i only have 2, thinking of getting one more
Related Forum Threads
- "The Lab" Last post on Today at 11:20 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What headphone/IEM should I get? Last post on 8/11/12 at 12:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones in ear or over ear Last post on 8/10/12 at 3:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Circumaural headphone pain Last post on 7/4/12 at 9:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones! Last post on 12/28/12 at 7:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Got one of these for a downstairs/bedroom system I'm trying to put together for peanuts. For your money, you get a very well made little steel box, crinkle finished, painted silver. You can see...
Foreword As the creator of the Titan 1 thread on head-fi, I have most of the information given here placed in the thread; however, this review is a coalescing and enhancement of the various...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Master & Dynamic definitely knows how to build...
Hey the bang for your buck ratio is great for these. I got them years ago for $500. I've been using them to replace the little tin box in my TV for years. The satellite surrounds are ignored/not...
How many pairs of headphones do you think someone would need? And what purpose does each pair hold?post #1 of 157/4/11 at 10:10amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 157/4/11 at 10:32ampost #3 of 157/4/11 at 11:46am
2; one IEM for portable use and 1 full-size for home use. Personally, the only reason why I would want more than two is just to try different headphones, but they are not permanent residents.
Edited by zero7525 - 7/4/11 at 7:28pmpost #4 of 157/4/11 at 1:45pmAs of right now I have 2 full sized and also 2 customs and 1 iem. I have one main pair and the other to serve as a backup for both my rigs. The iem is used for watching videos only and not music.post #5 of 157/4/11 at 1:52pm
As many as you can manage.
I have different phones for different musics/purposes. I like a certain style and sound for movies and games. I have a pair just for electronica and bass type stuff. Another pair for things that involve more treble and vocals. I like having different pairs just to change the sound a bit and have a different feel on my head. I like to look at them. And I like having extras to loan to someone interested in trying/comparing, or just having people test them out. More the merrier! But my collection only has cloth-pad headphones. Kind of weird like that!
Very best,post #6 of 157/27/11 at 9:42ampost #7 of 157/27/11 at 10:12am
For me, I'd like to have 3. An open can, for home listening when there's no one around to annoy. A closed can, for a transportable rig or when there are a lot of people around me and I want to keep the music quiet, and an IEM, for on-the-go listening and maximum isolation. Though I can really be happy with just a nice closed can most of the time.post #8 of 157/27/11 at 10:26am
I have 1 pair of IEMs, 1 pair of closed 'portable' over-ears and 1 pair of open home listening over-ears which are in regular use at the moment.
I use the IEMs when on the move, I use the closed over-ears at the office and when on holiday, etc., and the open headphones stay at home - they're my best headphones.
I can't see myself ever having more than this as I'm not really interested in having multiple headphones for different genres, etc. - though I can understand why people do this.post #9 of 157/27/11 at 1:50pmpost #10 of 157/27/11 at 4:06pm
I only need one pair of nice IEM's to do everything, but the seven I have planned is more fun.
A nice IEM for ultraportable situations, a beater IEM for mowing the lawn (I'd hate for something nice to somehow fall out and get shredded, which would totally happen to me), a portable headphone for a transportable rig (Z1000), a closed bassy headphone (XB1000), a liquid sounding headphone for jazz (W1000X), an open, airy headphone (SA5000), and a headphone good for rock and metal (either AD2000 or RS1). Maybe I'm crazy, but the whole set is only 1.5 times the price of an LCD-2 that I wouldn't be nearly as happy with. Different strokes.post #11 of 157/27/11 at 4:25pmpost #12 of 157/27/11 at 5:17pmpost #13 of 157/27/11 at 5:43pmpost #14 of 157/27/11 at 5:52pmpost #15 of 157/27/11 at 5:52pmI've got it down to about a dozen. Might sell off four or five pairs, but I'm not sure yet. I like having them around and they don't take up much space.
The speakers are a different matter. I think there are six pairs, though my parents have taken control of the AMTs and another pair doesn't have cabinets yet. Though I think that will work out. I should be into a house within a year and plan to deploy three or four systems. It'll be fun.
- How many pairs of headphones do you think someone would need? And what purpose does each pair hold?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › FS: Schiit Vali. One week old. In the UK. 20 seconds ago
- › Disappointed by DT 770 pro 80, looking for advices HD598 vs fidelio L2 1 minute ago
- › Best DAC/AMP for PC/TV headphone (DT990) use... 2 minutes ago
- › JPlay driver not showing in JRiver 20.0.44 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 (Wireless Noise Cancelling On-Ear... 4 minutes ago
- › FS : Matrix M-Stage (Burr Brown OPA627AP with Class A Biasing Mod) 4 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming) 5 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3