i only have 2, thinking of getting one more
Related Forum Threads
- What headphone/IEM should I get? Last post on 8/11/12 at 12:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones in ear or over ear Last post on 8/10/12 at 3:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Circumaural headphone pain Last post on 7/4/12 at 9:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones! Last post on 12/28/12 at 7:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- **Just got Denon d2000's** Last post on 5/1/12 at 5:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
I would like to acknowledge that I'm actually reviewing T51i model of these headphones - identical to T51p with addition of in-line remote/mic. I received these for review purpose from...
How many pairs of headphones do you think someone would need? And what purpose does each pair hold?post #1 of 157/4/11 at 10:10amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 157/4/11 at 10:32ampost #3 of 157/4/11 at 11:46am
2; one IEM for portable use and 1 full-size for home use. Personally, the only reason why I would want more than two is just to try different headphones, but they are not permanent residents.
Edited by zero7525 - 7/4/11 at 7:28pmpost #4 of 157/4/11 at 1:45pmAs of right now I have 2 full sized and also 2 customs and 1 iem. I have one main pair and the other to serve as a backup for both my rigs. The iem is used for watching videos only and not music.post #5 of 157/4/11 at 1:52pm
As many as you can manage.
I have different phones for different musics/purposes. I like a certain style and sound for movies and games. I have a pair just for electronica and bass type stuff. Another pair for things that involve more treble and vocals. I like having different pairs just to change the sound a bit and have a different feel on my head. I like to look at them. And I like having extras to loan to someone interested in trying/comparing, or just having people test them out. More the merrier! But my collection only has cloth-pad headphones. Kind of weird like that!
Very best,post #6 of 157/27/11 at 9:42ampost #7 of 157/27/11 at 10:12am
For me, I'd like to have 3. An open can, for home listening when there's no one around to annoy. A closed can, for a transportable rig or when there are a lot of people around me and I want to keep the music quiet, and an IEM, for on-the-go listening and maximum isolation. Though I can really be happy with just a nice closed can most of the time.post #8 of 157/27/11 at 10:26am
I have 1 pair of IEMs, 1 pair of closed 'portable' over-ears and 1 pair of open home listening over-ears which are in regular use at the moment.
I use the IEMs when on the move, I use the closed over-ears at the office and when on holiday, etc., and the open headphones stay at home - they're my best headphones.
I can't see myself ever having more than this as I'm not really interested in having multiple headphones for different genres, etc. - though I can understand why people do this.post #9 of 157/27/11 at 1:50pmpost #10 of 157/27/11 at 4:06pm
I only need one pair of nice IEM's to do everything, but the seven I have planned is more fun.
A nice IEM for ultraportable situations, a beater IEM for mowing the lawn (I'd hate for something nice to somehow fall out and get shredded, which would totally happen to me), a portable headphone for a transportable rig (Z1000), a closed bassy headphone (XB1000), a liquid sounding headphone for jazz (W1000X), an open, airy headphone (SA5000), and a headphone good for rock and metal (either AD2000 or RS1). Maybe I'm crazy, but the whole set is only 1.5 times the price of an LCD-2 that I wouldn't be nearly as happy with. Different strokes.post #11 of 157/27/11 at 4:25pmpost #12 of 157/27/11 at 5:17pmpost #13 of 157/27/11 at 5:43pmpost #14 of 157/27/11 at 5:52pmpost #15 of 157/27/11 at 5:52pmI've got it down to about a dozen. Might sell off four or five pairs, but I'm not sure yet. I like having them around and they don't take up much space.
The speakers are a different matter. I think there are six pairs, though my parents have taken control of the AMTs and another pair doesn't have cabinets yet. Though I think that will work out. I should be into a house within a year and plan to deploy three or four systems. It'll be fun.
- How many pairs of headphones do you think someone would need? And what purpose does each pair hold?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 49 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 1 minute ago
- › HM-901 4 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 5 minutes ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 5 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 314 IEMs compared (Olasonic Flat-4 Nami added... 6 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 8 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 13 minutes ago
- › Burson Conductor [Flagship 4W, ESS SABRE32 Model] + Free 1793 DAC 15 minutes ago
- › What should I expect with Grado SR80i's 16 minutes ago
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › Sennheiser MM 450-X Wireless Bluetooth Headphones by Faber65
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob