- 8,095 Posts. Joined 12/2002
- Location: OKC
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandSchiittagged by System, 6/30/11
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up Last post on Today at 8:12 am in Jason Stoddard
- New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil Last post on Yesterday at 3:11 pm in High-end Audio Forum
- new Schiit product Last post on 10/20/12 at 4:47am in Dedicated Source Components
- usb or spdif in schiit bifrost Last post on 8/21/12 at 5:04am in Dedicated Source Components
- Schiit Valhalla Review Last post on 7/18/12 at 4:55am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
Haute Schiit! Bifrost is world's most affordable fully upgradable DAC - Page 18
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Curious problem. I usually use my Bifrost only with my PC, but I hooked up a cd player in addition last night. The PC is using optical, the CD using coaxial. When I have the CD connected with coaxial and the PC is connected, I get CD sound from both inputs when I press the selector switch on the front. Am I not supposed to be able to switch between sources?
Edited by Maxvla - 1/15/12 at 6:20pm
Sorry if you already covered this, but did you try a different optical cable? I had similar issue with my DAC-2 but luckily figured out before sending it in that my optical cable was bad. It was a cheapy cable and apparently after some use the connector came loose from the cable. At first I couldn't tell that the cable was bad but then the connector completely came off of the cable and I was like . The cable was probably bad for a while then just got decapitated.
Hm.. upon further tinkering I seem to have lost the optical port entirely. With only the optical port in use I get no sound from either setting on the front panel. If I connect my computer with coaxial I get sound from both settings on the front panel. Guess I'll message Jason in a bit. I have a feeling this is software related or whatever the device uses to switch inputs. I should NOT be getting sound from both settings from 1 input afaik.
- Haute Schiit! Bifrost is world's most affordable fully upgradable DAC
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 11 seconds ago
- › Help: Fiio 09K vs Schiit Vali and Optimal Setup 17 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 32 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 1 minute ago
- › ATH-M50x, ATH-M40x, V-moda crossfade M80 or Sennheiser PX 360? 1 minute ago
- › sending analog signals using a toslink cable 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › Question! 3 minutes ago
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob