Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › New headphone amplifier from Bryston
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New headphone amplifier from Bryston - Page 53

post #781 of 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

 

 

Where's the link to the product and the spec?

 

Are there any reviews on it yet?

 

How much?

 

No reviews yet - too new - Stereophile has one in the works. - I thought people did not trust reviewers anymore (LOL)

 

 

1000

 

 

http://bryston.com/products/digital_audio/BDA-2.html

 

james


Edited by James Tanner - 12/26/12 at 12:21pm
post #782 of 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Tanner View Post

 

No reviews yet - too new - Stereophile has one in the works. - I thought people did not trust reviewers anymore (LOL)

 

james

 

We don'tbiggrin.gif  Just want to get a feel for it.

 

Is there a inside photo?


Edited by preproman - 12/26/12 at 12:28pm
post #783 of 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

 

We don'tbiggrin.gif  Just want to get a feel for it.

 

Is there a inside photo?

 

No inside photo - looks close to the BDA-1 inside other than the async USB circuit we added.

 

james

 

PS - I guess we should stop this as it is a headphone thread.

post #784 of 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Tanner View Post

Hi,

Yes we have been shipping the BDA-2's for about 3 weeks now.  as of Friday we were still 66 backordered so it will depend on when it was ordered.

james

I placed the order the first week of December James. I'm hopeful I'm in the top 10-20 of the 66 on the list.
Edited by johnnybrick - 12/27/12 at 12:13pm
post #785 of 1470

For James Tanner--

 

James I have a question for you--If I am using the BHA 1 as a PRE AMP going to an Amp that also has a Volume Control knob what is the best way to set the Two Volume controls?

 

Set the Amp Volume Control wide open and use BHA for Volume control?

 

Set the Amp Volume Control at some specific point and still use the BHA Volume knob for overall control?

 

Set the BHA Volume Control at some specific point and use the Amp's Volume Control for overall Volume control?

 

Appreciate your assistance with this...

 

In Advance---

 

Thanks

 

Jack

post #786 of 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiedh View Post

For James Tanner--

James I have a question for you--If I am using the BHA 1 as a PRE AMP going to an Amp that also has a Volume Control knob what is the best way to set the Two Volume controls?

Set the Amp Volume Control wide open and use BHA for Volume control?

Set the Amp Volume Control at some specific point and still use the BHA Volume knob for overall control?

Set the BHA Volume Control at some specific point and use the Amp's Volume Control for overall Volume control?

Appreciate your assistance with this...

In Advance---

Thanks

Jack

Hi

Generally for best noise floor you want the Amp at unity gain - do the specks show where on the volume control on the amp that is?

James
post #787 of 1470

James--No they don't--

 

Jack

post #788 of 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiedh View Post

James--No they don't--

Jack
[/quote

Most would be around 11 to 12 o'clock.

James
post #789 of 1470

Chris is correct.  5+5 is still 10 in 2013 ;)  Explains the HD800 love too.  Not high enough to mess with dampening but high enough to fill out the bottom ever so slightly.

post #790 of 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solude View Post

Chris is correct.  5+5 is still 10 in 2013 ;)  Explains the HD800 love too.  Not high enough to mess with dampening but high enough to fill out the bottom ever so slightly.

 

 

What?

I'm correct?

And is it really 2013?  confused_face_2.gif

 

Just kidding, man!

 

Happy Year folks!

 

P.S. I love it when a bottom is filled out ever so slightly but that's a topic for another forum.

post #791 of 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post

Low levels of feedbeck generally mean higher distortion, less linearity. It is true that less feedback means higher output impedance.

I am referencing a preliminary owner's manual, so this information may be out of date.
The output impedance of the BHA-1 is 10 Ohms for both SE and balanced outputs.
The output impedance comes from a resistor network added outside the feedback loop.
Just my SWAG and experience here, but an amp like that probably has an output impedance less than 1 Ohm after feedback, before the resistive network.

Where did you get these numbers from?
Has Bryston reduced the output impedance since the preliminary manual was issued?

Hi Folks

Yes the output impedance is 2 and 4 ohms. The early manual is incorrect.

James
Edited by James Tanner - 1/1/13 at 8:18am
post #792 of 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Tanner View Post


Hi Folks
Yes the output impedance is 2 and 4 ohms. The early manual is incorrect.
James

Sounds pretty low to me! Thanks for the update.

 

Is the output still capacitor coupled?

thx, C


Edited by Chris J - 1/1/13 at 8:25am
post #793 of 1470

Looks like it...

 

1000


Edited by Solude - 1/1/13 at 8:46am
post #794 of 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solude View Post

Looks like it...

 

 

Yes it does,

but I don't know how old that copy of the BHA-1 is.........don't hurt to ask.........

post #795 of 1470

Going to take a wild guess that based on the date on the PCB... June 2012 ;)  It a Rev3 as well since it has the XLR pre-outs as well.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › New headphone amplifier from Bryston