Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Bilavideo Cups Pending List
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bilavideo Cups Pending List - Page 41  

post #601 of 677

Sadly people that scam others (or at least, do so successfully) are typically far more likable than the average person, and through various means they manage to create a situation where others are more than happy to trust them.  It's unfortunate too, because one of the consequences is not only the financial loss, but the increased difficulty in trusting others afterward. 

 

Anyway, not saying that this describes the matter at hand...this might just be something that got away from him, though it's hard to imagine a scenario where he's unable to return other peoples' property without concluding that he abused their trust and misused that property to at least some degree.

post #602 of 677

edit: nvm for now


Edited by wind016 - 8/1/11 at 10:40pm
post #603 of 677

Does someone have his and his dad's\mom's phone number they can PM me? Its time I call them up, thanks.

post #604 of 677

I would suggest a cease & desist or face the wrath of an old guy in shades using a hand for a hat!! (post 463 in this thread). deadhorse.gif

 

On a more serious note, its been quite a while since anyone heard from Bill so any suggestions on further course of action to recover money & headphones would be welcome. Some posts earlier in the thread suggested sending a certified letter which I am thinking of doing. What should the next step be after this letter?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnyhifi View Post

Does someone have his and his dad's\mom's phone number they can PM me? Its time I call them up, thanks.



 

post #605 of 677

Unfortunately David Carradine is deadfrown.gif and therefore I won't have to worry about the old man in the hat, I'm all for some ideas on how we can get our money back. I'm a bit P.O'ed with how he has just screwed everyone over, its BS.

 

I doubt a certified letter would do any good, he would likely just glance over it and chuck it in the fireplace just like how he has been ignoring everyone here. Shall we all file a police report? Is there a way we can do a joint report so the cops take it more seriously? Do cops even care about internet scams of small amounts such as ours?

 

I'm not really sure if there is much more we can do, we may have to just bite the bullet and move on.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihirwadia View Post

I would suggest a cease & desist or face the wrath of an old guy in shades using a hand for a hat!! (post 463 in this thread). deadhorse.gif

 

On a more serious note, its been quite a while since anyone heard from Bill so any suggestions on further course of action to recover money & headphones would be welcome. Some posts earlier in the thread suggested sending a certified letter which I am thinking of doing. What should the next step be after this letter?
 



 



 

post #606 of 677

maybe filing a complaint here is a start.

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

post #607 of 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnyhifi View Post

Unfortunately David Carradine is deadfrown.gif and therefore I won't have to worry about the old man in the hat, I'm all for some ideas on how we can get our money back. I'm a bit P.O'ed with how he has just screwed everyone over, its BS.

 

I doubt a certified letter would do any good, he would likely just glance over it and chuck it in the fireplace just like how he has been ignoring everyone here. Shall we all file a police report? Is there a way we can do a joint report so the cops take it more seriously? Do cops even care about internet scams of small amounts such as ours?

 

I'm not really sure if there is much more we can do, we may have to just bite the bullet and move on.
 



 



probably not, but you can settle this in the courts if need be

post #608 of 677

Im not sure if a small claims case would be worth it but maybe if you did take him to court, it would be an inconvience to him to have to be summoned to court in another state. Im not sure how the courts work so this might not even be true. But then again, if you look at one of my last post I dont think someone else know muchs about the courts either.  ZING!

post #609 of 677

I wonder if there's any agreement between Canada and the US about small claims court... Anyone know off-hand?

post #610 of 677

If Judge Judy heard this case she'd be like...

 

jj.jpg

 

Bill...WTF is wrong with you?

 

post #611 of 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by WobblyGoblin View Post

I wonder if there's any agreement between Canada and the US about small claims court... Anyone know off-hand?

Nah, without looking it up I can guarantee you that you'd be wasting your time.

 

I really don't want to write a blurb, and it's been a long time since I've concerned myself with this so I might be a bit rusty, but getting personal jurisdiction over the defendant would be virtually impossible for the other potential plaintiffs in this thread who mostly live in other states, let alone across an international border. In other words, if this is heard at the state level (and small claims is, of course), then Florida courts would be the only place that would have jurisdiction over you know who.  The system is set up this way so that defendants aren't unfairly called to defend themselves all over the place at great expense and inconvenience unless there are sufficient grounds to tie them to the other jurisdictions. 

 

If this was a situation where the damages were far greater, one might consider various arguments wrt jurisdiction... mostly based on the degree to which business was solicited and conducted out of state ("minimum contacts" is the legalese), but on the surface at least, this was just a person running a small service, not a corporation operating in other states, and he wasn't affirmatively pursuing business in other states, so in all likelihood, this stays in Florida.

 

And of course, winning in small claims doesn't mean that you're going to actually be paid the judgment. Half the time you need to file liens.  There are other options, most of which have been suggested already. This also involves federal mail.
 

post #612 of 677

Nobody has called him and asked what's going on in the last week? Maybe they can do this and post his response here.

Hopefully it's not disconnected and he has fled to Canada with all your money normal_smile%20.gif

post #613 of 677

not to butt in but that very well seems like it could be the case. He's fully aware of the situation and should be responding accordingly not blatantly ignoring it. 

post #614 of 677

Mods, correct me if I'm wrong, but Bill hasn't posted or replied to anything in a while. Why is he not banned?

post #615 of 677

I figured as much. 

 

Anyone here living near Lakeland/Tampa area of Florida and willing to put the time in to go talk to him in person?

 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyzyx View Post



Nah, without looking it up I can guarantee you that you'd be wasting your time.

 

I really don't want to write a blurb, and it's been a long time since I've concerned myself with this so I might be a bit rusty, but getting personal jurisdiction over the defendant would be virtually impossible for the other potential plaintiffs in this thread who mostly live in other states, let alone across an international border. In other words, if this is heard at the state level (and small claims is, of course), then Florida courts would be the only place that would have jurisdiction over you know who.  The system is set up this way so that defendants aren't unfairly called to defend themselves all over the place at great expense and inconvenience unless there are sufficient grounds to tie them to the other jurisdictions. 

 

If this was a situation where the damages were far greater, one might consider various arguments wrt jurisdiction... mostly based on the degree to which business was solicited and conducted out of state ("minimum contacts" is the legalese), but on the surface at least, this was just a person running a small service, not a corporation operating in other states, and he wasn't affirmatively pursuing business in other states, so in all likelihood, this stays in Florida.

 

And of course, winning in small claims doesn't mean that you're going to actually be paid the judgment. Half the time you need to file liens.  There are other options, most of which have been suggested already. This also involves federal mail.
 



 


Edited by WobblyGoblin - 8/6/11 at 9:11pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Bilavideo Cups Pending List