I have ath-ms50 right now. and i was quite happy with them. but i honestly can't wear them for that long before they start hurting. So im looking to buy another pair of cans. Please let me know what are the most comfortable headphones putting sound quality aside. Price isn't a big issue.
- productAKG K 271 Studiotagged by System, 7/5/11
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 7/5/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for advice new headphones for 400-450$ Last post on 7/31/11 at 2:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best match for Maverick Audio A1? Last post on 7/21/11 at 3:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- ad700s, akg k701-2, dt 880/700 Last post on 5/5/11 at 9:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Has nostalgia affected your purchase of a new set of headphones? Last post on 5/2/11 at 1:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
160$ - 180$ price range but was lucky enough to buy it from e-bay only 100$ ?!!?
Intro My hifi journey started 2 years ago with a pair of Sennheiser hd598s and an Asus Xonar Essence Stx sound card. A modest entry, but I have spent a lot of money trying to recapture that wow...
Own them for a while now really love them! bought a couple comply foam tips which are more comfortable then the stock ones. the stock ones are decent i liked the triple flang ones but comply foam...
Introducing Brainwavz very uniquely designed dual dynamic IEM Brainwavz R3 (Comply Tips) Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic IEM I've been lucky enough recently to start...
Disclaimers: I'm a consumer, a headphone enthusiast, so I'm not using these for professional use. ... that's it They come in a nice box, really giving them a professional feel. The bag I...
the most comfortable headphones?post #1 of 246/30/11 at 11:48amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 246/30/11 at 11:51ampost #3 of 246/30/11 at 11:53am
Audio Technica ATH-AD700s are quite comfortable as well, although they are open.
Edit - What do you dislike about the ATH-M50s? Do they clamp too tightly around your head?
Edited by vikman21 - 6/30/11 at 11:59ampost #4 of 246/30/11 at 11:54amThread Starterpost #5 of 246/30/11 at 11:55am
Out of all of my cans it is the AKG K271 using the felt pads. The headband is wide and does not have the ridges the K701/2 has, the ridges are often criticised for being uncomfortable. The self adjustment means a great fit without having to clamp the cans on. The large space inside the cans means cool ears.post #6 of 246/30/11 at 11:57ampost #7 of 246/30/11 at 1:55pmpost #8 of 246/30/11 at 2:01pmThread Starterpost #9 of 246/30/11 at 2:04pmpost #10 of 246/30/11 at 2:26pmpost #11 of 246/30/11 at 2:29pmpost #12 of 246/30/11 at 2:42pmpost #13 of 246/30/11 at 3:01pmpost #14 of 246/30/11 at 3:12pm
- the most comfortable headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 20th 2013 1 minute ago
- › measurements are models 1 minute ago
- › closed headset for movies and gaming 3 minutes ago
- › Linux users unite! 4 minutes ago
- › Do audiophiles "like" music? 5 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800... 7 minutes ago
- › Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread 9 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 10 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-MT120BL High Fidelity Over-ear Headphones by ron watson
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by davisman
- › TDK BA200 by ScreenKiller
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by Brooko
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by Trunks159
- › Samson SR950 by Emid
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital