i only have 2, thinking of getting one more
Related Forum Threads
- "The Lab" Last post on Yesterday at 4:41 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What headphone/IEM should I get? Last post on 2/12/16 at 6:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones in ear or over ear Last post on 8/10/12 at 3:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Circumaural headphone pain Last post on 7/4/12 at 9:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones! Last post on 12/28/12 at 7:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a report about a new IEM from Brainwavz. The B100 Specifications: Drivers : Single Balanced Armature Rated Impedance : 50 Ω Frequency Range : 15 Hz ~ 22...
A little bit about me: So I am Neil. a normal music loving lad who works here in Japan. I commute everyday, and I am always searching for the best value for my music needs. I currently use the...
I tested these headphones and was not very impressed with them. The price was very high for a used pair of headphones and it did not seem to compete well with other brands at lower price points....
[[SPOILER]] Disclaimer: The CL1 were provided to me as a part of the North American Review Tour by RHA. I have been given 10 days to listen to and then write a review where I will pass them along...
SPECS: No written spec was found for the UMI-BTA9 WHERE TO BUY / COST: http://amzn.to/2h6jhkA $69.99 new ( often heavily discounted down to $25 or less ) OVERVIEW Happy...
How many pairs of headphones do you think someone would need? And what purpose does each pair hold?post #1 of 157/4/11 at 10:10amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 157/4/11 at 10:32ampost #3 of 157/4/11 at 11:46am
2; one IEM for portable use and 1 full-size for home use. Personally, the only reason why I would want more than two is just to try different headphones, but they are not permanent residents.
Edited by zero7525 - 7/4/11 at 7:28pmpost #4 of 157/4/11 at 1:45pmAs of right now I have 2 full sized and also 2 customs and 1 iem. I have one main pair and the other to serve as a backup for both my rigs. The iem is used for watching videos only and not music.post #5 of 157/4/11 at 1:52pm
As many as you can manage.
I have different phones for different musics/purposes. I like a certain style and sound for movies and games. I have a pair just for electronica and bass type stuff. Another pair for things that involve more treble and vocals. I like having different pairs just to change the sound a bit and have a different feel on my head. I like to look at them. And I like having extras to loan to someone interested in trying/comparing, or just having people test them out. More the merrier! But my collection only has cloth-pad headphones. Kind of weird like that!
Very best,post #6 of 157/27/11 at 9:42ampost #7 of 157/27/11 at 10:12am
For me, I'd like to have 3. An open can, for home listening when there's no one around to annoy. A closed can, for a transportable rig or when there are a lot of people around me and I want to keep the music quiet, and an IEM, for on-the-go listening and maximum isolation. Though I can really be happy with just a nice closed can most of the time.post #8 of 157/27/11 at 10:26am
I have 1 pair of IEMs, 1 pair of closed 'portable' over-ears and 1 pair of open home listening over-ears which are in regular use at the moment.
I use the IEMs when on the move, I use the closed over-ears at the office and when on holiday, etc., and the open headphones stay at home - they're my best headphones.
I can't see myself ever having more than this as I'm not really interested in having multiple headphones for different genres, etc. - though I can understand why people do this.post #9 of 157/27/11 at 1:50pmpost #10 of 157/27/11 at 4:06pm
I only need one pair of nice IEM's to do everything, but the seven I have planned is more fun.
A nice IEM for ultraportable situations, a beater IEM for mowing the lawn (I'd hate for something nice to somehow fall out and get shredded, which would totally happen to me), a portable headphone for a transportable rig (Z1000), a closed bassy headphone (XB1000), a liquid sounding headphone for jazz (W1000X), an open, airy headphone (SA5000), and a headphone good for rock and metal (either AD2000 or RS1). Maybe I'm crazy, but the whole set is only 1.5 times the price of an LCD-2 that I wouldn't be nearly as happy with. Different strokes.post #11 of 157/27/11 at 4:25pmpost #12 of 157/27/11 at 5:17pmpost #13 of 157/27/11 at 5:43pmpost #14 of 157/27/11 at 5:52pmpost #15 of 157/27/11 at 5:52pmI've got it down to about a dozen. Might sell off four or five pairs, but I'm not sure yet. I like having them around and they don't take up much space.
The speakers are a different matter. I think there are six pairs, though my parents have taken control of the AMTs and another pair doesn't have cabinets yet. Though I think that will work out. I should be into a house within a year and plan to deploy three or four systems. It'll be fun.
- How many pairs of headphones do you think someone would need? And what purpose does each pair hold?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › The Official Massdrop/Fostex TH-X00 Owners' Impressions and... 9 seconds ago
- › [WTB] Oriolus MKII 51 seconds ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 1 minute ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 1 minute ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for an upgrade from the Radiopaq Jazz. I have tried a few... 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 7 minutes ago
- › New Inear Prophile-8 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Delance26
- › UMIDIGI BTA9 Sports IEM by NA Blur
- › RHA CL750 by Jackpot77
- › MEE audio - MMCX SILVER-PLATED CABLE by Zelda
- › Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphone with Mic -... by fusiondragon
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by mokler
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by mokler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear