Since I joined the site when the original thread was already hundreds of pages, I'm stoked to be able to see this thread from its inception. My sr60is are still my only venture in to the hi-fi world so I'm holding off on moding them, but I bet eventually I will...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 7/27/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by System, 8/22/11
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF-2 Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/11
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 8/22/11
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- A Grado Head With A Fostex Fetish Last post on 8/1/12 at 6:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does Grado Labs take to repair headphones? Last post on 4/20/11 at 6:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's inside the Grado cable? Last post on 6/28/11 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- American Craftsmanship? Last post on 6/14/11 at 8:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado soundstage Last post on 10/5/11 at 11:03am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Many thanks to Venture Electronics for the VE Monk review sample! Product website: http://eng.52ve.cn/product.php?cm_id=205 I haven't been using earbud for quite a long time since my...
INTRODUCTION: The Havit H91DJ is a budget over-ear headphone with a warm signature. Sound quality is very impressive considering the low cost. The value of these headphones is quite high,...
Intro: SoundFoundations, is a company which manufactures accessories like racks, stands, and vibration control & custom cables. It is based in India. SoundFoundations is known in India for...
Introduction I would like to start this review off by saying thank you to the folks at Pro-Ject Audio systems for lending me a pair of their brand new Hear-it-One headphones....
Preamble: Before I start with my review, I’d like to thank Vivian from DUNU-Topsound for providing me with a sample of the DN-2000J for my evaluation. My review reflects my actual honest opinion...
SR60-Mod part II - Page 4post #46 of 33367/1/11 at 11:23am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 33367/1/11 at 11:24amThread Starterpost #48 of 33367/1/11 at 11:29am
To be honest, it doesnt seem like alot of info to grab.
1. open cups - explain.
2. poke holes - explain
3. dynamat, felt - explain
4. liberate - explain
5. wood cups - explain.
Quote:post #49 of 33367/1/11 at 11:34amQuote:
Yes, I'll take care of you. In the mail on Saturday A.M.
post #50 of 33367/1/11 at 11:41ampost #51 of 33367/1/11 at 11:45amQuote:
A bit more actually.
7. Detachable stereo/mono
8. Headband and Rod Blocks
10. Metal Cups
11. Carbon Fiber Cups
12. Different types of Foams (think theres a link to an article somewhere which had side by side comparisons)
13. Rod Locks
post #52 of 33367/1/11 at 11:54am
It would almost seem easier to just ask a mod not to delete the thread.
Quote:post #53 of 33367/1/11 at 12:04pm
I think one of the most helpful things would be to copy the intro of the original thread where Bila is giving a walk through of opening up the Grados and doing the basic mods and put that as the intro to this thread along with a short write up. I know the first page or two are what helped me the most on the original thread.post #54 of 33367/1/11 at 12:10pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by wildcat46734
I think one of the most helpful things would be to copy the intro of the original thread where Bila is giving a walk through of opening up the Grados and doing the basic mods and put that as the intro to this thread along with a short write up. I know the first page or two are what helped me the most on the original thread.
Perhaps Bila would be willing to do the work?post #55 of 33367/1/11 at 12:21pmpost #56 of 33367/1/11 at 12:36pm
Just got back from the store with $3 of "Handi Tak" (not quite Blu-Tack..) and $3 for 12 3M sticky adhesive felt stickers. Popped on one felt sticker to each driver to start off with. Just started In Absentia - Porcupine Tree to test it outpost #57 of 33367/1/11 at 12:39pm
What is your guys opinions on balancing? How well would it work to reterminate a Grado SR80i with two 3 pin XLR plugs and purchase a Little Dot Balanced amp? What would the benefits be and am I forgetting anything?post #58 of 33367/1/11 at 12:43pmQuote:
To me, it seems like a lot of work for a lowly-set of headphones. If you had something a bit further up the food chain, then it would be worth your efforts. Then again, if you were to perform this mod to a pair of SR-80i headphones and later upgraded, you could just essently take the cable over to the new headphones and be good to go.
post #59 of 33367/1/11 at 12:47pm
- SR60-Mod part II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The t096z REVIEW - Torque's Flagship IEM 5 seconds ago
- › Budget Portable Source Player 49 seconds ago
- › Torque t402v supra/circumaural headphone tour - Reviewers wanted! 1 minute ago
- › [Price reduced] Schiit Modi/Magni stack 3 minutes ago
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 3 minutes ago
- › Good Starter Headphone Dacs 3 minutes ago
- › 4th Annual San Diego Head-Fi Meet: Saturday, November 7th, 2015 3 minutes ago
- › Hiii Head-Fiers! Glad to Join the Community! 3 minutes ago
- › Official NYC area / Regional Fall meet, November 14th, 2015 -... 4 minutes ago
- › Hottest Sonic Electronix deals and promotions. 4 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › DUNU DN-2000J by HiFiChris
- › MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation by HiFiChris
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by hakushondaimao
- › Creative T4W 2.1 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker System by BloodyPenguin
- › G430 Gaming Headset by themastercheif
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by themastercheif
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2