i only have 2, thinking of getting one more
Related Forum Threads
- "The Lab" Last post on Today at 9:43 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What headphone/IEM should I get? Last post on 2/12/16 at 6:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones in ear or over ear Last post on 8/10/12 at 3:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Circumaural headphone pain Last post on 7/4/12 at 9:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones! Last post on 12/28/12 at 7:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
DISCLAIMER After my last pair of earphones broke, I did some research on the forums to find high praise for Edifier, much of which for the 185's. A bit of research showed that the company sought...
DISCLAIMER I am in no way associated with the SoundMAGIC company. I have bought ES18 myself and just expressing my honest opinion here. ABOUT ME I am a 25 years old music enthusiast...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I've had the pleasure of listening to most of DUNU Topsound's hybrid earphones (DN1000, 2000...
Read the full review here! http://www.head-fi.org/t/809194/review-t-peos-rasiel
How many pairs of headphones do you think someone would need? And what purpose does each pair hold?post #1 of 157/4/11 at 10:10amThread Starterpost #2 of 157/4/11 at 10:32ampost #3 of 157/4/11 at 11:46am
2; one IEM for portable use and 1 full-size for home use. Personally, the only reason why I would want more than two is just to try different headphones, but they are not permanent residents.
Edited by zero7525 - 7/4/11 at 7:28pmpost #4 of 157/4/11 at 1:45pmAs of right now I have 2 full sized and also 2 customs and 1 iem. I have one main pair and the other to serve as a backup for both my rigs. The iem is used for watching videos only and not music.post #5 of 157/4/11 at 1:52pm
As many as you can manage.
I have different phones for different musics/purposes. I like a certain style and sound for movies and games. I have a pair just for electronica and bass type stuff. Another pair for things that involve more treble and vocals. I like having different pairs just to change the sound a bit and have a different feel on my head. I like to look at them. And I like having extras to loan to someone interested in trying/comparing, or just having people test them out. More the merrier! But my collection only has cloth-pad headphones. Kind of weird like that!
Very best,post #6 of 157/27/11 at 9:42ampost #7 of 157/27/11 at 10:12am
For me, I'd like to have 3. An open can, for home listening when there's no one around to annoy. A closed can, for a transportable rig or when there are a lot of people around me and I want to keep the music quiet, and an IEM, for on-the-go listening and maximum isolation. Though I can really be happy with just a nice closed can most of the time.post #8 of 157/27/11 at 10:26am
I have 1 pair of IEMs, 1 pair of closed 'portable' over-ears and 1 pair of open home listening over-ears which are in regular use at the moment.
I use the IEMs when on the move, I use the closed over-ears at the office and when on holiday, etc., and the open headphones stay at home - they're my best headphones.
I can't see myself ever having more than this as I'm not really interested in having multiple headphones for different genres, etc. - though I can understand why people do this.post #9 of 157/27/11 at 1:50pmpost #10 of 157/27/11 at 4:06pm
I only need one pair of nice IEM's to do everything, but the seven I have planned is more fun.
A nice IEM for ultraportable situations, a beater IEM for mowing the lawn (I'd hate for something nice to somehow fall out and get shredded, which would totally happen to me), a portable headphone for a transportable rig (Z1000), a closed bassy headphone (XB1000), a liquid sounding headphone for jazz (W1000X), an open, airy headphone (SA5000), and a headphone good for rock and metal (either AD2000 or RS1). Maybe I'm crazy, but the whole set is only 1.5 times the price of an LCD-2 that I wouldn't be nearly as happy with. Different strokes.post #11 of 157/27/11 at 4:25pmpost #12 of 157/27/11 at 5:17pmpost #13 of 157/27/11 at 5:43pmpost #14 of 157/27/11 at 5:52pmpost #15 of 157/27/11 at 5:52pmI've got it down to about a dozen. Might sell off four or five pairs, but I'm not sure yet. I like having them around and they don't take up much space.
The speakers are a different matter. I think there are six pairs, though my parents have taken control of the AMTs and another pair doesn't have cabinets yet. Though I think that will work out. I should be into a house within a year and plan to deploy three or four systems. It'll be fun.
- How many pairs of headphones do you think someone would need? And what purpose does each pair hold?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 25 seconds ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 1 minute ago
- › HE-400i, HD700s, Audeze EL-8, or Beyerdynamic T1/T90 1 minute ago
- › For 6BL7 tube users 1 minute ago
- › LG Quadbeat 3 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › No more 3.5mm jack and DAC in headphones, will audio quality... 2 minutes ago
- › Shanling M5 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Official 2016 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 16, 2016, Wikia HQ 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 3 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Edifier P185 Headphones Hi-Fi Classic Earbud Style Earphones With... by flamerz
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by TravAndAlex
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by OSiRiSsk
- › DUNU DN-2002 by Brooko
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Aornic
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) the Duke by Zelda
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...