I was undecided between the SE215 and the GR07. But this review and following comments have helped me make my decision. Also, the GR07 not been currently available with any U.S. seller made it easier for me. Placed an order for the SE215 today. This will be my first IEM. Hopefully the IEM journey will be a pleasant one with many more IEMs joining me on the way. Thanks guys.
Related Forum Threads
- Vsonic GR07, Rockit R50, Yamaha EPH-100 or Shure Se215 Last post on 9/18/12 at 3:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR07, Rockit R50, Shure Se215 or Yamaha EPH-100 Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Klipsch S4 or Shure SE215? Last post on 10/10/12 at 11:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Graduating from old Bose Earbuds, Trying to decide between SE215 and RE0's Last post on 8/1/12 at 12:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz B2 or Shure se215 Last post on 7/9/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
At the time this review was written the FLC 8S was listed for sale on Amazon and Musicteck’s website. Here are links for more information and purchase....
The review you are about to read is very personal and contains details some might find boring or unimportant. You have been warned. My personal search for a great headphone began with a love...
[REVIEW] Shure SE215 - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 2969/14/11 at 4:22pmpost #33 of 2969/17/11 at 3:50pm
Received my SE215 today and I am really enjoying it. Love the bass and the spaciousness. One thing that I did not expect though was the sibilance with songs like Massive Attack - Unfinished Sympathy. Haven't burned them in, so lets see if the sound signature changes any with the burn in.post #34 of 2969/20/11 at 7:31am
******* right, SE215 are awesome for trip-hop.
I've had mine for about a week now, the highs do sound slightly artificial in some places, a little bit removed from the rest of the sound. I'm not getting much sibilance on those bells in Unfinished Sympathy, though; they seem to articulate and separate the sound very well to me. They are actually superior to my MS400 in this regard. Could it be your track? My source is a 320 kpbs MP3 over a solid sound card.
Quote:Originally Posted by epidoc
Received my SE215 today and I am really enjoying it. Love the bass and the spaciousness. One thing that I did not expect though was the sibilance with songs like Massive Attack - Unfinished Sympathy. Haven't burned them in, so lets see if the sound signature changes any with the burn in.post #35 of 2969/30/11 at 5:54am
^ I have been listening to 320 kbps Ogg Vorbis tracks, so I am not sure if it was the track. I have been using the SE215 quite a bit and the sibilance has definitely reduced some but its still there (not a huge deal... as I love the sound signature).post #36 of 29610/8/11 at 3:53pmpost #37 of 29610/9/11 at 12:07ampost #38 of 29610/9/11 at 8:10am
Not sure about the CX300, but I came to the SE215 from CX400-II and was not disappointed. Less bloat, not as dark, but tbh with some EQ the SE215 can give as much rumble with better clarity than the CX400-II.post #39 of 29610/9/11 at 8:12ampost #40 of 29610/9/11 at 9:01am
do you guy have any tips on how to get the wires to play nice? they kind of just suspend slightly above my ears instead of resting on them.. so I try not to use them as much as possible.
as for the bass, not at ALL- these have just as much as bass as the cx300IIs (if you look at the headphone.com graph, the bass response is very very similar). seal is important too. Once you get these in, the bass is excellent and isolation.. I can't hear cars beside me when I'm biking. A little thing i noticed- I found goes it better if you have the 'butt' end (where the S in shure is) inside the ridge of your ear. It helps to pull your ear back and slightly away from you (as the manual says.). Then your ear 'locks' the earphones in. at home I don't even use the memory wire, I just let it dangle and use it as a straight cable.
I found- the cx300IIs had sparkly highs. but it was kinda uneven- some regions would would come out better than others. The mid was kind of faded. In these it's the opposite- excellent mids, but very little high. However, classical still sounds ok- violins just don't have that edge.post #41 of 29610/9/11 at 9:02ampost #42 of 29610/9/11 at 2:12pmpost #43 of 29610/9/11 at 4:59pmpost #44 of 29611/14/11 at 2:00pm
It has been well over a year since I last posted on Headfi, but I had to chime in that I love these IEM's. I didn't want to spend a lot on IEM's since they get beaten up a lot. I also didn't need a hi-end set since I way prefer full-sized headphones for critical listening. These are fantastic. Only have some old E2C's and Klipsch X4's to compare to, but these kill either of those. Bass like I wish I had on the old E2C's with a nice midrange, solid detail retrieval and soundstage, and acceptable treble. I agree that the treble is the weakest part of the sonic range for these, but I am quite sensitive to treble so these really are ideal. So many other IEM's come off too hot for me in the upper range. A smidge more sparkle would be good, but overall, I love these. Fit my ears fine with the olives, and the isolation is superb. I don't miss my fullsized headphones very often when I use these, especially with my uDac during long library sessions.post #45 of 2961/8/12 at 3:01pm
At work, I have been using the Vsonic RE0 and the Klipsch S4i. Both different, but good IEM's. Through the use of various IEMs and headphones throughout the years, I have learned what I like and dislike. Sibilance is something I dislike, and I do like punchy bass with a more mid-centric sound. The RE0, although a nice IEM, was a little too cold for my tastes. And the S4i was just too fatiguing sometimes.
Based on this review, and the review on Innerfidelity, I decided to give the SE215 a try, and I'm really glad I did. The sound is very good, with good details and separation. The bass is very good, much better then I expected. The treble is still a little too much for my tastes, but I can EQ that down a bit on the iPhone. And the fit of these on my ears are perfect, very comfortable. The best fit IEM I've had (I've had various sub $100 Sony, Sennheiser, Vsonic, Klipsch). Isolation is also excellent. However, sometimes I do prefer the more laid back nature of the B&W P5 I have. But wearing the P5, I feel kinda silly, and IEMs are far less conspicuous.
Thanks for the review ClieOS. Keep up the good work. Now I'm wondering if I should upgrade to the SE535 and if it is a big difference in sound quality.
Edited by Keevs - 1/8/12 at 3:04pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Shure SE215
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 26 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 30 seconds ago
- › REVIEW - AUNE AUDIO S16 - Single box DAC and Headphone Amplifier. 40 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid) 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 1 minute ago
- › Effect Audio cables thread 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - Newer Thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio "Heritage Series" - "Lionheart" - NEW PRODUCT LAUNCH! 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear