i only have 2, thinking of getting one more
Related Forum Threads
- "The Lab" Last post on Today at 7:43 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What headphone/IEM should I get? Last post on 2/12/16 at 6:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones in ear or over ear Last post on 8/10/12 at 3:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Circumaural headphone pain Last post on 7/4/12 at 9:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones! Last post on 12/28/12 at 7:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Acknowledgment Thanks to @Tony-Hifi of HiFi headphones for making me review this desktop DAC/Amp as a favour. I love reviewing loaners, but it’s always sad to package and send them off...
Hi Head-Fi/Vibro Labs fans, I was the second stop on the Aria tour, and I've had a great week reviewing them. This post will contain some of my thoughts and impressions, and I'll be touching on...
Ok I have been using a pair of these for several years. I logged on because there are way too many positive reviews of these things. Firstly: everything I mix on these is significantly...
Never thought this day would come but I guess blunders are inevitable. There is no denying the Beyerdynamic T5p is one attractive looking Headphone, I think it's among the most beautiful and...
I didn't have much expectations when i ordered this headphone from GearBest back in january 2016..it took around 3 weeks to arrive and the packaging was simple. The moment i unpacked the box i got...
How many pairs of headphones do you think someone would need? And what purpose does each pair hold?post #1 of 157/4/11 at 10:10amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 157/4/11 at 10:32ampost #3 of 157/4/11 at 11:46am
2; one IEM for portable use and 1 full-size for home use. Personally, the only reason why I would want more than two is just to try different headphones, but they are not permanent residents.
Edited by zero7525 - 7/4/11 at 7:28pmpost #4 of 157/4/11 at 1:45pmAs of right now I have 2 full sized and also 2 customs and 1 iem. I have one main pair and the other to serve as a backup for both my rigs. The iem is used for watching videos only and not music.post #5 of 157/4/11 at 1:52pm
As many as you can manage.
I have different phones for different musics/purposes. I like a certain style and sound for movies and games. I have a pair just for electronica and bass type stuff. Another pair for things that involve more treble and vocals. I like having different pairs just to change the sound a bit and have a different feel on my head. I like to look at them. And I like having extras to loan to someone interested in trying/comparing, or just having people test them out. More the merrier! But my collection only has cloth-pad headphones. Kind of weird like that!
Very best,post #6 of 157/27/11 at 9:42ampost #7 of 157/27/11 at 10:12am
For me, I'd like to have 3. An open can, for home listening when there's no one around to annoy. A closed can, for a transportable rig or when there are a lot of people around me and I want to keep the music quiet, and an IEM, for on-the-go listening and maximum isolation. Though I can really be happy with just a nice closed can most of the time.post #8 of 157/27/11 at 10:26am
I have 1 pair of IEMs, 1 pair of closed 'portable' over-ears and 1 pair of open home listening over-ears which are in regular use at the moment.
I use the IEMs when on the move, I use the closed over-ears at the office and when on holiday, etc., and the open headphones stay at home - they're my best headphones.
I can't see myself ever having more than this as I'm not really interested in having multiple headphones for different genres, etc. - though I can understand why people do this.post #9 of 157/27/11 at 1:50pmpost #10 of 157/27/11 at 4:06pm
I only need one pair of nice IEM's to do everything, but the seven I have planned is more fun.
A nice IEM for ultraportable situations, a beater IEM for mowing the lawn (I'd hate for something nice to somehow fall out and get shredded, which would totally happen to me), a portable headphone for a transportable rig (Z1000), a closed bassy headphone (XB1000), a liquid sounding headphone for jazz (W1000X), an open, airy headphone (SA5000), and a headphone good for rock and metal (either AD2000 or RS1). Maybe I'm crazy, but the whole set is only 1.5 times the price of an LCD-2 that I wouldn't be nearly as happy with. Different strokes.post #11 of 157/27/11 at 4:25pmpost #12 of 157/27/11 at 5:17pmpost #13 of 157/27/11 at 5:43pmpost #14 of 157/27/11 at 5:52pmpost #15 of 157/27/11 at 5:52pmI've got it down to about a dozen. Might sell off four or five pairs, but I'm not sure yet. I like having them around and they don't take up much space.
The speakers are a different matter. I think there are six pairs, though my parents have taken control of the AMTs and another pair doesn't have cabinets yet. Though I think that will work out. I should be into a house within a year and plan to deploy three or four systems. It'll be fun.
- How many pairs of headphones do you think someone would need? And what purpose does each pair hold?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Astell&Kern AK380 51 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Blast from the Past - Post your favourites, any genre any decade 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 3 minutes ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 8 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA600i "Current Mode Amplification" Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Talai
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...