Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › Did I hear you say you want an SPL Phonitor?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Did I hear you say you want an SPL Phonitor? - Page 7

post #91 of 245
See all it takes to break out the lurkers is giving away a $2000 amp tongue.gif
post #92 of 245

I mostly lurk, lest everyone think I'm a fool. But seriously, I've learned a lot here just by lurking. I don't post much, but I'm on the site a lot.

post #93 of 245

I have also wanted to try this beast for a long time. I do not think there are any Phonitors in my country at all. We haven't had any at our meets so far.

post #94 of 245

Anyone can help me? Why cannot I add my shout in the Facebook page? I'm logged in, I see lots of shouts in the comments, but there is no comments entry field at the bottom where I could add my shout… :(

post #95 of 245

^ You should "Like" it first then you can shout ...

post #96 of 245

I have posted my required comment on the Wall, but I don't know how to Shout?  what is Shout actually?  sorry, I'm not a heavy facebooker.

 

Anyone can tell me what is Shout and how to Shout?

post #97 of 245

It Looks pretty cool! :D

post #98 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBull View Post

I have posted my required comment on the Wall, but I don't know how to Shout?  what is Shout actually?  sorry, I'm not a heavy facebooker.

 

Anyone can tell me what is Shout and how to Shout?



There is no 'shout' function on Facebook. You just have to do what was said in the original post.

post #99 of 245

Oh, and to clarify: Any message in CAPS LOCK is considered a shout in general (i.e. not just on Facebook). 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBull View Post

I have posted my required comment on the Wall, but I don't know how to Shout?  what is Shout actually?  sorry, I'm not a heavy facebooker.

 

Anyone can tell me what is Shout and how to Shout?


 

 

post #100 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Defender View Post

I would love to enter this contest, but call me cynical (realistic) I assume the winner isn't going to be chosen at random. If I'm right the irony will be thick, but I can only assume the winner will be a prolific poster, has plenty of gear to test it against and writes plenty of reviews. Why would it be any other way, but the irony stems from the fact that such an individual will already have so many toys and perhaps the disposable income available to purchase such a wonderful piece of equipment anyway if they wanted to do so.

 

The idealist in me would like to think that some less well healed member who really could use such a fantastic prize would have a chance. I think SPL should have posted their screening criteria ahead of time. Not that what they have asked to do was any inconvenience at all, far from it, but it would be nice to know who the ideal candidate they are looking to award this prize to would be.

 

Regardless of my post, as others have said, I think it is a very generous offer, just don't give it to somebody with money! They can afford to buy it anyway, let somebody with less have a chance. I have always commented that the well off are constantly given plenty for free because everybody wishes to win their favour. Sort of ironic isn't it? Good luck everyone.


 

From reading the first post, it doesn't seem to be random, but I also have a feeling that someone with a ton of amps won't get it either, because they're in the position to be able purchase it themselves and therefore, SPL gets the money from the purchase. I have a feeling that it'll either be a starving student or another member that would greatly appreciate it immediately (Have something more than M50's or other entry level headphone) but cannot justify buying a $2000 amp.

 

But I don't know. I'd love to win an amp like this more than anything because I'd never be able to afford this without saving for years, but I don't know how this works. Best of luck to all!

post #101 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post

See all it takes to break out the lurkers is giving away a $2000 amp tongue.gif


Pretty much. ^^

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible View Post

I have a feeling that it'll either be a starving student or another member that would greatly appreciate it immediately (Have something more than M50's or other entry level headphone) but cannot justify buying a $2000 amp.
 


I do hope you're right!

 

post #102 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible View Post




 

From reading the first post, it doesn't seem to be random, but I also have a feeling that someone with a ton of amps won't get it either, because they're in the position to be able purchase it themselves and therefore, SPL gets the money from the purchase. I have a feeling that it'll either be a starving student or another member that would greatly appreciate it immediately (Have something more than M50's or other entry level headphone) but cannot justify buying a $2000 amp.

 

But I don't know. I'd love to win an amp like this more than anything because I'd never be able to afford this without saving for years, but I don't know how this works. Best of luck to all!

I need to edit my sig and leave out everything except Millet SS and HD555 :D

hehe j/k
 

 

post #103 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Sup View Post



I need to edit my sig and leave out everything except Millet SS and HD555 :D

hehe j/k
 

 

 

I looked again at my profile and I realized I have way too many headphones...I could use the "prove how transparent the amp is in regards to synergy" card for my "why should I get this" reason haha

 

post #104 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible View Post

From reading the first post, it doesn't seem to be random, but I also have a feeling that someone with a ton of amps won't get it either, because they're in the position to be able purchase it themselves and therefore, SPL gets the money from the purchase. I have a feeling that it'll either be a starving student or another member that would greatly appreciate it immediately (Have something more than M50's or other entry level headphone) but cannot justify buying a $2000 amp.

 

But I don't know. I'd love to win an amp like this more than anything because I'd never be able to afford this without saving for years, but I don't know how this works. Best of luck to all!


Not always.  I have a lot of gear, but no new cash flow to buy anything more, unless I sell something first.  Being a pack-rat I can't think of much I'd be comfortable selling, but that's another story for later.  I'd still like to win this and post my thoughts on it, and I'd likely keep it like everything else.

 

post #105 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict View Post




Not always.  I have a lot of gear, but no new cash flow to buy anything more, unless I sell something first.  Being a pack-rat I can't think of much I'd be comfortable selling, but that's another story for later.  I'd still like to win this and post my thoughts on it, and I'd likely keep it like everything else.

 

 

Well of course there are anomalies, and I'm the same...I can't even part with stuff I don't use... And I'm not saying people that can afford it don't deserve it, but this, like with the LCD-2 thing (has anything happened with that?) , would be awesome if it went to someone who'd never even consider getting a Phonitor.
 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › Did I hear you say you want an SPL Phonitor?