Since I joined the site when the original thread was already hundreds of pages, I'm stoked to be able to see this thread from its inception. My sr60is are still my only venture in to the hi-fi world so I'm holding off on moding them, but I bet eventually I will...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 7/27/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by System, 8/22/11
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF-2 Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/11
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 8/22/11
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- A Grado Head With A Fostex Fetish Last post on 8/1/12 at 6:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does Grado Labs take to repair headphones? Last post on 4/20/11 at 6:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's inside the Grado cable? Last post on 6/28/11 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- American Craftsmanship? Last post on 6/14/11 at 8:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado soundstage Last post on 10/5/11 at 11:03am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Acknowledgment Thanks to @Tony-Hifi of HiFi headphones for making me review this desktop DAC/Amp as a favour. I love reviewing loaners, but it’s always sad to package and send them off...
Hi Head-Fi/Vibro Labs fans, I was the second stop on the Aria tour, and I've had a great week reviewing them. This post will contain some of my thoughts and impressions, and I'll be touching on...
Ok I have been using a pair of these for several years. I logged on because there are way too many positive reviews of these things. Firstly: everything I mix on these is significantly...
Never thought this day would come but I guess blunders are inevitable. There is no denying the Beyerdynamic T5p is one attractive looking Headphone, I think it's among the most beautiful and...
I didn't have much expectations when i ordered this headphone from GearBest back in january 2016..it took around 3 weeks to arrive and the packaging was simple. The moment i unpacked the box i got...
SR60-Mod part II - Page 4post #46 of 33417/1/11 at 11:23am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 33417/1/11 at 11:24amThread Starterpost #48 of 33417/1/11 at 11:29am
To be honest, it doesnt seem like alot of info to grab.
1. open cups - explain.
2. poke holes - explain
3. dynamat, felt - explain
4. liberate - explain
5. wood cups - explain.
Quote:post #49 of 33417/1/11 at 11:34amQuote:
Yes, I'll take care of you. In the mail on Saturday A.M.
post #50 of 33417/1/11 at 11:41ampost #51 of 33417/1/11 at 11:45amQuote:
A bit more actually.
7. Detachable stereo/mono
8. Headband and Rod Blocks
10. Metal Cups
11. Carbon Fiber Cups
12. Different types of Foams (think theres a link to an article somewhere which had side by side comparisons)
13. Rod Locks
post #52 of 33417/1/11 at 11:54am
It would almost seem easier to just ask a mod not to delete the thread.
Quote:post #53 of 33417/1/11 at 12:04pm
I think one of the most helpful things would be to copy the intro of the original thread where Bila is giving a walk through of opening up the Grados and doing the basic mods and put that as the intro to this thread along with a short write up. I know the first page or two are what helped me the most on the original thread.post #54 of 33417/1/11 at 12:10pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by wildcat46734
I think one of the most helpful things would be to copy the intro of the original thread where Bila is giving a walk through of opening up the Grados and doing the basic mods and put that as the intro to this thread along with a short write up. I know the first page or two are what helped me the most on the original thread.
Perhaps Bila would be willing to do the work?post #55 of 33417/1/11 at 12:21pmpost #56 of 33417/1/11 at 12:36pm
Just got back from the store with $3 of "Handi Tak" (not quite Blu-Tack..) and $3 for 12 3M sticky adhesive felt stickers. Popped on one felt sticker to each driver to start off with. Just started In Absentia - Porcupine Tree to test it outpost #57 of 33417/1/11 at 12:39pm
What is your guys opinions on balancing? How well would it work to reterminate a Grado SR80i with two 3 pin XLR plugs and purchase a Little Dot Balanced amp? What would the benefits be and am I forgetting anything?post #58 of 33417/1/11 at 12:43pmQuote:
To me, it seems like a lot of work for a lowly-set of headphones. If you had something a bit further up the food chain, then it would be worth your efforts. Then again, if you were to perform this mod to a pair of SR-80i headphones and later upgraded, you could just essently take the cable over to the new headphones and be good to go.
post #59 of 33417/1/11 at 12:47pm
- SR60-Mod part II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true? 4 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 41 seconds ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 48 seconds ago
- › 3D printed closed headphones with HD800 driver 2 minutes ago
- › Koss Portapro Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Win A FiiO DK1 (Multifunction Dock) with Your Comments---- A Harbor... 5 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio – A force to be reckoned with 8 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 9 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 10 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA600i "Current Mode Amplification" Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Talai
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...