Thanks for the reply. Do you need to install extra drivers to use it on a Mac?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryDACstagged by System, 6/22/12
- categoryDedicated Source Componentstagged by System, 6/22/12
- productHRT Music Streamer II High Resolution USB D/A Convertertagged by System, 6/22/12
- productTeac UDH01-B D/A Converter with USB Audio Interfacetagged by System, 6/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- opinions on 3 dacs i have choice of Last post on 7/4/12 at 9:19am in Computer Audio
- Help finding DAC for Stax Lambda Pro Last post on 8/24/12 at 11:27pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Asgard + Which DAC? Need advice on decent pairing Last post on 8/22/12 at 3:28pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Need a good dac for HD 598 and fiio e11 Last post on 7/24/12 at 9:57pm in Dedicated Source Components
- HRT MusicStreamer II with Headphones Last post on 7/22/12 at 5:17pm in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
TEAC UD-H01 USB DAC - Page 12
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #167 of 36212/8/13 at 12:14pmpost #168 of 36212/8/13 at 4:48pm
I wasn't impressed with the built-in amp but I was comparing it to the Mjolnir. Both the HE-500 and modified T50RPs sounded weak in comparison. That's why I installed the TA2024 amplifier board in my UD-H01. You might not know how much bass you're missing at higher volume unless you hear the TEAC connected to a more powerful amp.post #169 of 36212/8/13 at 4:51pmpost #170 of 36212/9/13 at 5:55pmpost #171 of 36212/9/13 at 7:16pmpost #172 of 36212/9/13 at 7:27pmpost #173 of 36212/9/13 at 8:02pmWell it sounds really good. But the USB interface is a bit buggy unless you have your computer set to full power. TEAC hasnt provided any driver updates in about a year which bothers me. I havent had any crashes in a while but I dont feel secure. For now Im using the TosLink for my Notebook and Coax connection for my CD Player which works fine.
Oh and my headphones are Beyerdynamic T90 250 ohm. Which sound amazing.
Edited by TJ Max - 12/9/13 at 8:05pmpost #174 of 36212/9/13 at 8:05pm
I have the Beyerdynamic DT 990 600 Ohm and Custom One Pros. Does the built in amp work well with the T90s? I'm not very concerned about the driver problems as I have a Mac which works driverless with USB DACs. But I've read about the nightmare with PC drivers for this.post #175 of 36212/9/13 at 8:10pmpost #176 of 36212/9/13 at 8:18pm
Is the fact that the DAC upscales everything to 192kHz a problem? It seems like it would degrade audio quality. I've read that the sample rate shouldn't be upsampled or downsampled. And thanks for the comments, it's very nice to hear that you like it.post #177 of 36212/9/13 at 9:27pmQuote:
Well thats a controversial question. Everyone will have a different point of view. To my ears nothing sounds wrong. I suppose if the conversion is done correctly there shouldnt be a degrading of sound. Teac advertises that up conversion eleminates problems such as jitter in bit perfect output. I dont have enough knowlege about that to agree or disagree.post #178 of 36212/17/13 at 5:54ampost #179 of 36212/17/13 at 7:36amQuote:
Did you go into device manager and unckeck "All the computer to Turn off this device" under the USB controller and hub that the DAC is connected too? Also make sure you have the latest driver for the Teac and that you .NET Framwork is up to date. You may also have disable any power saving mode in your power settings.post #180 of 36212/17/13 at 10:17amHi tj,
Tried everything you suggested accept .net update just doing that now will let you know
Thank you for responding it is so annoying that it just stops playing after 30mins
Edited by Atjt - 12/17/13 at 10:34am
- TEAC UD-H01 USB DAC
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Music Game IX 21 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › New DIY Altoids Tin Amp - The Class A "Wintergreen Handwarmer" by... 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 1 minute ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 4 minutes ago
- › ZMF Ori Pads 4 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear