I agree, it works really well as a preamp. I'm using it with a Parasound A21 amp and Revel F208 speakers.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 7/21/15 at 11:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I bought this ckr9ltd from AliExpress for 47USD, less than the usual 120USD RRP. Few fellow buyer with original ckr9ltd claimed that this is a real deal. I have no problem whatsoever to believe...
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
Background I ordered my pair of AAW A3H Pros during Black Friday weekend 2015 at a certain group-buying website, hoping to get my feet wet in the world of customs at a price that wouldn't break...
REVIEW - Fiio EM3 Fiio is not a company that needs any introduction. Known for its wide and affordable large Amp and DAC line, and well regarded since the release of the first DAP...
Design/durability: Stellar build quality is one of the highlights of the Rockets. Pretty much every feature of it seems indestructible. The L-shaped jack seems very sturdy and has enough strain...
- Headphone Impedance
New headphone amplifier from Bryston - Page 133
Yes, the warranty is transferable.
I think the BHA-1 without power supply has been discontinued, but you should check with Bryston to confirm. The stock power supply built into the BHA-1 is very robust and dynamic with very low residual noise.
The outboard power supply option has been discontinued. We found it did not make any difference in performance.
Is the preamp BP26 another story and is benefitted by MPS2?
The BP26 MUST be used with the MPS-2 as there is no internal power supply.
James, being a happy user of Bryston/Torus/PMC your statement is obvious for me :)
My question is just to justify whether MPS2 brings the sound of BP26 to the next level comparing to what if you try to put it in one box. The only concern is that I only use 1 output out of 4.. And I dont remeber other Bryston products to use MPS2 except BP26
Edited by Gibalok - 2/25/16 at 6:15am
Oh I see what you mean - no the outboard power supply does not necessarily mean better performance assuming you design and do proper shielding with an internal supply.
Our original idea was to allow the DAC and the CD Player we had at the time to also plug into the MPS-2 but we found it actually worked better in those too products with an internal supply. Our Phono stage does plug into the MPS-2 currently as well as the BP26 of course.
Going forward though we are developing new products which will be able to use the MPS2 as the power supply if the customer wishes.
Hey guys, just a curious question and maybe you, James Tanner could serve as an bona-fide expert on this one. Regarding the outputs on the BHA1-is there a general consensus out there as to which output (balanced vs. unbalanced) delivers a superior sonic experience? Personally I prefer the balanced 4 pin out with my T1.2s. If in fact balanced renders the best sound with BHA1, could someone please explain why? I have my own reasons to believe so but I am interested in other, more knowledgeable opinions. Thanks, Mike.
Actually, I have the same Q for James. Specifically the LCD-3. Is the recommended setting Balanced outs with Low Gain setting for the LCD-3?
Hello, because already I have the Bryston BHA 1 and MPEG-2 today has reached me I've been listening to the Oppo PM1 in balanced and as a source Oppo 95 EU using balanced and I must say that you hear really good starts, I have not been able to spend nine I've heard about three hours tomorrow hearken to the HD800S.
Sorry for my English,
- New headphone amplifier from Bryston
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 11 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 15 seconds ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 22 seconds ago
- › Echobox Finder X1 review/impressions/discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › New: Matrix Audio HPA-2C Classic Amp/DAC (With Review) 1 minute ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions... 1 minute ago
- › Litz 250x0,04mm (westone pins) + Free shipping 1 minute ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Review on HtC 10 and Sound quality 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Noble Audio Kaiser K10UA universal aluminum by Saraguie
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...