i only have 2, thinking of getting one more
Related Forum Threads
- "The Lab" Last post on Yesterday at 11:08 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What headphone/IEM should I get? Last post on 2/12/16 at 6:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones in ear or over ear Last post on 8/10/12 at 3:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Circumaural headphone pain Last post on 7/4/12 at 9:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones! Last post on 12/28/12 at 7:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Aune M2 Pro Review Intro : Since the past few years I had kept myself away from trying out any new DAPs or audio gear since I was pretty satisfied with my Fiio X5 (1st gen) and Sansa Clip...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
Some "Provenance" to the Brand Name: Ocharaku is a "tea themed" company based in Japan. Focusing on Dynamic Driver IEM's, Ocharaku pushes the envelope when it comes to breaking the negative...
Introduction: The Fischer Audio Totem Paco (FE-131) is a newly released earphone from Fischer Audio. They’re small, built well and sound good. Want to know more? Read on. Below is the...
I was sent a couple of the ShareMe headphones to try recently for review purposes. The name of the company isn't one that I'm familiar with but I have seen various low priced offerings on...
How many pairs of headphones do you think someone would need? And what purpose does each pair hold?post #1 of 157/4/11 at 10:10amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 157/4/11 at 10:32ampost #3 of 157/4/11 at 11:46am
2; one IEM for portable use and 1 full-size for home use. Personally, the only reason why I would want more than two is just to try different headphones, but they are not permanent residents.
Edited by zero7525 - 7/4/11 at 7:28pmpost #4 of 157/4/11 at 1:45pmAs of right now I have 2 full sized and also 2 customs and 1 iem. I have one main pair and the other to serve as a backup for both my rigs. The iem is used for watching videos only and not music.post #5 of 157/4/11 at 1:52pm
As many as you can manage.
I have different phones for different musics/purposes. I like a certain style and sound for movies and games. I have a pair just for electronica and bass type stuff. Another pair for things that involve more treble and vocals. I like having different pairs just to change the sound a bit and have a different feel on my head. I like to look at them. And I like having extras to loan to someone interested in trying/comparing, or just having people test them out. More the merrier! But my collection only has cloth-pad headphones. Kind of weird like that!
Very best,post #6 of 157/27/11 at 9:42ampost #7 of 157/27/11 at 10:12am
For me, I'd like to have 3. An open can, for home listening when there's no one around to annoy. A closed can, for a transportable rig or when there are a lot of people around me and I want to keep the music quiet, and an IEM, for on-the-go listening and maximum isolation. Though I can really be happy with just a nice closed can most of the time.post #8 of 157/27/11 at 10:26am
I have 1 pair of IEMs, 1 pair of closed 'portable' over-ears and 1 pair of open home listening over-ears which are in regular use at the moment.
I use the IEMs when on the move, I use the closed over-ears at the office and when on holiday, etc., and the open headphones stay at home - they're my best headphones.
I can't see myself ever having more than this as I'm not really interested in having multiple headphones for different genres, etc. - though I can understand why people do this.post #9 of 157/27/11 at 1:50pmpost #10 of 157/27/11 at 4:06pm
I only need one pair of nice IEM's to do everything, but the seven I have planned is more fun.
A nice IEM for ultraportable situations, a beater IEM for mowing the lawn (I'd hate for something nice to somehow fall out and get shredded, which would totally happen to me), a portable headphone for a transportable rig (Z1000), a closed bassy headphone (XB1000), a liquid sounding headphone for jazz (W1000X), an open, airy headphone (SA5000), and a headphone good for rock and metal (either AD2000 or RS1). Maybe I'm crazy, but the whole set is only 1.5 times the price of an LCD-2 that I wouldn't be nearly as happy with. Different strokes.post #11 of 157/27/11 at 4:25pmpost #12 of 157/27/11 at 5:17pmpost #13 of 157/27/11 at 5:43pmpost #14 of 157/27/11 at 5:52pmpost #15 of 157/27/11 at 5:52pmI've got it down to about a dozen. Might sell off four or five pairs, but I'm not sure yet. I like having them around and they don't take up much space.
The speakers are a different matter. I think there are six pairs, though my parents have taken control of the AMTs and another pair doesn't have cabinets yet. Though I think that will work out. I should be into a house within a year and plan to deploy three or four systems. It'll be fun.
- How many pairs of headphones do you think someone would need? And what purpose does each pair hold?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 26 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-WM1 HI-END DAP 37 seconds ago
- › New iRiver AK70 1 minute ago
- › $1-$25 USD- Favorite budget in-ear monitors- General consensus... 1 minute ago
- › Am I a heartless monster... 1 minute ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Modders Go Nhoord?!?! 4 minutes ago
- › Introducing the Dacamp L1, flagship CL1 Ceramic and CL750 from RHA 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Aune M2 32BIT DSD portable music player by Faheem
- › Westone MMCX Bluetooth Cable, 78548 by twister6
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by kevingzw
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Cayin i5 by cleg
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C by Delayeed
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...