Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › New headphone amplifier from Bryston
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New headphone amplifier from Bryston - Page 61

post #901 of 1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solude View Post

Top right of any Head-Fi page.

THANKS!!!

 

james

post #902 of 1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Tanner View Post

How do I access private messages?

 

james

Secret Head-Fi handshake....wink.gif

post #903 of 1469

If you hover your mouse cursor over any user name that has made a post - a drop down menu appears with the option "Send PM" among others.. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Tanner View Post

How do I access private messages?

 

james

post #904 of 1469

James, I liked the "secret Head-Fi handshake" better

I'm happily listening to my new BHA-1 right now

Big thank you to Danu and David at Bay Bloor for starting me down the Bryston path ...

post #905 of 1469
Well I finally got my AH-D7000s back and have been listening to them through the BHA-1. The Denons have never sounded better. This amp really takes control of these phones. The bass is massive yet controlled very tuneful and solid. The midrange is very textural and detailed but fleshy and realistic. The treble is smooth and accurate with no brightness or harshness. So I know that the BHA-1 synergizes very well with the LCD-2 and the AH-D7000. This is a wonderful amp!!
Edited by Fido2 - 1/29/13 at 3:25pm
post #906 of 1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido2 View Post

Well I finally got my AH-D7000s back and have been listening to them through the BHA-1. The Denons have never sounded better. This amp really takes control of these phones. The bass is massive yet controlled very tuneful and solid. The midrange is very textural and detailed but fleshy and realistic. The treble is smooth and accurate with no brightness or harshness. So I know that the BHA-1 synergizes very well with the LCD-2 and the AH-D7000. This is a wonderful amp!!


Out of curiosity... are you running single ended or balanced?

 

Still waiting on mine....

post #907 of 1469

Since yesterday  i listen bha1 with lcd 2.2 and it is a very good connection.

What would be the best DAC for Bryston and audeze lcd 2?

now i use Audioquest dragonfly.


Edited by mbllbm - 1/30/13 at 12:33am
post #908 of 1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbllbm View Post

Since yesterday  i listen bha1 with lcd 2.2 and it is a very good connection.

What would be the best DAC for Bryston and audeze lcd 2?

now i use Audioquest dragonfly.


I can't say it's the best but I'm very happy with the W4S DAC2 with the BHA1 and LCD3s
post #909 of 1469

I managed to audition the BHA 1 with a pair of HD800's and compare both the Rega dac and the Violectric V800.

 

I found the V800 to be very detailed with a far more expansive sound stage (to my surprise as I was honestly thinking that I would not be able to tell the difference between the two dacs as I tend to be sceptical of aspects of this hobby at times) whilst the Rega was warm delivering more bass impact, I also thought the Rega sounded to congested. My pick of the two dacs I tried would be the V800, although I am not sure how it compares with other higher end dacs.

post #910 of 1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbllbm View Post

Since yesterday  i listen bha1 with lcd 2.2 and it is a very good connection.

What would be the best DAC for Bryston and audeze lcd 2?

now i use Audioquest dragonfly.

 

Bryston also has a matching DAC so to speak.  The BDA-2.  The down side of the DAC out the gate is the price.

post #911 of 1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido2 View Post

Well I finally got my AH-D7000s back and have been listening to them through the BHA-1. The Denons have never sounded better. This amp really takes control of these phones. The bass is massive yet controlled very tuneful and solid. The midrange is very textural and detailed but fleshy and realistic. The treble is smooth and accurate with no brightness or harshness. So I know that the BHA-1 synergizes very well with the LCD-2 and the AH-D7000. This is a wonderful amp!!

 

 

Got your D7000s back form where Lawton?

 

I agree the BHA-1 is a great amp and very flexible drive orthos and Denons both very well.

post #912 of 1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfreedma View Post


I can't say it's the best but I'm very happy with the W4S DAC2 with the BHA1 and LCD3s

bfreedma, we have almost the same gear

Are you using balanced for your LCD3?

I haven't had that much time with the BHA1 yet

post #913 of 1469

The W4S DAC-2 is certainly not the DAC I would use the LCD-3 with.  It's a pretty dark DAC.  I found the Metrum Octave and more so the PWD2 a better match.

post #914 of 1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Audiohead View Post


Out of curiosity... are you running single ended or balanced?

Still waiting on mine....
Denons are single ended. They sound just killer...really pleased

Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post


Got your D7000s back form where Lawton?

I agree the BHA-1 is a great amp and very flexible drive orthos and Denons both very well.
Yes Lawton fixed them for me. Great service and excellent work. I didnt modify them I just had the hinge repaired on one side. That tiny friggin screw fell out and I lost some parts.
post #915 of 1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solude View Post

The W4S DAC-2 is certainly not the DAC I would use the LCD-3 with.  It's a pretty dark DAC.  I found the Metrum Octave and more so the PWD2 a better match.

I would classify the PS Audio DLIII as a dark/warm dac....the DAC-2 is somewhere in between a brighter DAC like the BDA-1 and the DLIII.  If the PWD2 could only fit in my rig, I might be tempted a little more. That thing is a beast!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › New headphone amplifier from Bryston