If it would tame the upper range just a bit, the leben just might be the amp im looking for.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 1/16/17 at 10:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
FiiO x5iii Many times, there is trepidation when you sign up for a possible tour review, at least for me. Your hope is to not only be chosen, but to give an open honest review, under the...
I would like to thank Gibson Innovations for the opportunity to review the H900M. Above: H900M top, A800 below Above: H900M Before I begin,...
Yet again (with several more to soon follow), I find myself owing a great deal of thanks (and at this point...
Aesthetics: The box with its engineering drawings, beautiful graphics, and presentation of the product leaves a great first impression. Included are ample sizes of silicon earpieces to choose...
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
New headphone amplifier from Bryston - Page 83post #1231 of 209110/9/13 at 3:08pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1232 of 209110/9/13 at 3:14pm
To me Leben with HD800 should sound OK. But is just estiamation. I don't know HD800 and even are not very much interested in, at this time. Leben has just some particular ease of listen. Music just flow. SS even hi end are more squared in sound. But to be honest it is worth to have both types. As a user of OTL, there are many moment when I need more fast in sound and better precission. And now I strongly look for some good SS. Meybe Corda Classic.. Bryston is very nice amp. But as I do have a pre amp function with my OTL, I do not like to pay extra for this Bryston pre. I just only need headphone amp.post #1233 of 209110/9/13 at 3:17pmpost #1234 of 209110/9/13 at 3:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Synthax
To me Leben with HD800 should sound OK. But is just estiamation. I don't know HD800 and even are not very much interested in, at this time. Leben has just some particular ease of listen. Music just flow. SS even hi end are more squared in sound. But to be honest it is worth to have both types. As a user of OTL, there are many moment when I need more fast in sound and better precission. And now I strongly look for some good SS. Meybe Corda Classic.. Bryston is very nice amp. But as I do have a pre amp function with my OTL, I do not like to pay extra for this Bryston pre. I just only need headphone amp.
Have you heard or considered the A18 amplifier? That ones also on my list.post #1235 of 209110/9/13 at 3:22pmpost #1236 of 209110/9/13 at 3:27pmQuote:
Thank you for your input. Its a bit of a gamble with this hobby I suppose and living in a state that do not carry any of what Im looking to audition doesnt help either.post #1237 of 209110/24/13 at 1:47pmpost #1238 of 209111/10/13 at 10:13ampost #1239 of 209111/10/13 at 10:28amIve had my bh1/bda2/lcd3 for about a year now arminius and I couldn't be happier! 24bit files from the likes of dexter gordon, les morgan, coltrane, & pink floyd sometimes makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. The first cut off friday night in san francisco with di meola, paco, & john m brought tears to my eyes the first time I listened to it....literally. The holographic soundstage with deep lows & smooth highs is truly something to behold.post #1240 of 209111/10/13 at 10:33ampost #1241 of 209111/10/13 at 11:05amThe hd800 is definitely on my short list. Have you listened to any trance/dubstep/chill music from the likes of moby or submotion orchestra with lcd3's? Some of the low-note booms loosens the wax in my inner ear! :-)post #1242 of 209111/10/13 at 11:17ampost #1243 of 209111/10/13 at 11:42ampost #1244 of 209111/10/13 at 11:56am
Anything but his new album Intense
Check out Mirage and Imagine. Also their remix CDs.
Universal Religion Chapter - I like #6 a lot in particular
Also: A State of Trance 500 - CD1 kicks ass
- New headphone amplifier from Bryston
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread 24 seconds ago
- › Denon AH-7200 36 seconds ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 52 seconds ago
- › AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › LKS Audio MH-DA003 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ngoshawk
- › Onkyo Over Ear Headphone (H900MB/27) by Sonic Defender
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by Army-Firedawg
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by wdetterman
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear