New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Shure SE215 - Page 9

post #121 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

I have not reviewed In-Ear3 because I haven't had the time to do so, not because I dislike it. I have over 20 pieces of gear that needed to be reviewed and I can only do so much so fast. I still have a day job to attend to.

 

I recommend BA to you as I am under the impression that you are more of a BA person (from what you have posted on SF3 and SE215 so far). But I am not you and only you can judge it for yourself.

 

In-Ear3 is actually almost the same size / slightly smaller than SE215. So if SE215 can fit your comfortably, then In-Ear3 should fit you just as well. Comfort wise, they are almost the same for me. SE215 might be a bit more comfortable because it has foam tips, but you can use foam tips on In-Ear3 as well.

 

I really won't recommend using In-Ear3 for gym. It is well built, but not for taking punishment. If you want something for the gym, better get a cheaper IEM that you know it won't break your heart or your bank account when it is broken.

 

SC.jpg
 

 


ok in completely understand... well thank you so much for taking the time to take the picture, it doesn't look very clear so that i can understand the exact difference, but from what you say, it's likely that they 'll be quite comfortable to my ears as well, so we solved that as well!!. well i take care of my stuff so much, that i don't even think my headphones will "understand" or "feel" like they are used in a gym, i hide the cables under my shirt, and it's not like the cables get tangled or something, i am too careful with my gear, always been so that is not a reason for me to not buy them. actually managed to return the 215s in the local dealer (thank god....), so after i finish this post, the aurvanas will be ordered, and you'll be hearing my news when they get here (in about 2 weeks the dealer said). the ooonly details that scares me a bit now is the really thin cables.... thank you ClieOS for your most valuable advice!

 

post #122 of 245

Hi

 

Does the se215 work well with a cowon e2? Is the sound output (2x12mv at 16ohm impedance) enough for these earphones?

post #123 of 245

I've just bought these based on the reviews posted here on Head-Fi. I've been grinning like an idiot with these in my ears walking home. I hope shures customer service is as good as it was a while back, in that case I'm set for the next two years.

post #124 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by djalberthiphop View Post


ok in completely understand... well thank you so much for taking the time to take the picture, it doesn't look very clear so that i can understand the exact difference, but from what you say, it's likely that they 'll be quite comfortable to my ears as well, so we solved that as well!!. well i take care of my stuff so much, that i don't even think my headphones will "understand" or "feel" like they are used in a gym, i hide the cables under my shirt, and it's not like the cables get tangled or something, i am too careful with my gear, always been so that is not a reason for me to not buy them. actually managed to return the 215s in the local dealer (thank god....), so after i finish this post, the aurvanas will be ordered, and you'll be hearing my news when they get here (in about 2 weeks the dealer said). the ooonly details that scares me a bit now is the really thin cables.... thank you ClieOS for your most valuable advice!

 

 

ClieOS, the aurvana's were just shipped!!! still in their wonderful box, i am at work now so i'll open them tonight. really hope the sound is as pleasing as the packaging! thank you for all your help for making me choose those!!

 

post #125 of 245
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by djalberthiphop View Post

 

ClieOS, the aurvana's were just shipped!!! still in their wonderful box, i am at work now so i'll open them tonight. really hope the sound is as pleasing as the packaging! thank you for all your help for making me choose those!!

 


Fingers crossed!

 

post #126 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post


Fingers crossed!

 

 

 

yes.. it is confirmed. I L-O-V-E THEM!!! they are just so detailed and rich, it's like the artists are rapping in my head!!! definately has the WOW factor. i would recommend them, especially if someone can get them at the price that i could, 105 euros. absolutely satisfied, and thank you so much for the help!!!

post #127 of 245
Thread Starter 

Glad to know you like it.

post #128 of 245
ClieOS,

Just read your review of these - thanks for posting it.

One thing I found interesting - you said they reminded you of the UM2. I have a pair of UM2, but I was thinking about getting a set of iems with an inline control/mic for use with my iPhone, and the SE215 with the replacement cable seemed like a good option. If they will give a similar sound to the UM2, they could be the ideal solution. So, the question I have is, how would they stack up against the UM2? I realise that the SE215 cost a lot less than the UM2, so my expectations are realistic.

Thanks,

Dave.
post #129 of 245
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitaldave View Post

ClieOS,
Just read your review of these - thanks for posting it.
One thing I found interesting - you said they reminded you of the UM2. I have a pair of UM2, but I was thinking about getting a set of iems with an inline control/mic for use with my iPhone, and the SE215 with the replacement cable seemed like a good option. If they will give a similar sound to the UM2, they could be the ideal solution. So, the question I have is, how would they stack up against the UM2? I realise that the SE215 cost a lot less than the UM2, so my expectations are realistic.
Thanks,
Dave.

SE215 reminds me of UM2 in the fact that they are both warm sounding and good with vocal, and the presentations share similarity. UM2 has better overall resolution and precision on notes while SE215 has more dynamic and a quicker response. Overall I'll say UM2 sounds technically more proficient but SE215 isn't that far behind. Though SE215 does cost much less, it actually compares really well to the more expensive UM2 simply because UM2's design is well dated and Westone always keeps too hard a line on pricing.
post #130 of 245

Hello everyone. I consider myself an enthusiast.....an everyday listener who wants better sound on a budget. I am not the guy who sits for hours comparing headphones, however I do use them all the time everyday for entertainment. I just bought the SE215 in clear for use with my iPod Shuffle (audiobooks), iPod Touch (music, exercise, and entertainment. What is this headphone "burn in" all about? Will it help and does it really matter?

     I was given a headphone setup for XMAS....Headroom Total BitHead amp and Sony MDR-V6 headphones. I can say this as a first impression.....I like the SE215 but I like the Sony MDR-V6 better. The SE215 sounds nice but they seem to be midrange happy to me. The bass seems.....well like a ported woofer box. It is boomy where the Sony MDR-V6 is cleaner and tighter in the bass somehow. I am not complaining at all......the SONY MDR-V6 is all I have to compare the SE215s with. I am using my computer, the Headroom Total BitHead connected via USB and iTunes for my comparo. :) I think that I am going to like my first set of IEMs and I do think that I made a decent choice in a price range that I could afford. :)

post #131 of 245

I strongly consider buying the Shure 215 since all I read of them is pretty positive and most people seem to love them. However, there are two concerns I came across that need to be sorted out before I pull the trigger on them:

 

1. Is it true that the problem with the audio cutting out due to the bad cable (or connection) is sorted out in the newer batches? How can I identify them?

2. I read that you need good source material. I only got "normal" mp3s over my ipod and don´t intend to pay any special attention to the source material. Are the 215 still for me or is my source material not good enough for them to properly function? In that case I would tend to cheaper, more forgiving in ear headphones.

 

thanks

post #132 of 245

Anybody can comment on that? thanks


Edited by l00l - 6/4/12 at 12:04am
post #133 of 245
Thread Starter 

1. No one knows. If you asked Shure, they probably not going to comment on it or simply tell you the problem has been fixed. You just have to take a leap of faith.

 

2. What is your normal? 128kpbs is definitely too low for today's standard. I would think you need at least 192kbps, and higher the better (though not need to get lossless unless for data banking or future proofing). The whole reason to get good headphone is so that you can listen to music with more detail. But if those detail is lost during the encoding, then getting a good headphone will become a moot point, much like buying an F1 engine for a mini van. However, I don't really think SE215 is unforgiving when it comes to encoding. Still, I'll recommend better encoding in the long run.

post #134 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by l00l View Post

I strongly consider buying the Shure 215 since all I read of them is pretty positive and most people seem to love them. However, there are two concerns I came across that need to be sorted out before I pull the trigger on them:

 

1. Is it true that the problem with the audio cutting out due to the bad cable (or connection) is sorted out in the newer batches? How can I identify them?

2. I read that you need good source material. I only got "normal" mp3s over my ipod and don´t intend to pay any special attention to the source material. Are the 215 still for me or is my source material not good enough for them to properly function? In that case I would tend to cheaper, more forgiving in ear headphones.

 

thanks

 

On #1: I actually had my left side start to cut out (bought last year in the fall) turned out that there was simply some "crud" in the connection, cleaned with a tiny bit of paper towel, voila, no more problem.  I used to wear mine to the gym a lot (cardio workouts = sweat) so that could have been a factor.

 

I'm pretty hard on mine, no other issues (i.e. I keep them in my pocket at times without the little case, wear them under my motorcycle helmet etc).  As ClieOS indicated, there isn't a well known way to check for the batches of "fixed" cables (I did some research before buying mine) but if you get them from a retailer that has decent turnover, I really wouldn't be concerned.

 

Just my $0.02 :)

post #135 of 245

Nice review, I'm def I shure fan boy. My first pair was SCL-2's, then I moved up the 3's then the 4's now I'm rockin the SE535's. I love them. My 4's were my everyday buds but they just crapped out :/ The wire is broken on them. The SE215's look like they have improved alot since I had my 2' series

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: