Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › SR60-Mod part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SR60-Mod part II - Page 215

post #3211 of 3326
Thanks!
post #3212 of 3326
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post
 

Could someone measure the front of the cup where the driver is? Thanks.

 

Are you asking about the older style of Grado, or the newer "i" version?  The newer "i" version will have a larger distance for the measurement you seek since the cups were redesigned.

post #3213 of 3326
Quote:
Originally Posted by wje View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post
 

Could someone measure the front of the cup where the driver is? Thanks.

 

Are you asking about the older style of Grado, or the newer "i" version?  The newer "i" version will have a larger distance for the measurement you seek since the cups were redesigned.

"i" version:)

post #3214 of 3326
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post
 

Could someone measure the front of the cup where the driver is? Thanks.

 

  • The distance from the area where the driver is, to the outer cup facing is 1 3/8"

 

  • The diameter of the outer cup that covers the driver is approximately 2 1/2"

 

Let me know if you need additional measurements.  These were taken from my Alessandro MS1i headphones, which are the same as the "i" version from Grado.  I would have posted the measurements last night, but didn't have my tape measure close by.

post #3215 of 3326

My ~12 year old grado SR80 mod:

 

BEFORE:

 

AFTER:

post #3216 of 3326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keopele19 View Post
 

My ~12 year old grado SR80 mod:

 

AFTER:

The plastic 'horseshoe' part of the headband on the right is attached the wrong way round.;)

post #3217 of 3326
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREQ View Post
 

The plastic 'horseshoe' part of the headband on the right is attached the wrong way round.;)

good eye thanks.

post #3218 of 3326
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREQ View Post
 

The plastic 'horseshoe' part of the headband on the right is attached the wrong way round.;)

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keopele19 View Post
 

good eye thanks.

 

That would be the gimbal.  And, yes, the dot / protrusion in the arc does go towards the ear side of the headphones.

 

 

I ordered 3 pair of the Sennheiser 414 pads that should arrive today.  I'm looking forward to doing the quarter mod and soaking the yellow pads in some RIT dye to get them darker.  It's been a couple of years since I've last done those tasks.


Edited by wje - 9/5/13 at 9:32am
post #3219 of 3326
Quote:
Originally Posted by wje View Post
 

 

 

 

That would be the gimbal.  And, yes, the dot / protrusion in the arc does go towards the ear side of the headphones.

 

 

I ordered 3 pair of the Sennheiser 414 pads that should arrive today.  I'm looking forward to doing the quarter mod and soaking the yellow pads in some RIT dye to get them darker.  It's been a couple of years since I've last done those tasks.

My SR225i's have that on both sides, assuming you're talking about the small protrusion at the apex of the gimbal arc.

post #3220 of 3326
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidzoo View Post
 

My SR225i's have that on both sides, assuming you're talking about the small protrusion at the apex of the gimbal arc.

 

Oh, yes.  My answer was only half correct.  If you look at the arc of the gimbal in the picture, the plastic is indented on each side of the protruding dot.  That is the indicator that the gimbal is installed incorrectly. 

 

Sorry for any confusion.  Since I'm always confused, should I apologize to myself, too?  :D

post #3221 of 3326

Ah, I see.  I hadn't noticed that part before.

post #3222 of 3326

How much does removing the middle logo (sr__ circle) affect the sound?

post #3223 of 3326
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKENEDPLAGUE View Post
 

How much does removing the middle logo (sr__ circle) affect the sound?

 

Basically nothing. 

post #3224 of 3326
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREQ View Post
 

 

Basically nothing. 

 

Plus, on the lower end models, one would basically have to hack up the plastic grill and replace it with metal mesh to get the buttons off of the sides.

post #3225 of 3326
Quote:
Originally Posted by wje View Post
 

Plus, on the lower end models, one would basically have to hack up the plastic grill and replace it with metal mesh to get the buttons off of the sides.

True - when I tried to take the buttons off my SR60i a few years ago, I ended up having to destroy the plastic 'grills' as they were practically welded with glue to the cups. 

I was happy to replace it with woven steel mesh later, but was surprised at how much glue there was holding the originals down. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › SR60-Mod part II