I have ath-ms50 right now. and i was quite happy with them. but i honestly can't wear them for that long before they start hurting. So im looking to buy another pair of cans. Please let me know what are the most comfortable headphones putting sound quality aside. Price isn't a big issue.
- productAKG K 271 Studiotagged by System, 7/5/11
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 7/5/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for advice new headphones for 400-450$ Last post on 7/31/11 at 2:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best match for Maverick Audio A1? Last post on 7/21/11 at 3:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- ad700s, akg k701-2, dt 880/700 Last post on 5/5/11 at 9:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Has nostalgia affected your purchase of a new set of headphones? Last post on 5/2/11 at 1:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written, the TFZ Series 3 was listed for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Background: I own Sennheiser HD600 and Fiio X3II. I love HD600 because it is comfortable and also works well for my classical music and vocal music. But it doesn't play well with any pop music...
PETEREK cables Balanced cable for Sony EX series. Standard custom for Sony EX series Standard 2 pin cable for LEAR,ASG,SHURE ETC. Standard MMCX...
This will be a short review as there are a few other reviews that go into great depth listing all of the specs. I mainly joined this tour to basically get another chance at the X7 and try the amp...
It beats my old Marantz HD-DAC1 in every way. Clarity, smooth, details... my HD650 seems not able to show its full potential. I assume, K812 or T1 will be better match. My K1000 shows new life...
the most comfortable headphones?post #1 of 246/30/11 at 11:48amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 246/30/11 at 11:51ampost #3 of 246/30/11 at 11:53am
Audio Technica ATH-AD700s are quite comfortable as well, although they are open.
Edit - What do you dislike about the ATH-M50s? Do they clamp too tightly around your head?
Edited by vikman21 - 6/30/11 at 11:59ampost #4 of 246/30/11 at 11:54amThread Starterpost #5 of 246/30/11 at 11:55am
Out of all of my cans it is the AKG K271 using the felt pads. The headband is wide and does not have the ridges the K701/2 has, the ridges are often criticised for being uncomfortable. The self adjustment means a great fit without having to clamp the cans on. The large space inside the cans means cool ears.post #6 of 246/30/11 at 11:57ampost #7 of 246/30/11 at 1:55pmpost #8 of 246/30/11 at 2:01pmThread Starterpost #9 of 246/30/11 at 2:04pmpost #10 of 246/30/11 at 2:26pmpost #11 of 246/30/11 at 2:29pmpost #12 of 246/30/11 at 2:42pmpost #13 of 246/30/11 at 3:01pmpost #14 of 246/30/11 at 3:12pm
- the most comfortable headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › How To/Should I Improve Ruark MR1 desktop speakers? 29 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 48 seconds ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 52 seconds ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 2 minutes ago
- › ifI iCan Pro - Impressions & Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2 by ExpatinJapan
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by B9Scrambler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...