I agree, it works really well as a preamp. I'm using it with a Parasound A21 amp and Revel F208 speakers.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 7/21/15 at 11:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Rhapsodio Solar Note: The custom in-ear in this review was provided at a discounted rate. Rhapsodio is an up and coming manufacturer of both custom in-ears and custom-like universals....
- Headphone Impedance
New headphone amplifier from Bryston - Page 133
Yes, the warranty is transferable.
I think the BHA-1 without power supply has been discontinued, but you should check with Bryston to confirm. The stock power supply built into the BHA-1 is very robust and dynamic with very low residual noise.
The outboard power supply option has been discontinued. We found it did not make any difference in performance.
Is the preamp BP26 another story and is benefitted by MPS2?
The BP26 MUST be used with the MPS-2 as there is no internal power supply.
James, being a happy user of Bryston/Torus/PMC your statement is obvious for me :)
My question is just to justify whether MPS2 brings the sound of BP26 to the next level comparing to what if you try to put it in one box. The only concern is that I only use 1 output out of 4.. And I dont remeber other Bryston products to use MPS2 except BP26
Edited by Gibalok - 2/25/16 at 6:15am
Oh I see what you mean - no the outboard power supply does not necessarily mean better performance assuming you design and do proper shielding with an internal supply.
Our original idea was to allow the DAC and the CD Player we had at the time to also plug into the MPS-2 but we found it actually worked better in those too products with an internal supply. Our Phono stage does plug into the MPS-2 currently as well as the BP26 of course.
Going forward though we are developing new products which will be able to use the MPS2 as the power supply if the customer wishes.
Hey guys, just a curious question and maybe you, James Tanner could serve as an bona-fide expert on this one. Regarding the outputs on the BHA1-is there a general consensus out there as to which output (balanced vs. unbalanced) delivers a superior sonic experience? Personally I prefer the balanced 4 pin out with my T1.2s. If in fact balanced renders the best sound with BHA1, could someone please explain why? I have my own reasons to believe so but I am interested in other, more knowledgeable opinions. Thanks, Mike.
Actually, I have the same Q for James. Specifically the LCD-3. Is the recommended setting Balanced outs with Low Gain setting for the LCD-3?
Hello, because already I have the Bryston BHA 1 and MPEG-2 today has reached me I've been listening to the Oppo PM1 in balanced and as a source Oppo 95 EU using balanced and I must say that you hear really good starts, I have not been able to spend nine I've heard about three hours tomorrow hearken to the HD800S.
Sorry for my English,
- New headphone amplifier from Bryston
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 4 minutes ago
- › BTG audio mmcx IEM cable 5 minutes ago
- › Which headphones do you use for PC gaming? 5 minutes ago
- › AMP/DAC/Impedance/Ohms/confused 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 7 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Decommo
- › Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II (Carbon) by ryanjsoo
- › iFi iPurifier 2 by knorris908
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by RedJohn456
- › Little Dot I+ by Shasari
- › Rhapsodio Solar by shotgunshane
- › Superlux HD-660 by Wiljen
- › ACS T1 by Docjitters
- › QKZ W1 Pro - In-ear sport headphone by B9Scrambler
- › Dunu TITAN 5 by mark2410
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse