Since I joined the site when the original thread was already hundreds of pages, I'm stoked to be able to see this thread from its inception. My sr60is are still my only venture in to the hi-fi world so I'm holding off on moding them, but I bet eventually I will...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 7/27/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by System, 8/22/11
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF2 Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/11
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 8/22/11
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- A Grado Head With A Fostex Fetish Last post on 8/1/12 at 6:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does Grado Labs take to repair headphones? Last post on 4/20/11 at 6:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's inside the Grado cable? Last post on 6/28/11 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- American Craftsmanship? Last post on 6/14/11 at 8:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado soundstage Last post on 10/5/11 at 11:03am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I recently got the AK 100 II after dabbling with a phone based stack. Alternate setup: Samsung Galaxy S5 FIIO E18 + PowerAmp Pro (Cost: 2.99€) + iSyncr (Cost: 3.99€) + Stream to...
After an extensive search online for a replacement for my very good Schiit Bifrost, I settled on the Dacmini, in part from comments here on Head-Fi, and the fact that Stereophile has had it as a...
DUNU DN-2000 Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/728105/dunu-dn-2000-review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Brief: DUNU take’s it to the top. Price: US$316 or £186...
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
SR60-Mod part II - Page 4post #46 of 33267/1/11 at 11:23am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 33267/1/11 at 11:24amThread Starterpost #48 of 33267/1/11 at 11:29am
To be honest, it doesnt seem like alot of info to grab.
1. open cups - explain.
2. poke holes - explain
3. dynamat, felt - explain
4. liberate - explain
5. wood cups - explain.
Quote:post #49 of 33267/1/11 at 11:34amQuote:
Yes, I'll take care of you. In the mail on Saturday A.M.
post #50 of 33267/1/11 at 11:41ampost #51 of 33267/1/11 at 11:45amQuote:
A bit more actually.
7. Detachable stereo/mono
8. Headband and Rod Blocks
10. Metal Cups
11. Carbon Fiber Cups
12. Different types of Foams (think theres a link to an article somewhere which had side by side comparisons)
13. Rod Locks
post #52 of 33267/1/11 at 11:54am
It would almost seem easier to just ask a mod not to delete the thread.
Quote:post #53 of 33267/1/11 at 12:04pm
I think one of the most helpful things would be to copy the intro of the original thread where Bila is giving a walk through of opening up the Grados and doing the basic mods and put that as the intro to this thread along with a short write up. I know the first page or two are what helped me the most on the original thread.post #54 of 33267/1/11 at 12:10pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by wildcat46734
I think one of the most helpful things would be to copy the intro of the original thread where Bila is giving a walk through of opening up the Grados and doing the basic mods and put that as the intro to this thread along with a short write up. I know the first page or two are what helped me the most on the original thread.
Perhaps Bila would be willing to do the work?post #55 of 33267/1/11 at 12:21pmpost #56 of 33267/1/11 at 12:36pm
Just got back from the store with $3 of "Handi Tak" (not quite Blu-Tack..) and $3 for 12 3M sticky adhesive felt stickers. Popped on one felt sticker to each driver to start off with. Just started In Absentia - Porcupine Tree to test it outpost #57 of 33267/1/11 at 12:39pm
What is your guys opinions on balancing? How well would it work to reterminate a Grado SR80i with two 3 pin XLR plugs and purchase a Little Dot Balanced amp? What would the benefits be and am I forgetting anything?post #58 of 33267/1/11 at 12:43pmQuote:
To me, it seems like a lot of work for a lowly-set of headphones. If you had something a bit further up the food chain, then it would be worth your efforts. Then again, if you were to perform this mod to a pair of SR-80i headphones and later upgraded, you could just essently take the cable over to the new headphones and be good to go.
post #59 of 33267/1/11 at 12:47pm
- SR60-Mod part II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › MP3 vs. FLAC 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › [ T-PEOS ] Announce Releasing Altone200 and Start Preorder Limitedly 2 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones you regretted buying the most 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite! 3 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 3 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 4 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › CEntrance DACmini CX by joespride
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by mark2410
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)