If it would tame the upper range just a bit, the leben just might be the amp im looking for.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 7/21/15 at 11:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/6/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I took the scenic route to loving these headphones and almost sold it a couple of times. I picked these up for free thanks to a promotion my carrier Freedom mobile was doing where if you buy the LG...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
These are just plain excellent. I was never really a believer in IEMs, but I am now. These Philips SHE3590s are a real eye-opener. According to the ratings here on Head-Fi, these do, in fact,...
Lately it seems that almost every week there are new (or at least unheard of by most) companies releasing new DAPs (Digital Audio Players). This is great for the consumer because more products...
New headphone amplifier from Bryston - Page 83post #1231 of 209010/9/13 at 3:08pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1232 of 209010/9/13 at 3:14pm
To me Leben with HD800 should sound OK. But is just estiamation. I don't know HD800 and even are not very much interested in, at this time. Leben has just some particular ease of listen. Music just flow. SS even hi end are more squared in sound. But to be honest it is worth to have both types. As a user of OTL, there are many moment when I need more fast in sound and better precission. And now I strongly look for some good SS. Meybe Corda Classic.. Bryston is very nice amp. But as I do have a pre amp function with my OTL, I do not like to pay extra for this Bryston pre. I just only need headphone amp.post #1233 of 209010/9/13 at 3:17pmpost #1234 of 209010/9/13 at 3:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Synthax
To me Leben with HD800 should sound OK. But is just estiamation. I don't know HD800 and even are not very much interested in, at this time. Leben has just some particular ease of listen. Music just flow. SS even hi end are more squared in sound. But to be honest it is worth to have both types. As a user of OTL, there are many moment when I need more fast in sound and better precission. And now I strongly look for some good SS. Meybe Corda Classic.. Bryston is very nice amp. But as I do have a pre amp function with my OTL, I do not like to pay extra for this Bryston pre. I just only need headphone amp.
Have you heard or considered the A18 amplifier? That ones also on my list.post #1235 of 209010/9/13 at 3:22pmpost #1236 of 209010/9/13 at 3:27pmQuote:
Thank you for your input. Its a bit of a gamble with this hobby I suppose and living in a state that do not carry any of what Im looking to audition doesnt help either.post #1237 of 209010/24/13 at 1:47pmpost #1238 of 209011/10/13 at 10:13ampost #1239 of 209011/10/13 at 10:28amIve had my bh1/bda2/lcd3 for about a year now arminius and I couldn't be happier! 24bit files from the likes of dexter gordon, les morgan, coltrane, & pink floyd sometimes makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. The first cut off friday night in san francisco with di meola, paco, & john m brought tears to my eyes the first time I listened to it....literally. The holographic soundstage with deep lows & smooth highs is truly something to behold.post #1240 of 209011/10/13 at 10:33ampost #1241 of 209011/10/13 at 11:05amThe hd800 is definitely on my short list. Have you listened to any trance/dubstep/chill music from the likes of moby or submotion orchestra with lcd3's? Some of the low-note booms loosens the wax in my inner ear! :-)post #1242 of 209011/10/13 at 11:17ampost #1243 of 209011/10/13 at 11:42ampost #1244 of 209011/10/13 at 11:56am
Anything but his new album Intense
Check out Mirage and Imagine. Also their remix CDs.
Universal Religion Chapter - I like #6 a lot in particular
Also: A State of Trance 500 - CD1 kicks ass
- New headphone amplifier from Bryston
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 21 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 30 seconds ago
- › 2016 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Exchange sign up 57 seconds ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 1 minute ago
- › New Matrix Audio X-Server info (and a bit about the X-Sabre 2 as well) 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear