- 7,527 Posts. Joined 12/2002
- Location: OKC
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on Today at 1:42 am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Headphone Impedance
New headphone amplifier from Bryston - Page 35
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
About 3 weeks from order now.
I continue to enjoy the sound of this amp with all kinds of music. I haven't heard other TOTL amps to do a comparison but the Bryston just seems to handle anything you want to pair it with. Little touches like the fit and finish, the feel of the volume knob, and a 20 year warranty just add to the satisfaction of owning this unit. Now I'm researching a DAC to put in front of it. I'd like to stay with Bryston but my budget won't allow me to spend $2200 for one. Anyone have any suggestions for me in the $500-$1000 range?
Was was thinking about a tube DAC..
I've heard good things. I'd love to try it sometime.
Is that 2 V(RMS)? +6 dBu = 1.55 V(RMS)
Will +6dBV = 2V(RMS) at 0dBFS (full-scale) be the optimal setting and not distort the BHA-1 input stage?
dB always confuses me...
Last year Robert from Aphroditecu29.com sent me a Havana balanced DAC to use and show in one of our reginal meets. I was very impressed with the little thing. It sounded really nice, the USB imput worked great and for the price IMO is a nice perfroming piece.
What bags are those that you're using for your headphones?
If any of you folks will be at CANJAM 2012 within the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest, we will have the Bryston BDP-1 Digital player and BDA-1 DAC driving the BDH-1 amplifier. Bryston unfortunately had a conflict and could not make the show. But we will be happy to take you on a tour of the sound:) See you guys soon...
- New headphone amplifier from Bryston
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 16th 2013 and feature poll... 33 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Looking for headphones for my nephew, football player 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T5p 4 minutes ago
- › From Senn HD 555 to Hifiman HE400... not impressed 6 minutes ago
- › Need a good portable set 8 minutes ago
- › What is better: a somewhat expensive pair of headphones, or a... 10 minutes ago
- › IC: WA22 with lots of legendary tubes 11 minutes ago
- › Close back under 200$ or 300$ if you convince me 11 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Heir Audio 3.Ai by hapopo
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by JoeDoe
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by HPuser9083
- › Ray Samuels Audio F-35 Lightning by HeadphoneAddict
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe