- 8,662 Posts. Joined 12/2002
- Location: OKC
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 1/16/17 at 10:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Confusingly, I think Sennheiser is rebranding the Momentum In-Ear (M2 IEi) headphones as HD 1 In-Ear – specifications and appearance are identical. I bought these when my Klipsch S4i started...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONEvery so often as a reviewer you get a surprise – something not quite expected. Sometimes its...
Hello, This is my first review on Head-Fi, or anywhere else for that matter. I will not go through the normal paces of creating a review based on the set pattern of product history, build and...
The detail, imaging, and sound-staging are accurate and bring your headphones the neutral platform they need in order to perform the way their engineers intended. The DAC is the high point of...
New headphone amplifier from Bryston - Page 35post #511 of 20919/24/12 at 11:25amI'm receiving a Schiit Gungnir tomorrow. I'll let you know how that pairs.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #512 of 20919/24/12 at 1:05pmpost #513 of 20919/24/12 at 1:18pmQuote:
About 3 weeks from order now.
jamespost #514 of 20919/24/12 at 1:29pmpost #515 of 20919/24/12 at 5:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by MLee
I continue to enjoy the sound of this amp with all kinds of music. I haven't heard other TOTL amps to do a comparison but the Bryston just seems to handle anything you want to pair it with. Little touches like the fit and finish, the feel of the volume knob, and a 20 year warranty just add to the satisfaction of owning this unit. Now I'm researching a DAC to put in front of it. I'd like to stay with Bryston but my budget won't allow me to spend $2200 for one. Anyone have any suggestions for me in the $500-$1000 range?
Was was thinking about a tube DAC..post #516 of 20919/24/12 at 9:26pmpost #517 of 20919/25/12 at 7:35amQuote:HiEngineering:The balanced input assumes a 2 volt input level which will work well with output operating levels in the +4 to + 6dB reference levels of pro audio gear.post #518 of 20919/25/12 at 7:54ampost #519 of 20919/25/12 at 4:42pm
I've heard good things. I'd love to try it sometime.post #520 of 20919/25/12 at 5:04pmQuote:
Is that 2 V(RMS)? +6 dBu = 1.55 V(RMS)
Will +6dBV = 2V(RMS) at 0dBFS (full-scale) be the optimal setting and not distort the BHA-1 input stage?
dB always confuses me...post #521 of 20919/25/12 at 5:33pmpost #522 of 20919/25/12 at 8:23pmpost #523 of 20919/26/12 at 6:38am
Last year Robert from Aphroditecu29.com sent me a Havana balanced DAC to use and show in one of our reginal meets. I was very impressed with the little thing. It sounded really nice, the USB imput worked great and for the price IMO is a nice perfroming piece.post #524 of 20919/26/12 at 6:42amQuote:
What bags are those that you're using for your headphones?post #525 of 20919/26/12 at 6:47am
If any of you folks will be at CANJAM 2012 within the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest, we will have the Bryston BDP-1 Digital player and BDA-1 DAC driving the BDH-1 amplifier. Bryston unfortunately had a conflict and could not make the show. But we will be happy to take you on a tour of the sound:) See you guys soon...
- New headphone amplifier from Bryston
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 20 seconds ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Gustard X20pro DAC (ES9028Pro) 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze Deckard - class A amp, USB DAC 6 minutes ago
- › Closed Headphones for Classical music? 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Freya Impressions and Tube Rolling Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by B9Scrambler
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by TwinACStacks
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by SOULSIK
- › Brainwavz B200 by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear