i only have 2, thinking of getting one more
Related Forum Threads
- "The Lab" Last post on Today at 1:11 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What headphone/IEM should I get? Last post on 2/12/16 at 6:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones in ear or over ear Last post on 8/10/12 at 3:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Circumaural headphone pain Last post on 7/4/12 at 9:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones! Last post on 12/28/12 at 7:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These headphones are made for listening to modern extreme genres of loud brickwalled poor-quality metal. They smoothen out spikiness and make drums sound so powerful and quick as if your head was...
Greetings, We all know it's coming, whether we like it or not. The wireless wave is upon us. Pretty much every major earphone manufacturer has a wireless option, and there are countless others...
How many pairs of headphones do you think someone would need? And what purpose does each pair hold?post #1 of 157/4/11 at 10:10amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 157/4/11 at 10:32ampost #3 of 157/4/11 at 11:46am
2; one IEM for portable use and 1 full-size for home use. Personally, the only reason why I would want more than two is just to try different headphones, but they are not permanent residents.
Edited by zero7525 - 7/4/11 at 7:28pmpost #4 of 157/4/11 at 1:45pmAs of right now I have 2 full sized and also 2 customs and 1 iem. I have one main pair and the other to serve as a backup for both my rigs. The iem is used for watching videos only and not music.post #5 of 157/4/11 at 1:52pm
As many as you can manage.
I have different phones for different musics/purposes. I like a certain style and sound for movies and games. I have a pair just for electronica and bass type stuff. Another pair for things that involve more treble and vocals. I like having different pairs just to change the sound a bit and have a different feel on my head. I like to look at them. And I like having extras to loan to someone interested in trying/comparing, or just having people test them out. More the merrier! But my collection only has cloth-pad headphones. Kind of weird like that!
Very best,post #6 of 157/27/11 at 9:42ampost #7 of 157/27/11 at 10:12am
For me, I'd like to have 3. An open can, for home listening when there's no one around to annoy. A closed can, for a transportable rig or when there are a lot of people around me and I want to keep the music quiet, and an IEM, for on-the-go listening and maximum isolation. Though I can really be happy with just a nice closed can most of the time.post #8 of 157/27/11 at 10:26am
I have 1 pair of IEMs, 1 pair of closed 'portable' over-ears and 1 pair of open home listening over-ears which are in regular use at the moment.
I use the IEMs when on the move, I use the closed over-ears at the office and when on holiday, etc., and the open headphones stay at home - they're my best headphones.
I can't see myself ever having more than this as I'm not really interested in having multiple headphones for different genres, etc. - though I can understand why people do this.post #9 of 157/27/11 at 1:50pmpost #10 of 157/27/11 at 4:06pm
I only need one pair of nice IEM's to do everything, but the seven I have planned is more fun.
A nice IEM for ultraportable situations, a beater IEM for mowing the lawn (I'd hate for something nice to somehow fall out and get shredded, which would totally happen to me), a portable headphone for a transportable rig (Z1000), a closed bassy headphone (XB1000), a liquid sounding headphone for jazz (W1000X), an open, airy headphone (SA5000), and a headphone good for rock and metal (either AD2000 or RS1). Maybe I'm crazy, but the whole set is only 1.5 times the price of an LCD-2 that I wouldn't be nearly as happy with. Different strokes.post #11 of 157/27/11 at 4:25pmpost #12 of 157/27/11 at 5:17pmpost #13 of 157/27/11 at 5:43pmpost #14 of 157/27/11 at 5:52pmpost #15 of 157/27/11 at 5:52pmI've got it down to about a dozen. Might sell off four or five pairs, but I'm not sure yet. I like having them around and they don't take up much space.
The speakers are a different matter. I think there are six pairs, though my parents have taken control of the AMTs and another pair doesn't have cabinets yet. Though I think that will work out. I should be into a house within a year and plan to deploy three or four systems. It'll be fun.
- How many pairs of headphones do you think someone would need? And what purpose does each pair hold?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Astrologer No.1 ((Love +91-9685568869 Affair Problem Solution... 8 seconds ago
- › +91-9001268149 ≼((1973))≽Famous Black Magic Removal 25 seconds ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 36 seconds ago
- › The lossless can of worms 1 minute ago
- › 【GIRL~BOY】+91 7568482899 KALA JADU LOVE PROBLEM SOLUTION SPECIALIST... 1 minute ago
- › AryAN##~LonDON## ~!~1 +91 7568482899 BlaCK mAGic SPecIAliST moLVi... 3 minutes ago
- › +91-9001268149 ≼((1973))≽LOve PROBLEM SOLUTION BABA JI 3 minutes ago
- › How many of you have tinnitus? 3 minutes ago
- › 【 Lost Love bAcK】=91-9958802839 bLaCk mAgIc sPeCIaLisT bABa ji Bahrain 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Avantree Clari Air by msturg29
- › Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones, Ghostek Silencer... by msturg29
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear