Thanks for the reply. Do you need to install extra drivers to use it on a Mac?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryDACstagged by System, 6/22/12
- categoryDedicated Source Componentstagged by System, 6/22/12
- productHRT Music Streamer II High Resolution USB D/A Convertertagged by System, 6/22/12
- productTeac UDH01-B D/A Converter with USB Audio Interfacetagged by System, 6/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- opinions on 3 dacs i have choice of Last post on 7/4/12 at 9:19am in Computer Audio
- Help finding DAC for Stax Lambda Pro Last post on 8/24/12 at 11:27pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Asgard + Which DAC? Need advice on decent pairing Last post on 8/22/12 at 3:28pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Need a good dac for HD 598 and fiio e11 Last post on 7/24/12 at 9:57pm in Dedicated Source Components
- HRT MusicStreamer II with Headphones Last post on 7/22/12 at 5:17pm in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
Vibro Labs - Maya Review November 2016 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Firstly a thanks to Ejong7 & Luke Pighetti @ Vibro labs for...
The Tri-Vista 21 was a limited edition DAC sold in late 2004, early 2005. It was massively overbuilt - great power supply and output stage, and ran extremely long life 5703 milspec tubes, which are...
This headphone has a quite good sound quality for its price. Its sound is very clear, the mids and highs are well detailled. The bass is tight but some recordings sound lacking bass. It needed a...
Gratitude and greetings go out to RHA Team and @Glassmonkey - thank you so much for giving me the...
Recently got ordered these Mee AudioRunaway on-ear headphones as I had some wellness program points that were going to expire. I have had the MEE audio M-Duo Dual Dynamic Driver In-Ear Headphones...
TEAC UD-H01 USB DAC - Page 12
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #167 of 35712/8/13 at 12:14pmpost #168 of 35712/8/13 at 4:48pm
I wasn't impressed with the built-in amp but I was comparing it to the Mjolnir. Both the HE-500 and modified T50RPs sounded weak in comparison. That's why I installed the TA2024 amplifier board in my UD-H01. You might not know how much bass you're missing at higher volume unless you hear the TEAC connected to a more powerful amp.post #169 of 35712/8/13 at 4:51pmpost #170 of 35712/9/13 at 5:55pmpost #171 of 35712/9/13 at 7:16pmpost #172 of 35712/9/13 at 7:27pmpost #173 of 35712/9/13 at 8:02pmWell it sounds really good. But the USB interface is a bit buggy unless you have your computer set to full power. TEAC hasnt provided any driver updates in about a year which bothers me. I havent had any crashes in a while but I dont feel secure. For now Im using the TosLink for my Notebook and Coax connection for my CD Player which works fine.
Oh and my headphones are Beyerdynamic T90 250 ohm. Which sound amazing.
Edited by TJ Max - 12/9/13 at 8:05pmpost #174 of 35712/9/13 at 8:05pm
I have the Beyerdynamic DT 990 600 Ohm and Custom One Pros. Does the built in amp work well with the T90s? I'm not very concerned about the driver problems as I have a Mac which works driverless with USB DACs. But I've read about the nightmare with PC drivers for this.post #175 of 35712/9/13 at 8:10pmpost #176 of 35712/9/13 at 8:18pm
Is the fact that the DAC upscales everything to 192kHz a problem? It seems like it would degrade audio quality. I've read that the sample rate shouldn't be upsampled or downsampled. And thanks for the comments, it's very nice to hear that you like it.post #177 of 35712/9/13 at 9:27pmQuote:
Well thats a controversial question. Everyone will have a different point of view. To my ears nothing sounds wrong. I suppose if the conversion is done correctly there shouldnt be a degrading of sound. Teac advertises that up conversion eleminates problems such as jitter in bit perfect output. I dont have enough knowlege about that to agree or disagree.post #178 of 35712/17/13 at 5:54ampost #179 of 35712/17/13 at 7:36amQuote:
Did you go into device manager and unckeck "All the computer to Turn off this device" under the USB controller and hub that the DAC is connected too? Also make sure you have the latest driver for the Teac and that you .NET Framwork is up to date. You may also have disable any power saving mode in your power settings.post #180 of 35712/17/13 at 10:17amHi tj,
Tried everything you suggested accept .net update just doing that now will let you know
Thank you for responding it is so annoying that it just stops playing after 30mins
Edited by Atjt - 12/17/13 at 10:34am
- TEAC UD-H01 USB DAC
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Comply tip size for KZ ATE 17 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 59 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › Trinity Audio - Phantom Master 4 Review Tour 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-2 SE 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 4 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 4 minutes ago
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear