i only have 2, thinking of getting one more
Related Forum Threads
- "The Lab" Last post on Today at 9:04 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What headphone/IEM should I get? Last post on 8/11/12 at 12:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones in ear or over ear Last post on 8/10/12 at 3:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Circumaural headphone pain Last post on 7/4/12 at 9:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones! Last post on 12/28/12 at 7:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
How many pairs of headphones do you think someone would need? And what purpose does each pair hold?post #1 of 157/4/11 at 10:10amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 157/4/11 at 10:32ampost #3 of 157/4/11 at 11:46am
2; one IEM for portable use and 1 full-size for home use. Personally, the only reason why I would want more than two is just to try different headphones, but they are not permanent residents.
Edited by zero7525 - 7/4/11 at 7:28pmpost #4 of 157/4/11 at 1:45pmAs of right now I have 2 full sized and also 2 customs and 1 iem. I have one main pair and the other to serve as a backup for both my rigs. The iem is used for watching videos only and not music.post #5 of 157/4/11 at 1:52pm
As many as you can manage.
I have different phones for different musics/purposes. I like a certain style and sound for movies and games. I have a pair just for electronica and bass type stuff. Another pair for things that involve more treble and vocals. I like having different pairs just to change the sound a bit and have a different feel on my head. I like to look at them. And I like having extras to loan to someone interested in trying/comparing, or just having people test them out. More the merrier! But my collection only has cloth-pad headphones. Kind of weird like that!
Very best,post #6 of 157/27/11 at 9:42ampost #7 of 157/27/11 at 10:12am
For me, I'd like to have 3. An open can, for home listening when there's no one around to annoy. A closed can, for a transportable rig or when there are a lot of people around me and I want to keep the music quiet, and an IEM, for on-the-go listening and maximum isolation. Though I can really be happy with just a nice closed can most of the time.post #8 of 157/27/11 at 10:26am
I have 1 pair of IEMs, 1 pair of closed 'portable' over-ears and 1 pair of open home listening over-ears which are in regular use at the moment.
I use the IEMs when on the move, I use the closed over-ears at the office and when on holiday, etc., and the open headphones stay at home - they're my best headphones.
I can't see myself ever having more than this as I'm not really interested in having multiple headphones for different genres, etc. - though I can understand why people do this.post #9 of 157/27/11 at 1:50pmpost #10 of 157/27/11 at 4:06pm
I only need one pair of nice IEM's to do everything, but the seven I have planned is more fun.
A nice IEM for ultraportable situations, a beater IEM for mowing the lawn (I'd hate for something nice to somehow fall out and get shredded, which would totally happen to me), a portable headphone for a transportable rig (Z1000), a closed bassy headphone (XB1000), a liquid sounding headphone for jazz (W1000X), an open, airy headphone (SA5000), and a headphone good for rock and metal (either AD2000 or RS1). Maybe I'm crazy, but the whole set is only 1.5 times the price of an LCD-2 that I wouldn't be nearly as happy with. Different strokes.post #11 of 157/27/11 at 4:25pmpost #12 of 157/27/11 at 5:17pmpost #13 of 157/27/11 at 5:43pmpost #14 of 157/27/11 at 5:52pmpost #15 of 157/27/11 at 5:52pmI've got it down to about a dozen. Might sell off four or five pairs, but I'm not sure yet. I like having them around and they don't take up much space.
The speakers are a different matter. I think there are six pairs, though my parents have taken control of the AMTs and another pair doesn't have cabinets yet. Though I think that will work out. I should be into a house within a year and plan to deploy three or four systems. It'll be fun.
- How many pairs of headphones do you think someone would need? And what purpose does each pair hold?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 1 minute ago
- › Grado e Series 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (#8, #7, #6 reviewed, 5... 4 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 5 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 6 minutes ago
- › New release - the AKG K553 Pro - featuring a killer Massdrop deal 7 minutes ago
- › hfb - Bounce House - chat aka shtpost central 7 minutes ago
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)