I have ath-ms50 right now. and i was quite happy with them. but i honestly can't wear them for that long before they start hurting. So im looking to buy another pair of cans. Please let me know what are the most comfortable headphones putting sound quality aside. Price isn't a big issue.
- productAKG K 271 Studiotagged by System, 7/5/11
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 7/5/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for advice new headphones for 400-450$ Last post on 7/31/11 at 2:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best match for Maverick Audio A1? Last post on 7/21/11 at 3:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- ad700s, akg k701-2, dt 880/700 Last post on 5/5/11 at 9:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Has nostalgia affected your purchase of a new set of headphones? Last post on 5/2/11 at 1:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro:- I was really excited when SoundMAGIC announced a couple of new earphones with a new “Reference” line up, Led by E80, their flagship, and subordinate E50( like Bumblebee), what I...
I was invited by Noontec to write a honest review of their Hammo S headphone. I tend to be very skeptical about lower-priced headphones, since the bottom tier of headphones/speakers tend to...
RHA T20 Review Tour Many thanks to RHA and forum member Rearwing for arranging the tour and the generosity of a 10-day listening period (my suspicion though is to pass some thanks to reviewer...
Construction, Materials, and Comfort: For starters, the protein leather is extremely soft and supple, and makes the ear pads and headband luxurious to touch. Heat retention actually isn't as bad...
I originally bought these after my earphones that came with my phone broke. After receiving these I was extremely pleased with the bass: it was boomy, punchy and felt powerful. These were also very...
the most comfortable headphones?post #1 of 246/30/11 at 11:48amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 246/30/11 at 11:51ampost #3 of 246/30/11 at 11:53am
Audio Technica ATH-AD700s are quite comfortable as well, although they are open.
Edit - What do you dislike about the ATH-M50s? Do they clamp too tightly around your head?
Edited by vikman21 - 6/30/11 at 11:59ampost #4 of 246/30/11 at 11:54amThread Starterpost #5 of 246/30/11 at 11:55am
Out of all of my cans it is the AKG K271 using the felt pads. The headband is wide and does not have the ridges the K701/2 has, the ridges are often criticised for being uncomfortable. The self adjustment means a great fit without having to clamp the cans on. The large space inside the cans means cool ears.post #6 of 246/30/11 at 11:57ampost #7 of 246/30/11 at 1:55pmpost #8 of 246/30/11 at 2:01pmThread Starterpost #9 of 246/30/11 at 2:04pmpost #10 of 246/30/11 at 2:26pmpost #11 of 246/30/11 at 2:29pmpost #12 of 246/30/11 at 2:42pmpost #13 of 246/30/11 at 3:01pmpost #14 of 246/30/11 at 3:12pm
- the most comfortable headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 9 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 38 seconds ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 1 minute ago
- › Minneapolis Meet? 2 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › RHA T20 by LFC_SL
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)