
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Valhalla 2 review coming soon! 5 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 45 seconds ago
- › Meier - Corda Classic + Corda Daccorda 59 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HD800 too bright for violin recordings 3 minutes ago
- › Advice on a smallish full size amp for my ADs. 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by Tail
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3