My set up is as follows:
Source: Marantz SA7001
Amp: Carver AV-405 (100W into 8 ohms)
Speaker: Jamo 507 floor stander (100W 8 ohms)
I am generally pleased with my setup, details and frequency balance are fine, however I don't get good imaging, I did quite a bit of experiment with speaker placement, but I am still getting of a wall of sound.
Room size is about 18'x24', however from the listening couch to the wall (where the speaker is) is only about 8'. Between the back wall and the listening couch is about 13'. I can push the speaker out of the wall for about 2', there are with TV and stuffs in between the speakers. The distance between the speakers are about 6', the distance between me and the speakers are a bit shorter than that. Walls, floors and ceiling are concrete, fairly heavily furnished.
Now I am not sure if:
- I have too much expectation on my system
- I need to get a carpet on the floor between me and the speakers
- I should place the current speakers closer together (this requires rather major furniture movements)
- The floorstanders are too large for the listening distance
- Switching to a pair of bookshelves speakers will help in the current speaker placement
- I need to get a pair of bookshelves speakers and place them closer to each other at the same time
Any advise will be appreciated.
Edited by Navyblue - 7/2/11 at 2:15pm