Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › New headphone amplifier from Bryston
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New headphone amplifier from Bryston - Page 94

post #1396 of 1497

Does BHA-1 use negative/global feedback in its circuit?

post #1397 of 1497
http://bryston.com/pages/warranty.html

Is there 5 or 20 years of warranty for the BHA-1 ?
post #1398 of 1497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthax View Post

Does BHA-1 use negative/global feedback in its circuit?

Yes.

Only audiophiles think negative global feedback is a bad thing!
post #1399 of 1497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubert481 View Post

http://bryston.com/pages/warranty.html

Is there 5 or 20 years of warranty for the BHA-1 ?

Twenty year warranty.
The headphone amplifier is not a digital product.
post #1400 of 1497
Thx :-)
post #1401 of 1497

Probably you are right, but I'd like to hear different approaches of producers. I have fun with that, and I do not proclaim that feedback is back. 

post #1402 of 1497
James, Mike from Bryston please answer one question:
Why did you design the BHA1 not fully balanced? I have a balanced input with V800 DAC but from my understanding every input of the BHA1 is converted to Single Ended. So a balanced input has no benefit. Make this sense? Thanks
post #1403 of 1497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance_Gott View Post

James, Mike from Bryston please answer one question:
Why did you design the BHA1 not fully balanced? I have a balanced input with V800 DAC but from my understanding every input of the BHA1 is converted to Single Ended. So a balanced input has no benefit. Make this sense? Thanks


?

http://bryston.com/PDF/Manuals/300028%5BBHA1%5D.pdf  Page 10


Edited by Rob80b - 2/20/14 at 1:35pm
post #1404 of 1497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance_Gott View Post

James, Mike from Bryston please answer one question:
Why did you design the BHA1 not fully balanced? I have a balanced input with V800 DAC but from my understanding every input of the BHA1 is converted to Single Ended. So a balanced input has no benefit. Make this sense? Thanks

I know I'm not James, but the balanced input stage rejects Common Mode noise.
That's what it is supposed to do.
That is the purpose of running balanced transmission lines from your source to your amplifier.
So Common Mode noise is rejected before it is amplified.
Then the output stage converts the signal back into balanced via two bridged amplifiers.

I don't see any technical advantage to running "fully balanced".
post #1405 of 1497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post


I know I'm not James, but the balanced input stage rejects Common Mode noise.
That's what it is supposed to do.
 

I'm not James either but also from far as I can tell the amp has discrete +, - , and ground from input to output.

post #1406 of 1497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob80b View Post

I'm not James either but also from far as I can tell the amp has discrete +, - , and ground from input to output.

It strikes as odd that an amplifier that accepts Single Ended and Balanced inputs, can drive either Single Ended or Balanced headphones, and has a differential (balanced) input stage to reject common mode noise from balanced transmission lines is perceived as flawed?
Wah?
Edited by Chris J - 2/20/14 at 3:51pm
post #1407 of 1497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post


It strikes as odd that an amplifier that accepts Single Ended and Balanced inputs, can drive either Single Ended or Balanced headphones, and has a differential (balanced) input stage to reject common mode noise from balanced transmission lines is perceived as flawed?
Wah?


This might be the most outstanding feature of the amp--

 

Different strokes I guess...

post #1408 of 1497

I would like an official answer from James and Mike. I think converting from Balanced to Single Ended is not a good idea.


Edited by Trance_Gott - 2/20/14 at 11:18pm
post #1409 of 1497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance_Gott View Post

I would like an official answer from James and Mike. I think converting from Balanced to Single Ended is not a good idea.

Why do you think converting from Balanced to Single Ended is a bad idea?
A balanced input stage rejects noise, then it amplifes the signal in single ended mode.
What's the problem?
Your statement has no basis in fact.
post #1410 of 1497

In fact single ended has no separated ground! So first I have the advantage of balanced (V800 DAC) with reject noise. But then this is converted to single ended with no seperated ground and sensitive for noise. You think that is no problem? Why there are full balanced layouts like GS-X or HDV600 on the market?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › New headphone amplifier from Bryston