I have ath-ms50 right now. and i was quite happy with them. but i honestly can't wear them for that long before they start hurting. So im looking to buy another pair of cans. Please let me know what are the most comfortable headphones putting sound quality aside. Price isn't a big issue.
- productAKG K 271 Studiotagged by System, 7/5/11
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 7/5/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for advice new headphones for 400-450$ Last post on 7/31/11 at 2:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best match for Maverick Audio A1? Last post on 7/21/11 at 3:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- ad700s, akg k701-2, dt 880/700 Last post on 5/5/11 at 9:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Has nostalgia affected your purchase of a new set of headphones? Last post on 5/2/11 at 1:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
the most comfortable headphones?post #1 of 246/30/11 at 11:48amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 246/30/11 at 11:51ampost #3 of 246/30/11 at 11:53am
Audio Technica ATH-AD700s are quite comfortable as well, although they are open.
Edit - What do you dislike about the ATH-M50s? Do they clamp too tightly around your head?
Edited by vikman21 - 6/30/11 at 11:59ampost #4 of 246/30/11 at 11:54amThread Starterpost #5 of 246/30/11 at 11:55am
Out of all of my cans it is the AKG K271 using the felt pads. The headband is wide and does not have the ridges the K701/2 has, the ridges are often criticised for being uncomfortable. The self adjustment means a great fit without having to clamp the cans on. The large space inside the cans means cool ears.post #6 of 246/30/11 at 11:57ampost #7 of 246/30/11 at 1:55pmpost #8 of 246/30/11 at 2:01pmThread Starterpost #9 of 246/30/11 at 2:04pmpost #10 of 246/30/11 at 2:26pmpost #11 of 246/30/11 at 2:29pmpost #12 of 246/30/11 at 2:42pmpost #13 of 246/30/11 at 3:01pmpost #14 of 246/30/11 at 3:12pm
- the most comfortable headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 17 seconds ago
- › Suggestions for a new Portable Rig 58 seconds ago
- › HE400+Magni/modi combo 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for Clarity 5 minutes ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › Brother in law stubborn and ignorant about headphones 7 minutes ago
- › Westerville Fall meet. 7 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 9 minutes ago
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)