If it would tame the upper range just a bit, the leben just might be the amp im looking for.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 1/16/17 at 10:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
When I first started looking for a pair of CIEMs, I was determined to find the best one in the $1000 region that would serve me equally well for everyday listening as well as stage use (I play in a...
New headphone amplifier from Bryston - Page 83post #1231 of 209110/9/13 at 3:08pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1232 of 209110/9/13 at 3:14pm
To me Leben with HD800 should sound OK. But is just estiamation. I don't know HD800 and even are not very much interested in, at this time. Leben has just some particular ease of listen. Music just flow. SS even hi end are more squared in sound. But to be honest it is worth to have both types. As a user of OTL, there are many moment when I need more fast in sound and better precission. And now I strongly look for some good SS. Meybe Corda Classic.. Bryston is very nice amp. But as I do have a pre amp function with my OTL, I do not like to pay extra for this Bryston pre. I just only need headphone amp.post #1233 of 209110/9/13 at 3:17pmpost #1234 of 209110/9/13 at 3:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Synthax
To me Leben with HD800 should sound OK. But is just estiamation. I don't know HD800 and even are not very much interested in, at this time. Leben has just some particular ease of listen. Music just flow. SS even hi end are more squared in sound. But to be honest it is worth to have both types. As a user of OTL, there are many moment when I need more fast in sound and better precission. And now I strongly look for some good SS. Meybe Corda Classic.. Bryston is very nice amp. But as I do have a pre amp function with my OTL, I do not like to pay extra for this Bryston pre. I just only need headphone amp.
Have you heard or considered the A18 amplifier? That ones also on my list.post #1235 of 209110/9/13 at 3:22pmpost #1236 of 209110/9/13 at 3:27pmQuote:
Thank you for your input. Its a bit of a gamble with this hobby I suppose and living in a state that do not carry any of what Im looking to audition doesnt help either.post #1237 of 209110/24/13 at 1:47pmpost #1238 of 209111/10/13 at 10:13ampost #1239 of 209111/10/13 at 10:28amIve had my bh1/bda2/lcd3 for about a year now arminius and I couldn't be happier! 24bit files from the likes of dexter gordon, les morgan, coltrane, & pink floyd sometimes makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. The first cut off friday night in san francisco with di meola, paco, & john m brought tears to my eyes the first time I listened to it....literally. The holographic soundstage with deep lows & smooth highs is truly something to behold.post #1240 of 209111/10/13 at 10:33ampost #1241 of 209111/10/13 at 11:05amThe hd800 is definitely on my short list. Have you listened to any trance/dubstep/chill music from the likes of moby or submotion orchestra with lcd3's? Some of the low-note booms loosens the wax in my inner ear! :-)post #1242 of 209111/10/13 at 11:17ampost #1243 of 209111/10/13 at 11:42ampost #1244 of 209111/10/13 at 11:56am
Anything but his new album Intense
Check out Mirage and Imagine. Also their remix CDs.
Universal Religion Chapter - I like #6 a lot in particular
Also: A State of Trance 500 - CD1 kicks ass
- New headphone amplifier from Bryston
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Denon AH-7200 55 seconds ago
- › RHA Dacamp L1, CL1 Ceramic & CL750 Review Tour 2 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 3 minutes ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/MISC Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Neurochrome HP-1: Ultra-High End Headphone Amp 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo obsolete? 5 minutes ago
- › Grace Design x Massdrop m9XX DAC/Amp Review: First Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android... 8 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 9 minutes ago
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by glassmonkey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear