Since I joined the site when the original thread was already hundreds of pages, I'm stoked to be able to see this thread from its inception. My sr60is are still my only venture in to the hi-fi world so I'm holding off on moding them, but I bet eventually I will...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 7/27/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by System, 8/22/11
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF-2 Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/11
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 8/22/11
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- A Grado Head With A Fostex Fetish Last post on 8/1/12 at 6:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does Grado Labs take to repair headphones? Last post on 4/20/11 at 6:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's inside the Grado cable? Last post on 6/28/11 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- American Craftsmanship? Last post on 6/14/11 at 8:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado soundstage Last post on 10/5/11 at 11:03am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction I have owned these headphones for four years now. These were my first decent pair that I researched before buying. Before this I had just bought inexpensive headphones that happened...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we're going to be checking out a wireless Bluetooth speaker from Archeer, the A320. Archeer sells a pretty wide variety of products like cellphone cases, headphones,...
Introduction – Everyone knows earbuds, those cheap, tinny sounding throwaways included with almost every mp3 player. So then, it may come as a surprise that earbuds are making a comeback and not...
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
SR60-Mod part II - Page 4post #46 of 33437/1/11 at 11:23am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 33437/1/11 at 11:24amThread Starterpost #48 of 33437/1/11 at 11:29am
To be honest, it doesnt seem like alot of info to grab.
1. open cups - explain.
2. poke holes - explain
3. dynamat, felt - explain
4. liberate - explain
5. wood cups - explain.
Quote:post #49 of 33437/1/11 at 11:34amQuote:
Yes, I'll take care of you. In the mail on Saturday A.M.
post #50 of 33437/1/11 at 11:41ampost #51 of 33437/1/11 at 11:45amQuote:
A bit more actually.
7. Detachable stereo/mono
8. Headband and Rod Blocks
10. Metal Cups
11. Carbon Fiber Cups
12. Different types of Foams (think theres a link to an article somewhere which had side by side comparisons)
13. Rod Locks
post #52 of 33437/1/11 at 11:54am
It would almost seem easier to just ask a mod not to delete the thread.
Quote:post #53 of 33437/1/11 at 12:04pm
I think one of the most helpful things would be to copy the intro of the original thread where Bila is giving a walk through of opening up the Grados and doing the basic mods and put that as the intro to this thread along with a short write up. I know the first page or two are what helped me the most on the original thread.post #54 of 33437/1/11 at 12:10pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by wildcat46734
I think one of the most helpful things would be to copy the intro of the original thread where Bila is giving a walk through of opening up the Grados and doing the basic mods and put that as the intro to this thread along with a short write up. I know the first page or two are what helped me the most on the original thread.
Perhaps Bila would be willing to do the work?post #55 of 33437/1/11 at 12:21pmpost #56 of 33437/1/11 at 12:36pm
Just got back from the store with $3 of "Handi Tak" (not quite Blu-Tack..) and $3 for 12 3M sticky adhesive felt stickers. Popped on one felt sticker to each driver to start off with. Just started In Absentia - Porcupine Tree to test it outpost #57 of 33437/1/11 at 12:39pm
What is your guys opinions on balancing? How well would it work to reterminate a Grado SR80i with two 3 pin XLR plugs and purchase a Little Dot Balanced amp? What would the benefits be and am I forgetting anything?post #58 of 33437/1/11 at 12:43pmQuote:
To me, it seems like a lot of work for a lowly-set of headphones. If you had something a bit further up the food chain, then it would be worth your efforts. Then again, if you were to perform this mod to a pair of SR-80i headphones and later upgraded, you could just essently take the cable over to the new headphones and be good to go.
post #59 of 33437/1/11 at 12:47pm
- SR60-Mod part II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 8 seconds ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 11 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 25 seconds ago
- › Prog rock 44 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 56 seconds ago
- › 2017 UK Head-Fi Meet (April 2nd @ Milton Keynes) 2 minutes ago
- › Plussound Audio Thread 2 minutes ago
- › WA22 let's roll some tubes (Done Mod, Burnning-in) 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K240 MKII Headphones by Napalmhardcore
- › ARCHEER 25W Bluetooth Home Speakers with Huge Bass and Superior... by B9Scrambler
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by ryanjsoo
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear