- 8,432 Posts. Joined 12/2002
- Location: OKC
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 5/24/14 at 11:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Headphone Impedance
New headphone amplifier from Bryston - Page 35
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
About 3 weeks from order now.
I continue to enjoy the sound of this amp with all kinds of music. I haven't heard other TOTL amps to do a comparison but the Bryston just seems to handle anything you want to pair it with. Little touches like the fit and finish, the feel of the volume knob, and a 20 year warranty just add to the satisfaction of owning this unit. Now I'm researching a DAC to put in front of it. I'd like to stay with Bryston but my budget won't allow me to spend $2200 for one. Anyone have any suggestions for me in the $500-$1000 range?
Was was thinking about a tube DAC..
I've heard good things. I'd love to try it sometime.
Is that 2 V(RMS)? +6 dBu = 1.55 V(RMS)
Will +6dBV = 2V(RMS) at 0dBFS (full-scale) be the optimal setting and not distort the BHA-1 input stage?
dB always confuses me...
Last year Robert from Aphroditecu29.com sent me a Havana balanced DAC to use and show in one of our reginal meets. I was very impressed with the little thing. It sounded really nice, the USB imput worked great and for the price IMO is a nice perfroming piece.
What bags are those that you're using for your headphones?
If any of you folks will be at CANJAM 2012 within the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest, we will have the Bryston BDP-1 Digital player and BDA-1 DAC driving the BDH-1 amplifier. Bryston unfortunately had a conflict and could not make the show. But we will be happy to take you on a tour of the sound:) See you guys soon...
- New headphone amplifier from Bryston
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › In need of advice for selecting a good pair of headphones! 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 2 minutes ago
- › Paradigm Atom v4 Bookshelf Speakers (Black Ash) 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 minutes ago
- › 2014 tube amp rankings 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 4 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD480 or HD440II Replacement Cable 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Brooko
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)