i only have 2, thinking of getting one more
Related Forum Threads
- What headphone/IEM should I get? Last post on 8/11/12 at 12:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones in ear or over ear Last post on 8/10/12 at 3:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Circumaural headphone pain Last post on 7/4/12 at 9:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones! Last post on 12/28/12 at 7:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- **Just got Denon d2000's** Last post on 5/1/12 at 5:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
thanks to it's overall sound quality, details are not even a problem with kdx200. you'll get back every detail you lost on cheaper models like Xiaomi Piston, Brainwavz M4-M5. and there's also some...
after M4 & Xiaomi Piston 2, i finally got a M5 to audition. i listened it for 2 days and here's my thoughts: soundstage is the same again. small in every aspect. bass, treble, vocals, mids...
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
How many pairs of headphones do you think someone would need? And what purpose does each pair hold?post #1 of 157/4/11 at 10:10amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 157/4/11 at 10:32ampost #3 of 157/4/11 at 11:46am
2; one IEM for portable use and 1 full-size for home use. Personally, the only reason why I would want more than two is just to try different headphones, but they are not permanent residents.
Edited by zero7525 - 7/4/11 at 7:28pmpost #4 of 157/4/11 at 1:45pmAs of right now I have 2 full sized and also 2 customs and 1 iem. I have one main pair and the other to serve as a backup for both my rigs. The iem is used for watching videos only and not music.post #5 of 157/4/11 at 1:52pm
As many as you can manage.
I have different phones for different musics/purposes. I like a certain style and sound for movies and games. I have a pair just for electronica and bass type stuff. Another pair for things that involve more treble and vocals. I like having different pairs just to change the sound a bit and have a different feel on my head. I like to look at them. And I like having extras to loan to someone interested in trying/comparing, or just having people test them out. More the merrier! But my collection only has cloth-pad headphones. Kind of weird like that!
Very best,post #6 of 157/27/11 at 9:42ampost #7 of 157/27/11 at 10:12am
For me, I'd like to have 3. An open can, for home listening when there's no one around to annoy. A closed can, for a transportable rig or when there are a lot of people around me and I want to keep the music quiet, and an IEM, for on-the-go listening and maximum isolation. Though I can really be happy with just a nice closed can most of the time.post #8 of 157/27/11 at 10:26am
I have 1 pair of IEMs, 1 pair of closed 'portable' over-ears and 1 pair of open home listening over-ears which are in regular use at the moment.
I use the IEMs when on the move, I use the closed over-ears at the office and when on holiday, etc., and the open headphones stay at home - they're my best headphones.
I can't see myself ever having more than this as I'm not really interested in having multiple headphones for different genres, etc. - though I can understand why people do this.post #9 of 157/27/11 at 1:50pmpost #10 of 157/27/11 at 4:06pm
I only need one pair of nice IEM's to do everything, but the seven I have planned is more fun.
A nice IEM for ultraportable situations, a beater IEM for mowing the lawn (I'd hate for something nice to somehow fall out and get shredded, which would totally happen to me), a portable headphone for a transportable rig (Z1000), a closed bassy headphone (XB1000), a liquid sounding headphone for jazz (W1000X), an open, airy headphone (SA5000), and a headphone good for rock and metal (either AD2000 or RS1). Maybe I'm crazy, but the whole set is only 1.5 times the price of an LCD-2 that I wouldn't be nearly as happy with. Different strokes.post #11 of 157/27/11 at 4:25pmpost #12 of 157/27/11 at 5:17pmpost #13 of 157/27/11 at 5:43pmpost #14 of 157/27/11 at 5:52pmpost #15 of 157/27/11 at 5:52pmI've got it down to about a dozen. Might sell off four or five pairs, but I'm not sure yet. I like having them around and they don't take up much space.
The speakers are a different matter. I think there are six pairs, though my parents have taken control of the AMTs and another pair doesn't have cabinets yet. Though I think that will work out. I should be into a house within a year and plan to deploy three or four systems. It'll be fun.
- How many pairs of headphones do you think someone would need? And what purpose does each pair hold?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › [REVIEW] MEElectronics M-DUO: The Treasured IEMs Under $100 50 seconds ago
- › Headphone recommendations that are good at gaming and music around... 56 seconds ago
- › Fiio X3/X5 vs. Ipod 5.5G + Fiio e12 1 minute ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › O2 powerful enough for HD600? 1 minute ago
- › Synergistic Research HOT device 1 minute ago
- › Android Music Combination: Samsung Galaxy S5 + 128GB MicroSD +... 2 minutes ago
- › etymotic er4 3 minutes ago
- › Velodyne vPulse Review - Bass lovers rejoice!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)